Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Fun New Domination Card Suggestions

BINGEBOT 2015

Avatar: 38 2010-12-05 22:39:25 -0500

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

evilhamster Posted:

Right now, the cards cost more than their effect. I think some of these cards that affect more scoops than their cost can severly shift the balance towards klans winning every bracket they have more than one player in.

For example:

Every kid loves ice cream: Give X scoops to another player (Ex: Give 5 chosen scoops to some user)

Would be severely unbalanced- maybe better if it was 2. But that might still be too powerful.

Dy-no-mite!: Removes X scoops from chosen opponent, removes X – Y scoops from you (Ex: Remove 5 scoops from someone, lose 2 yourself)

Yeah the card costs and X and Y are just examples, nothing is defined yet.

MySpace Tom

Level 18 Camwhore

WeChall FOR LIFE

I think Slipstream would be abusable as a means of getting large #s of cards with a small # of scoops. Consider:

1. Player has 4 scoops, buys a Slipstream, then uses it.

2. Player has 10 scoops, buys one card (any kind) and a Slipstream, then uses it.

3. Player has 12 scoops, buys two cards and a Slipstream, then uses it.

4. Repeat 2 and 3 as necessary.

As long as the player keeps getting offered Slipstreams, it seems like they could repeat this pattern indefinitely, obtaining 1-2 extra cards each time. And since they’re cashing in two or three times at each step, they have that many chances to get another Slipstream.

The only obvious way I can think of to avoid the infinite loop problem would be to impose a hard cap on the # of times a player can use Slipstream, say once a week or once a day. Or prevent it from being offered more than once every 4+ card draws.

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

MySpace Tom Posted:

I think Slipstream would be abusable as a means of getting large #s of cards with a small # of scoops. Consider:

1. Player has 4 scoops, buys a Slipstream, then uses it.

2. Player has 10 scoops, buys one card (any kind) and a Slipstream, then uses it.

3. Player has 12 scoops, buys two cards and a Slipstream, then uses it.

4. Repeat 2 and 3 as necessary.

As long as the player keeps getting offered Slipstreams, it seems like they could repeat this pattern indefinitely, obtaining 1-2 extra cards each time. And since they’re cashing in two or three times at each step, they have that many chances to get another Slipstream.

The only obvious way I can think of to avoid the infinite loop problem would be to impose a hard cap on the # of times a player can use Slipstream, say once a week or once a day. Or prevent it from being offered more than once every 4+ card draws.

Good point. Although.. is it such a bad thing to have people in last in the standings with a ton of cards? Currently the leader in my bracket has something stupid like 50+ cards. Balance of power isn’t necessarily a bad thing. But yes, valid point.

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

The Other Other Hole Posted:

Maybe the user could choose a desired card to discard from the target user. If they have one it’s discarded, if they don’t, do nothing. Again, these aren’t written in stone yet. If we go with this perhaps Peek-a-boo-boo needs to actually steal the target users card instead of just destroy.

if you get to name a card and they discard one if they have it – then the card being played should def. be called “Go Fish”

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

Velveteen Posted:

if you get to name a card and they discard one if they have it – then the card being played should def. be called “Go Fish”

Agreed! Log in to see images!

evilhamster

[The Fondler of Bal-
lsacks
]

Level 34 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Good point. Although.. is it such a bad thing to have people in last in the standings with a ton of cards? Currently the leader in my bracket has something stupid like 50+ cards. Balance of power isn’t necessarily a bad thing. But yes, valid point.

But if they can get 50 cards on day 1 using this (and some luck) on top of the other ways they can tweak the domination rounds, then collect scoops the rest of the week— it would make them nearly untouchable.

And again- if they have klan-mates in the same group with 50 cards each nobody else would stand a chance.

WetSocket

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Go Fish – Draw one additional card type of your choosing next time you.

Ace in the Hole – Add one scoop of any flavor to your scoops. This card does not show up as a card in your hand.

