Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Writing I am so disappointed in how badly my forumbuildr submissions are doing...

kittiejenn

Avatar: 18080 2011-11-01 00:29:42 -0400

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 35 Emo Kid

So damn naughty it wraps back around to nice.

Cherrypie Posted:

Everything I do gets around 3 votes, then suddenly dies into the -5 hell.

Same here. “Hey, 3 votes.. people like it! Oops, spoke too soon.”

Abdullah_Obl-
ongata

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 7 Camwhore

The Internet frightens me

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

I contend that most voters just don’t “get it.”

And my contention is more often than not correct. Log in to see images!

People aren’t exactly reading carefully anyhow. Nuanced humor seems to die in a heartbeat. “****-male reproductive organ-shakespearean insult” seems to work a lot better.

Makai Rythem

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

I feel your pain. In fact, since I got that -1, I havn’t thought of submitting anyhing this week.

insert name

Level 10 Re-Re

Wow! Finally I got 11 votes up!

But 16 votes down … Log in to see images!

Nicole Richi-
e Vicodin Ra-
ve

Level 6 Camwhore

“Training Broad”

Good too see Microlending for Teenz languishing in obscurity. Already.

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

All my submissions get voted down. Now I just come up with terrible ideas for enemies. Otherwise my remaining submission would just go to waste. I mean, you can’t get less than 6 right?

Sonpansatan

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

I just submitted my first set of suggestions for this week, and I got 24 Chocolate scoops. I’m not in any sort of Klan, so it’s not a matter of connections. I guess I just have a lot of experience in this subject area.

gdap

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Same…

gdap edited this message on 03/29/2008 7:41PM

Bubo

Level 18 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

You know it’s sad when I get very excited, not because my idea has a high score (because it isn’t even a 5), but because I’m getting so many votes total on my idea. Most of my ideas get -5 withing 10-15 votes, and right now I have my idea with a total of over 100 votes.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

I take everything back.

Jalapeno is back in this game, baby!

Yeah!

Tesfan

Avatar: 17396 2011-07-31 06:49:56 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 35 Troll

Sucks **** through a straw in the face of convention

scullyangel Posted:

I’m boggled when things that clearly aren’t forums get upvoted.

Idk, I though YouBoob was brilliantly done considering it’s not a forum. However, I agree for the most part, one problem I see with wiccipedia is that half the people are just bumuming it’s a forum and the other half are treating it as wikipedia (with stuff like “someone needs to edit that out!”.

Vince Russo

[WeChall]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

most people just downvote everything because its the “Troll” thing to do.

Gold Flash

[Spamasuki]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Ok, I submitted the Snopes parody (Snoops), and it made it to the top 10 last week, but immediately got shot down to -5 today. What gives?

ravenblooDDa-
rkdreams

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Tesfan Posted:

Idk, I though YouBoob was brilliantly done considering it’s not a forum. However, I agree for the most part, one problem I see with wiccipedia is that half the people are just bumuming it’s a forum and the other half are treating it as wikipedia (with stuff like “someone needs to edit that out!”.

This bugs me a little bit, but honestly, the broader the topic the better, imo. There have been some forum ideas that I would have upvoted if they were just a little broader- for example, there was a baby names forum that I think has potential. However, it’d be a lot better as a general baby discussion forum, which can contain baby name jokes as well as other stuff.

Honestly, I think the reason why we’re seeing this with Wiccapedia is that people are way too lazy (myself included) to write entire short articles. Mbumive kudos to anyone who wants to try, though. Log in to see images!

Abyssinth

[Sisterhood of the -
Quivering Rose
]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

It’s just not that easy to write a post that a lot of people will find funny, enough that you can outdo the people trying to raise their own entries via collusion or something.

I carelessly entered four or five off the cuff things the first week, they were all voted down and I lost entries. then I entered one very careful suggestion that I thought about and fixed up nicely the next week, it went up to around +20 and stayed there, though it didnt make it into the final forum, but I got a few chocolate scoops out of it.

ravenblooDDa-
rkdreams

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

...oh, ****. I didn’t realize your score could go down. Log in to see images!

Yeeeah, I had 4 -5s so far. A couple at 20+, but crap, I’m doomed.

(I thought BloodSugarSexMagick and DefyingGravity were hip, fresh pop culture references, you jerks! I demand a recount! Log in to see images!

Tiny Clanger

Level 30 Troll

“Permafail”

I have a healthy forumbuildr score Log in to see images!

manimal

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Tiny Clanger Posted:

I have a healthy forumbuildr score Log in to see images!

I’m not sure, but I think forumbuildr score is based off of total net votes. If you don’t get any votes one week, I don’t think it will change.

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

Yeah my score is -1, from the last forum suggesstions. I finally got one that’s upvoted decently in this forum.

Tiny Clanger

Level 30 Troll

“Permafail”

Thanks. I’ll save my twelve submissions for next week. Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!