Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Contest Anti-Freeze Suggestions

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

So, from my point of view, Anti-Freeze is currently broken because you can rack up a ton of them for very little cost. You do need a large enough bank to survive some unluckiness, but I think my biggest negative streak in the last few hundred hands was about -10k. Since rollover today I’ve made about 20k on Blackjack, so I guess I’m just real lucky tonight, but even so the expected loss in the long run is very small for the number of scoops you can pull.

I wouldn’t suggest messing with Blackjack, but rather with what part of it awards scoops.

What if you got a scoop for every X (2? 3?) times you picked Double on a 1,000 F bet? You’d have to play a lot more for scoops if you wanted to make them without losing money, as it’s not often a smart thing to pick. If you just wanted quick scoops you could get them, but it would be real expensive.

I think it’s silly that in the last 25 minutes I made 24 scoops and didn’t lose the ability to get more. Not only that, I’m not even the only guy in my round this week who has made that many so far – it’s been less than THREE HOURS! Anyone else have suggestions for improving/nerfing this scoop?

windandwater

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

You can also get them if you kill yourself 3 times. Log in to see images! Or use Switcheroo or Modest Improvement cards to get them.

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

Uh…yes. Yes I know. But none of those methods are as broken.

Killing yourself three times means wasting 3 visits that could have gotten Lemon or Pistachio scoops, as well as losing cred and therefore flezz.

Modest Improvements don’t give a real significant boost, and are equally applied to any flava. Also, first you need scoops to get them – 4 scoops for 2 AF is not that great a deal.

Switcheroos similarly take 4 scoops, but for a mbum conversion of some other kind. The only flavas that could be used for this are Lemon, which seems pretty balanced, and Vanilla, which having just undergone nerfs may be in higher demand.

Gambling is not restricted significantly in regards to # scoops/day, like suicide. It’s not reliant on another broken flava, like Modest Improvements or Switcheroos. It’s just likely to be a huge scoop farm for anyone with time to goof off…or conceivably a bot, but that would be all cheater-like.

crovax1234

Avatar: 4582 2010-02-23 19:23:15 -0500

[Board of Directors]

Level 69 Troll

Gambling addict extraordinaire

Actually… I kinda thought of a potential way that could remove wealth as a limiting factor for Antifreeze scoops. Instead of giving antifreeze scoops as a reward for risking a lot of flezz, why not just allow people to gamble for antifreeze scoops? You’d probably want to keep it to, like, 2 scoops per hand (so a blackjack could return 3) but it would prevent people like myself from stockpiling eleventy billion antifreeze scoops without risking losing any of them.

You could either add a way to get a nominal number of scoops per bracket (Like, 4 or 6 total) or you could force people to suicide/card their way into the antifreeze gaming.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

My opinions:

-Gamble-bot needs to be tweaked. For me, at least, it’s a cold day in hell when it doesn’t get 20-21.

-Anti-Freeze from gambling needs to be nerfed, definitely. As is, it really favors the rich.

-We should get a scoop of Anti-Freeze every time we kill ourselves in a forum. As is, the benefits of speed runs or “in-a-rows” far outweigh 1 anti-freeze for every three forums. Hell, 2 scoops of Anti-Freeze might even be good without broken, as you can easily get 12 scoops for Speedruns a day…it might even help balance the game for users with slow connections.

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

PIMPTASTIC-FROTH Posted:

-We should get a scoop of Anti-Freeze every time we kill ourselves in a forum. As is, the benefits of speed runs or “in-a-rows” far outweigh 1 anti-freeze for every three forums. Hell, 2 scoops of Anti-Freeze might even be good without broken, as you can easily get 12 scoops for Speedruns a day…it might even help balance the game for users with slow connections.

This is in sort of the same vein as my idea that a forum run interrupted by lag should get a guaranteed minimum 1 Lemon Scoop for the interference (I actually still squeezed out 2 Lemons even after lag hit the other day on Rice, Rice). If you hit a major amount of lag that just adds gobs of time to your run, and you know you’ve got no chance to win a Lemon, then killing yourself is currently not a bad play, since it earns you a 1/3 Antifreeze Scoop. If we granted 1 full Antifreeze per death, then no one would bother finishing a laggy run that they know can’t get 2 Scoops. If AF Scoops get modified in regards to deaths, then it should not go above 1 AF Scoop per two deaths.

pOOpey

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

PIMPTASTIC-FROTH Posted:

My opinions:

-Anti-Freeze from gambling needs to be nerfed, definitely. As is, it really favors the rich.

bum bum bum!!! What’s the point in being a camwhore if you’re against favouring the rich and the grrlz who’ve “got” it!

OO

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

Acid Flux Posted:

If AF Scoops get modified in regards to deaths, then it should not go above 1 AF Scoop per two deaths.

At 1 AF scoop per death, you’re giving up potentially 3 Lemons and 1.3 Pistachio (if you go 24 forums in a row always) for 1 scoop, as well as cred —> Flezz. That’s still a big net loss, even if it takes less effort.

Just from personal experience, I’d say an average visit is worth about 2 scoops total of Lemon/Pistachio without trying really hard for maximum value. 1 AF for that visit still sucks in comparison.

crovax1234

Avatar: 4582 2010-02-23 19:23:15 -0500

[Board of Directors]

Level 69 Troll

Gambling addict extraordinaire

The difference is, going in and killing yourself requires no keyboard knowledge and no skill. I’d say getting one scoop per time you do nothing whatsoever is fine.

Vuron

Avatar: 4928 2011-07-31 00:39:10 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Emo Kid

Vile serpent! I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Gamblebot definitely needs tweaking. I’d love for it to include surrender and splits. Further it sometimes seems that gamblebot doesn’t stand on all 17s (thus increasing it’s success rate). I’d love for it to include a 5-card charlie rule (if the player gets 5 cards without going over 21 they auto-win).

If they really want to diminish the percentage of anti-freeze scoops in the game (which really only seem to be abused by a very small number of players) they could always bump the max bet to 5000 flezz and only payout anti-freeze on winning 2 of them. That would increase the risk significantly as few of the players have that sort of flezz cushion.

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

how about hotkeys for while you are playing?

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

crovax1234 Posted:

The difference is, going in and killing yourself requires no keyboard knowledge and no skill. I’d say getting one scoop per time you do nothing whatsoever is fine.

Well, Lemon Scoops don’t require an immense amount of skill either. Really, the only types of scoops that require a certain level of skill are Pistachio (if you go into the highest tier forums) and Chocolate.

Still, you’re right that 8 scoops for dying is a little high, even ignoring cred and flezz…maybe you could randomly gain 1-2 scoops per death? Or better yet, earn more AF scoops according to your progress in the forum…say, use Martyrdom in the last remaining thread = 2 scoops?

DrPhillysBlu-
nt

Level 7 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

PIMPTASTIC-FROTH Posted:

Really, the only types of scoops that require a certain level of skill are Pistachio (if you go into the highest tier forums)

really, the only type of logic doesn’t belittle itself immediately after it makes a point

DrPhillysBlunt edited this message on 03/22/2008 5:42AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!