Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Poll Suggestion: Allow Consumable to be sold in stacks
Poll: Allow Consumable to be sold in stacks?
You must be logged in to vote.

Afterthotz

Avatar: 187543 2010-01-24 16:13:10 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Hacker

I lurk much better than I post - and my lurking skills really suck.

Title pretty much says it all. What do you think? I’m just a wee 33rd level hacker, and attacking Dykea and up, I’m using around 10 x 5-htps a forum. That makes for around 40 auctions folowed by 40 Tubmails, and is a bit of a time sink.

What do you think? Is it doable? Implementable?

Or is(TIMESINK)it working as intended? Log in to see images!

“Wobbler had written an actual computer game like this once. It was called ‘Journey to Alpha Centauri’. It was a screen with some dots on it. Because, he said, it happened in *real time*, which no-one had ever heard of until computers. He’d seen on TV that it took three thousand years to get to Alpha Centauri. He had written it so that if anyone kept their computer on for three thousand years, they’d be rewarded by a little dot appearing in the middle of the screen, and then a message saying, ‘Welcome to Alpha Centauri. Now go home.’”

Where’s my DELETE bumon? Typos everywhere Log in to see images!

Afterthotz edited this message on 08/22/2009 2:45PM

SanDyk

Avatar: 175636 2012-01-01 09:50:12 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

I am the internet equivelent of Jon Stewart! Except less funny...

This makes some sense. I mean pills aren’t usually sold in packs of one… however kyoubai isn’t the only place you can buy HTPs and you can buy more than 1 in Herbal bumault or whatever that store is called.

Sarcasm Inc

Avatar: 124937 2010-01-24 16:34:47 -0500

[pizza party]

Level 69 Hacker

Not needed anymore now that we have the SarcMark

SanDyk Posted:

This makes some sense. I mean pills aren’t usually sold in packs of one… however kyoubai isn’t the only place you can buy HTPs and you can buy more than 1 in Herbal bumault or whatever that store is called.

Yes, but you’ve missed one salient fact – he/she/it hasn’t purchased Episode 2, so they haven’t got access to Herbal bumault.

SanDyk

Avatar: 175636 2012-01-01 09:50:12 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

I am the internet equivelent of Jon Stewart! Except less funny...

Sarcasm Inc Posted:

Yes, but you’ve missed one salient fact – he/she/it hasn’t purchased Episode 2, so they haven’t got access to Herbal bumault.

Then the solution is obvious. Get Ep2 to fix this “bug”

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

Consumables aren’t really tradeable without stacking. The interface is too much of a PITA to get useful numbers.

It wouldn’t just be players who don’t have access to episode 2 that would have a use for this. Also players who don’t want to respec, and actually have a use for consumables (which pretty much just means re-res at the moment as all other clbumes can survive just fine without, at least until the gameplay revamp finishes)

-MLF-

Avatar: 83146 Sun Jan 18 18:56:12 -0500 2009

Level 60 Hacker

“Cracking Addict”

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

Consumables aren’t really tradeable without stacking. The interface is too much of a PITA to get useful numbers.

It wouldn’t just be players who don’t have access to episode 2 that would have a use for this. Also players who don’t want to respec, and actually have a use for consumables (which pretty much just means re-res at the moment as all other clbumes can survive just fine without, at least until the gameplay revamp finishes)

Hackers still need consumables Log in to see images!

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

-MLF- Posted:

Hackers still need consumables Log in to see images!

The hell they do… I can pwn anything you want without touching consumables.

That said, I swapped my gear around the other day to manipulate my luck to 9 (testing Floyd drop-rates at a variety of values) and failed to notice that I’d unequipped some of my PP-giving moar files and left myself with very little to go pwning with.

Still managed without consumables (sold all of mine way back when, so using them wasn’t an option), but it was a real “FFFFUUUUUUU” moment when I realised I’d run out and was going to have to finish the forum off with just Ophelia’s Poetry, Recipes and the re-re attacks.

