Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Writing Forumwarz internet references & homegrown memes: Help collaborate in Spoilerpedia!

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

Hey guys, I accidentally purposely created a couple new Spoilerpedia articles:

List Of Internet References In Forumwarz

Forumwarz Forced Memes

We’ve wanted to have the internet references article for some time; back in the day ET created a thread for it (spoilers), but it would be cool to have a central place to look up all the references in the storyline. So many times people just don’t “get” the “joke,” which is understandable given the vastness of the internet. This kind of article is just what Spoilerpedia was designed for.

As for memes created within Forumwarz: I can’t remember too many off the top of my head, but I know there’s a handful out there. With herons, “Toaster Car,” and the aggressive resurgence of Robocop’s “I’d buy that for a dollar,” I think the time has come to recognize the community’s homegrown attempts at creating memes.

This isn’t a contest. However, if you’d like to take this on as a pet project and you contribute significantly, you might earn yourself the Collaborator E-Peen™. You’d also be helping illuminate future generations of Forumwarriorz about the wonders of memetics.

Go! Go! Go!

Jalapeno Bootyhole edited this message on 08/14/2009 10:59AM

swine

Avatar: 10221 2011-10-31 21:15:57 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

I congratulate you in recognising my superiority and choosing me to be your love pig!

I thought about making that page, like, a month ago. I’m just lazy.

Thanks, JB

I’ll start working on it right away

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

I already have the Collaborator peen, but I’m also pretty good at semi-obsessively doing stuff like this. Is there any other reward on offer, or should I just help out anyway for the warm and fuzzy feeling?

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

I’ve started editing a bit.

Ger-Man

Avatar: 75072 2010-07-15 14:18:11 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Permanoob

WeChall sucks

I will try to contribute something.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

man-man Posted:

I already have the Collaborator peen, but I’m also pretty good at semi-obsessively doing stuff like this. Is there any other reward on offer, or should I just help out anyway for the warm and fuzzy feeling?

No other prizes explicitly offered, but I’m willing to consider any reasonable requests if you’ve got something in mind. (Note: A handjob from ET is not considered reasonable.)

Fran

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Should we ONLY restrict the references to internet references?

man-man

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

I’ll wait until I actually do something before I start demanding rewards for it… there’s about a 50/50 chance of me actually contributing, but if the coin comes up heads I’ll likely latch on and keep contributing until it’s done. The other 50% chance is that I’ll intend to contribute but never quite work up the motivation for it.

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

# FBO

* The Flaming Back Operatives are based on the GNAA, a widely known trolling organization. GNAA is known by creating Last Measure, one of the most known (and evil) browser hijacks out there.

Is it really true? I always thought FBO was somehow related to FBI.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

man-man Posted:

I’ll wait until I actually do something before I start demanding rewards for it… there’s about a 50/50 chance of me actually contributing, but if the coin comes up heads I’ll likely latch on and keep contributing until it’s done. The other 50% chance is that I’ll intend to contribute but never quite work up the motivation for it.

I like those odds.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

Fran Posted:

Should we ONLY restrict the references to internet references?

Actually, I don’t mind if they’re just pop-culture refs that might be somewhat obscure. We can always say they’re bound to be mentioned somewhere on the internet. Log in to see images!

Fran

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

quangntenemy Posted:

Is it really true? I always thought FBO was somehow related to FBI.

It’s true because they have almost the same joining process.

FBO goes like this:

Are you FLAMING?

Are you BLACK?

Are you A FLAMING BLACK?

And the GNAA (which stands for Gay fine upstanding member of society bumociation of America, btw) goes like this:

Are you GAY?

Are you a fine upstanding member of society?

Are you a GAY fine upstanding member of society?

And they also have pretty much the same objectives: having fun and wraking havoc, be it in pwning forums or creating browser hijacks.

Fran edited this message on 08/14/2009 12:50PM

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

Note: A handjob from ET is not considered reasonable.)

I was willing to help, but now I’m just meh…..

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Added descriptions for a few, don’t have the thread where Fingerz stated how 7VD was made, nor not 100% sure if the srtop it, and Franch Ginger is right.

http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view/12190

Could this be the thread where the term “monstrous homogay” was made?

CrinkzPipe edited this message on 08/14/2009 1:28PM

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

CrinkzPipe Posted:

Added descriptions for a few, don’t have the thread where Fingerz stated how 7VD was made, nor not 100% sure if the srtop it, and Franch Ginger is right.

The Spoilerpedia entry on 7VD is pretty good, although I remember reading about its origins on INCIT and can’t find it anywhere.

Lots of good evidence of its meme-ness online though:

http://www.daytondailynews.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/dayton/chickludwig/entries/2009/04/05/is_it_finally_time_for_bengals.html

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081217114157AAr0AQE

http://www.topix.com/forum/who/john-mccain/T9GCFVB0DBAMFBKEE

Lolz.

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

CrinkzPipe Posted:

Someone once mentioned (nicco?) that the coiner of the term “monstrous homogay” was Dr. Kraid, of TSB infamy. Apparently, after being banned, he returned and posted a thread in GD something like this:

Subject: An important consideration for the rules of Forumwarz.

Content: MC BANHAMMER IS A MONSTROUS HOMOGAY

and was subsequently banned (again).

man-man

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Just tried the (maybe over-obvious) tactic of searching for “monstrous homogay” and looking at the oldest result on Flamebate, which is here http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view/8602

Dr. Kraid, subject: my smileprin disappeared, content: MC BANHAMMER IS A MONSTROUS HOMOGAY

Followed by a banning.

Drakodan

Avatar: 57623 2010-05-29 20:03:09 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Surfing the Tubes

Just added a few contributions to the references, mostly the forums. I may have missed a few though, so keep your eyes peeled, people.

mterek

Avatar: 192622 2009-09-24 16:39:01 -0400

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Fran Posted:

It’s true because they have almost the same joining process.

FBO goes like this:

Are you FLAMING?

Are you BLACK?

Are you A FLAMING BLACK?

And the GNAA (which stands for Gay fine upstanding member of society bumociation of America, btw) goes like this:

Are you GAY?

Are you a fine upstanding member of society?

Are you a GAY fine upstanding member of society?

And they also have pretty much the same objectives: having fun and wraking havoc, be it in pwning forums or creating browser hijacks.

I haven’t played Episode 2, but I was always wondering if Ravit would ever get into the fansub business, since that’s apparently what happened to timecop when his original industry suffered some withdrawal.

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

Are you of the retardation? Thats not how 7VD started.

EDIT: Fear not sugar, Mama will make it better..

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!