Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Business Petition to decrease the Brownie Point cost of flamebate pranks

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

A quick fix potentially increase activity on the forums (and boost revenue for CZ) is to lower the cost of avatar and title pranks and possibly lower the cost or lifespan of wordfilters/emotes.

If stuff is cheaper, people will buy more of it. That’s just a fact of consumerism. And pranks are fun. YOu can cause drama and point out fabulous persons and whatnot.

Revised pricing could be a ‘LIMITED TIME SALE LOL’ to see how it goes, too. the worst that happens is people buy more stuff, right.

People dont want to waste three irl dollars on a 93x93 picture when someone else will change it back seconds later. One or two dollars, however, might get more interest.

oh and CZ, if flamebate improvements (klan admin, locked threads, etc) are actually on the horizon it would be nice to know.

Skyman747

Avatar: 115546 2015-08-12 18:58:09 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

DIRTY ****ING fine upstanding member of society woman's genitals

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

A quick fix potentially increase activity on the forums (and boost revenue for CZ) is to lower the cost of avatar and title pranks and possibly lower the cost or lifespan of wordfilters/emotes.

If stuff is cheaper, people will buy more of it. That’s just a fact of consumerism. And pranks are fun. YOu can cause drama and point out fabulous persons and whatnot.

Revised pricing could be a ‘LIMITED TIME SALE LOL’ to see how it goes, too. the worst that happens is people buy more stuff, right.

People dont want to waste three irl dollars on a 93x93 picture when someone else will change it back seconds later. One or two dollars, however, might get more interest.

oh and CZ, if flamebate improvements (klan admin, locked threads, etc) are actually on the horizon it would be nice to know.

The USD to BP ratio ranges from $1.67 for 1 BP with the lowest package up to the $1:1 you get with the FoF III. That means that at most right now an avatar change is $1.67. To lower to the cost of the Avie and Title changes (which are already at 1 BP) would require a rework of the pricing plans, which has potential for mbumive bumhurt.

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

Skyman747 Posted:

The USD to BP ratio ranges from $1.67 for 1 BP with the lowest package up to the $1:1 you get with the FoF III. That means that at most right now an avatar change is $1.67. To lower to the cost of the Avie and Title changes (which are already at 1 BP) would require a rework of the pricing plans, which has potential for mbumive bumhurt.

2-3 dollars for an avatar prank…

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

He was just bumuming that all the other prices would be scaled down somewhat equally.

You’re proposing only changing the single price for avatars?

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

i dont know how pranks can help boost forum activity

Chronic-Boy

Avatar: 128365 2009-10-31 08:19:01 -0400

[WeChallNot]

Level 33 Troll

“Permafail”

Well this would work… if everyone could buy BP but they cant so really it means tht if people pick on a person and prank them like mad if they are easily offended then they would leave meaning that more people would leave flamebate.

Helston

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Chronic-Boy Posted:

Well this would work… if everyone could buy BP but they cant so really it means tht if people pick on a person and prank them like mad if they are easily offended then they would leave meaning that more people would leave flamebate.

http://forumwarz.com/spoilers/wiki/Troll

And on a side note, this sounds like a good idea. Don’t know if I’d buy anything but it would make it more appealing.

Helston edited this message on 08/30/2009 8:15AM

drussthebrit-
ishbastard

Avatar: 61156 Fri Jan 09 16:01:01 -0500 2009

Level 68 Troll

Finest upstanding member of society, ever!

Why not make it so the prank victim can’t change his avatar/title for 24 hours?

I very much support av and title pranks being only 1 bp.

mterek

Avatar: 192622 2009-09-24 16:39:01 -0400

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

I don’t agree that you’ll increase forum activity. When the biggest barriers to cost are both Paypal and spending any money at all, the difference in cost for pranks really only affects the people willing to put out the money in the first place.

On top of that, I think pranking should always be more expensive than de-pranking.

Skyman747

Avatar: 115546 2015-08-12 18:58:09 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

DIRTY ****ING fine upstanding member of society woman's genitals

Dammit, I was looking at changing your own avatar, nvm. New argument against it.

mterek Posted:

I don’t agree that you’ll increase forum activity. When the biggest barriers to cost are both Paypal and spending any money at all, the difference in cost for pranks really only affects the people willing to put out the money in the first place.

On top of that, I think pranking should always be more expensive than de-pranking.

I agree with this post. Especially since you already have to buy BP in bunches, how would lowering the price draw in anyone new? Whether its 1 BP or 3, they still have to shell out at least $5 for it, and the same people who already do it are the ones who would benefit.

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

also I don’t prank people because when I want to give them avs I just send it to them and let them put it up themselves. Why is it worth an extra dollar?

Sarcasm Inc

Avatar: 124937 2010-01-24 16:34:47 -0500

[pizza party]

Level 69 Hacker

Not needed anymore now that we have the SarcMark

Fortunato Posted:

also I don’t prank people because when I want to give them avs I just send it to them and let them put it up themselves. Why is it worth an extra dollar?

It’s the thought that counts.

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

Sarcasm Inc Posted:

It’s the thought that counts.

Yeah, except when you screw it up, like I did with Fort’s. I wanted to surprise him, and apparently, I was too dense to realize he’d already made a whole other lat just to use the av pic.

Xylon

Avatar: 76994 2010-01-16 02:54:34 -0500

[Kappa Kappa Kappa]

Level 35 Hacker

Posting personal information is fun. Everyone should try it at least once.

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

2-3 dollars for an avatar prank…

This is a poorly formed idea. While you may mean well, raising the price of Flamebate Pranks will not stimulate BP sales, it will cause stagnation. We are not going to want to pay even more money for a feature which as you say can be changed back a few moments later.

He asked to lower the price…

Inconnu

Avatar: 48966 2011-07-31 19:36:53 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Camwhore

Qui est cette chienne

pic extremely relevant

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!