Feelin’ Lucky – Remove X random scoops from your hand, Add Y scoops to your hand. EX: Remove 2-5 scoops, Add 3-7 scoops

male reproductive organ in a Box-

If this is the (n-2) time played this round then Effect A (1,4,7,10th time etc)

If this is the (n-1) time played this round then Effect B (2,5,8,11th time etc)

If this is the n time played this round then Effect C (3,6,9,12th time etc)

I’ll think up some more.

WetSocket edited this message on 04/15/2008 11:57AM

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Go Fish is an awesome name for that! Log in to see images!

As for the klan advantage cards, the more I think about it, the more I think those cards would be a good thing. It’s not like the advantage isn’t there if a klan is willing to work it. Large klans have an advantage, but with some of the new cards, as mentioned, solo players and members from other klans could band together to take someone down if they wanted. That could be very cool! Or, maybe I’m not a great person to weigh in on this, since I’d far prefer being able to bumhole half the board than ever take home a medal.

Not a new card suggestion, but something that could be truly helpful in shifting things in an interesting way? Limiting any scoop gaining improvement type cards to only being able to play a certain number per day. Limiting destruction cards has been suggested in the past, but really shields took care of that.

As is the last 30 minute modest improvement rush is cool, but fairly predictable. A hell of a lot of the “this is completely locked down and nothing can touch it” would be eliminated by simply making any improvement cards limited. Most objections to the new cards up for debate would also be eliminated by an improvement limit. Say 10 improvements can happen in the time from one rollover to the next. A limit like that could bring out a lot more strategy in play that we are currently seeing. Just a thought.

Or maybe the male reproductive organshot card will take care of things. Not sure though. It seems like it would be more effective to batter through shields and then try to bumhole than to prevent one of potentially 30 modest improvements.

(WetSocket, go back one page to see all the card suggestions TOOH posted as being real possibilities.)

WetSocket

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Yea I saw, I still think the mechanics could be complicated and have some sort of timer/etc related to it. For Example:

Case of the Mondays – This card adds 5 scoops on Monday only. After using this card you may not buy domination cards until after the end of the round. (Additional cards may still be played).

Things such as this that have a large bonus, but put you at high risk. I was looking for cards such as that, not simple -1 of yours -1 of person cards.

evilhamster

[The Fondler of Bal-
lsacks
]

Level 34 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

I just think a lot of those suggestions on the first page are overpowered compared to existing cards and should be scaled down/re-worked to be in line with them for effect.

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

evilhamster Posted:

I just think a lot of those suggestions on the first page are overpowered compared to existing cards and should be scaled down/re-worked to be in line with them for effect.

Yes, which is why we won’t be doing a lot of the suggestions on the first page. The suggestions on the previous page are a more defined list. I put them up here for discussion to see how they go over and what issues might exist that I might not have thought about. Also, to see if they spark any other “balanced” card ideas.

evilhamster

[The Fondler of Bal-
lsacks
]

Level 34 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

I meant previous page…

What I would like to see is a change in the bumhole card- you can choose to destroy 10 scoops at random from the scoop leader, the flavor leader or min scoops leader!

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

evilhamster Posted:

I meant previous page…

What I would like to see is a change in the bumhole card- you can choose to destroy 10 scoops at random from the scoop leader, the flavor leader or min scoops leader!

Yeah I’ve thought about that.. it’s not a bad idea.. bumhole card on the Min Scoops leader would almost be too powerful though..

JThizz

[Brainfreeze]

Level 24 Emo Kid

“Bleeding Heart”

Yeah I’ve thought about that.. it’s not a bad idea.. bumhole card on the Min Scoops leader would almost be too powerful though..

Would be a very bumholish thing to do, but what if it destroys less scoops (5 maybe) for Min Scoops leader?

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

From Dr. Science.

22. Sneaky Destructor: The Destroyer card will bypbum your target’s shields (it doesn’t take any shields away, it just hits the opponent even if a shield is up).

23. Pervert Power: Along with it’s normal effect, The Peeping Tom will also destroy a shield card if one is active.

24. For the Horde!: At “rollover”, the participating members in a Klan that got the most white scoops from a raid for the previous day get a bonus scoop for each flavor. A Klan can only win this once per Dom round.

