Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Ban Me b& and community b&

BritishSeven-
fold

Avatar: 13869 2012-10-13 16:34:26 -0400

Level 69 Troll

fabulous person

So what’s the difference between banned and communited banned?

baou30

Avatar: 138741 Fri Mar 27 19:20:32 -0400 2009

Level 21 Emo Kid

I lol'd a little. :bigbarf:

A regular ban is when you aren’t even allowed to log on.

A community ban is when you can log on but you can’t post in IDC or incit chats.

E: You can’t post on forums either, though that’s obvious. Lolol.

You can pretty much play dom, INCIT, or the actual game.

AKA Hell.

The real question is what constitutes for a ban, and what constitutes for a community ban. Log in to see images!

—————

Nacho Pepsi

Avatar: 51591 Thu Aug 20 02:05:54 -0400 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 12 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

When you’re community banned you can still play the game. When you’re just banned you can’t. Regular bans are way better imo.

ghax

Avatar: 80241 Thu Jul 02 20:10:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Camwhore

I love 12 inch fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs in my arse

With community bans, they try and sever connections with other players. However the system is not perfect, since you can still receive tubmails, talk to people via INCIT subs, klan titles, BP transfers, klan invites, etc. (Klan title chats work best when both players are officers in said klan)
They only block the chat itself. Offsite IRC is another excellent way to get around the rules. So a community ban doesn’t really hinder you from doing anything. If you need a post/thread made, you could ask an e-friend to make it for you.
With full bans, access to the site is completely denied, so you’re restricted solely to offsite IRC.
With permabans, you get “permanently” denied login access (unless you are/were a cool kid, in which case such bans last for a month)

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

ghax Posted:

With community bans, they try and sever connections with other players. However the system is not perfect, since you can still receive tubmails, talk to people via INCIT subs, klan titles, BP transfers, klan invites, etc. (Klan title chats work best when both players are officers in said klan)
They only block the chat itself. Offsite IRC is another excellent way to get around the rules. So a community ban doesn’t really hinder you from doing anything. If you need a post/thread made, you could ask an e-friend to make it for you.
With full bans, access to the site is completely denied, so you’re restricted solely to offsite IRC.
With permabans, you get “permanently” denied login access (unless you are/were a cool kid, in which case such bans last for a month)

Teaching people how to get around the system, always a good idea.
Johnny Mac edited this message on 08/14/2009 7:41PM

ghax

Avatar: 80241 Thu Jul 02 20:10:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Camwhore

I love 12 inch fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs in my arse

Johnny Mac Posted:

Teaching people how to get around the system, always a good idea.

i figured it was fairly obvious.

“if u can append a message, then it’s a way around” seems like it would be blatantly obvious.

dobnits

Avatar: 58842 2010-01-24 16:19:10 -0500

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

THE LEGENDARY PINK DOBS

To build upon, as well as one-up ghax’s description

The primary purpose of community bans is to keep the people who are doing things that are *ahem* frowned upon by the community overlords, and are put in place to keep them from doing said things. If they talk via a proxy account/friend (bumuming its a legal one of course) that’s all well and good unless its involves posting more stupid. (yes, I use stupid as a noun, deal with it)

These were put in place in opposition to regular bans, as a fair amount of people (nerd o powa, DerKaiserReich, and all the dum-dums who post goatse for free BP, to name a few examples) weren’t doing anything harmful enough to give a full fledged exile. Regular bans are handed out to people who break the sites core rules, ones that don’t pertain solely to Flamebate (toxx, deliberate haxxing, klan voting in buildrs)

Permabans are pretty self-explanatory. They are MOSTLY handed out to people who one of the mods have had enough of them and want them gone, tbh. Those cases usually aren’t as perma as they come off, and if the mod is in a particularly nice mood, then unbans will be randomly handed out to the ones we miss the zany antics of the most.

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

dobnits Posted:

Stuff.

I know what I’m about to post is horribly off-topic, but when I read your post my mind automatically searched for a word after stupid for a fraction of a second before I realized it was a noun. Log in to see images!

Lucky Fort

Avatar: 166242 Sun Mar 22 21:24:17 -0400 2009

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 1 Re-Re

Johnny Mac Posted:

I know what I’m about to post is horribly off-topic, but when I read your post my mind automatically searched for a word after stupid for a fraction of a second before I realized it was a noun. Log in to see images!

how dare you Log in to see images!

DarkDespair5

Avatar: 77864 Thu Jun 04 08:28:46 -0400 2009

Level 56 Hacker

“Logic Bomber”

I appreciate the lulz of certain bans/unbans, but it’s patently unfair to unban some people because of the character they bring to the community and not others because they’re just dull. Permabans should be permanent and community bans should be used for *every* non-game related infraction. Is there a community permaban for people who abuse (only) the forums? ForumWarz has the most ****ed up, indecisive, random yet cool mods I have ever seen (is that a bad thing? Log in to see images!

dobnits

Avatar: 58842 2010-01-24 16:19:10 -0500

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

THE LEGENDARY PINK DOBS

DarkDespair5 Posted:

Is there a community permaban for people who abuse (only) the forums?

yes, but we’ve only really used it once

Though technically, hes not PERMAbanned, he just cant post for another hundred years Log in to see images!
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!