So the message is that with the right set of files equipped and enough points in Ego, you can pwn anything you want. The downside of being a Hacker is that you’re never going to be able to speed-run anything other than very low level forums because of the long refresh times on the most powerful Hacker attacks…

Xeal

[Klan Crazy Awesome]

Level 23 Hacker

“Mafiaboy”

Hackers don’t really need consumables, but it sure makes it easier.

On my hacker, I can take pretty much any forum it’s level and maybe one or two levels higher without any trouble, but if we didn’t get the recipes and poetry attacks, we’d still be pretty darn screwed without any consumables. I generally never run out of PP, but if it’s this close now, it going to be hell for ep3.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

man-man Posted:

The downside of being a Hacker is that you’re never going to be able to speed-run anything other than very low level forums because of the long refresh times on the most powerful Hacker attacks…

After the game revamp, hackers will only be competing against other hackers when speedrunning, so that takes care of that.

Now, back to the OP: Signed all the way. We should be able to make bundles of whatever we want and sell them as packages.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

MC Banhammer Posted:

Now, back to the OP: Signed all the way. We should be able to make bundles of whatever we want and sell them as packages.

“Selling bundle of 100 masterballs, buy them now!”

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

CrinkzPipe Posted:

”Selling bundle of 100 masterballs, buy them now!”

Sarcasm Inc

Avatar: 124937 2010-01-24 16:34:47 -0500

[pizza party]

Level 69 Hacker

Not needed anymore now that we have the SarcMark

MC Banhammer Posted:

Careful MCB, that’s the start of a very slippery slope…

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

Not high ticket items, and a limit on the size of the stack – we don’t want it being abused for flezz transfers using middlemen

Afterthotz

Avatar: 187543 2010-01-24 16:13:10 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Hacker

I lurk much better than I post - and my lurking skills really suck.

Sarcasm Inc Posted:

SanDyk Posted:

Then the solution is obvious. Get Ep2 to fix this “bug”

Salient fact finally addressed.

And you’re right, the consumable issue seems much more trivial right now… on the ‘purchasing from Herbal bumault’ end, of course.

But MC BanHammer did get the gist of my post. Being able to stack and sell in Kyoubai seems to make sense. There is probably always going to be a market for Act 1 ‘stick in the muds’ (Like me until 2 hours ago) that want to purchase Act 2 items. And possibly even a larger market when Act 3 comes out.

Selling a few dozen ‘andy male reproductive organ (feat. carrot top) – stand up comedy – vol 1.hear’ as one stack in the Ppwn Shoppe would be nice as well, don’t know why everything BUT the moar. files stack when it comes right down to it.

But hindsight is 20/20, and I can see that in the face of the larger issues, this is MOAR. than a little trivial Log in to see images!

“The Yen Buddhists are the richest religious sect in the universe. They hold that the acgreat timesulation of money is a great evil and a burden to the soul. They therefore, regardless of personal hazard, see it as their unpleasant duty to acquire as much as possible in order to reduce the risk to innocent people.”

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

well if it’s stackable on the pwn shoppe it should be stackable on kyoubai too

mterek

Avatar: 192622 2009-09-24 16:39:01 -0400

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

I completely agree on the stacking. While we’re at it, allow us to stack sell .moar files at The Ppwn Shoppe.

Afterthotz Posted:

And you’re right, the consumable issue seems much more trivial right now… on the ‘purchasing from Herbal bumault’ end, of course.

It might seem trivial now, but certainly won’t in the future. Consumables like THE_****’s roid pack which can’t be bought en mbume from stores could fetch a pretty penny on Kyoubai if they were stacked, since 365 roids would be a year’s worth of purchases on one character. That’s only the first illegal drug introduced in the game though, there could be other more powerful ones with Episode 3 and there’s no telling how dangerous/powerful consumables like that will be if they degrade.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!