25. Sniper: You can choose what scoops The Shotgun hits.

Thingysomeone

Level 27 Camwhore

I have worst ****ing ideas in the entire world!

Portable Hole-Target another player with this card. The next time they try to buy a Domination Card, they will fail.

Medusa Bust-Target another player with this card and select a flavor. They will become unable for that week to get that scoop type after you play the card. One player may not play this on the same player multiple times, though if multiple people play it on the same player it will take all effects.

Smiley montage-The targeted player will see smileys instead of numbers on the domination board for the week and thus will only be able to tell who’s winning and not how they or anyone else is doing.

Mispelings-The targeted player will be informed of random false scoop givings. For instance, they will pwn a forum very slowly and be told they got lemon scoops for it. They will not be informed of their real scoops until the end of the week, and will not be informed that it is wrong either.

Orb

Avatar: 33233 Tue Oct 21 12:46:08 -0400 2008

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Mirror, Mirror – A special Shield card. Upon picking it, you choose a specific kind of card to shield against. All other cards bypbum it, but when someone uses that specific chosen card it blocks it as a Shield and uses the same effect on whoever played the card. (If the opponent was trying to use a Thief to steal a Vanilla scoop, Mirror, Mirror takes one of HIS vanilla scoops and gives it to you. If he has no vanilla scoops, Mirror, Mirror does nothing more than shield.)

The kind of Mirror, Mirror you have can be seen with a Peeping Tom. Mirror, Mirror can be in play at the same time as a Shield, but will have first priority when it’s chosen card is played against it.

A few mirror cards were already mentioned, but this seems like a good way to balance the idea and make it less overpowered and more strategic.

Orb edited this message on 05/28/2008 8:59AM

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Some of these ideas are really cool, but I do hope they become more hybrid rather than 2 card combos. Having a card that will make The Destroyer sneak past a Shield is cool (and could clearly be vital in those 3 or 4 top pods where getting at one scoop can be the difference between a 5 way tie and one person taking it all), but for those outside of those pods paying 8 scoops to destroy 1 is going to seem fairly pointless.

I’d love to see different levels of Domination cards. These are your 4 scoop options, but you can choose one of these for 6 scoops and one of these for 8 scoops!

DrScience

Level 30 Emo Kid

I LUST AFTER FAT CHICKS ON THE INTERNET BECAUSE REAL GIRLS HATE ME

scullyangel Posted:

Some of these ideas are really cool, but I do hope they become more hybrid rather than 2 card combos. Having a card that will make The Destroyer sneak past a Shield is cool (and could clearly be vital in those 3 or 4 top pods where getting at one scoop can be the difference between a 5 way tie and one person taking it all), but for those outside of those pods paying 8 scoops to destroy 1 is going to seem fairly pointless.

Yeah. I originally had those ideas for dom themes (hence why Bingebot posted them like that), but, eh, after thinking about it, they do seem to work better as normal cards the then change the effect of the cards that you use. At least, the card related ideas.

Also: Probably a bit late for dis, but:

Sacrifice: After using the card, you choose a target to hit and one of your scoops that you want destroyed. The target then loses 3 scoops of the scoop type that you destroyed your scoop in (IE you chose to attack Person Awesome while destroying a blue scoop of your one, and then person Awesome loses three blue scoops).

The Piercer: It takes no scoops from the target, but if it hits a shield and the target has it set so that shields are to automatically be put up, it takes down two shields instead of one.

Invariel

Avatar: 14446 Thu Oct 23 18:38:00 -0400 2008

[Brainfreeze]

Level 36 Camwhore

I Wrote a Script and You Liked It

As I have posted on another thread, I think the cards we already have could use a bit of tweaking, to make them more worthwhile to spend four scoops on. Here’s my suggestion, as pulled from that other thread:

bumhole destroys twelve scoops as follows:
- six at random from the top player in the bracket
- three at random from each the second and third highest players in the bracket.

Destroyer destroys two chosen scoops from one player.

[new]Lotus Position generates three scoops of one flavour.

Modest Improvement generates two chosen scoops.

Peeping Tom lists all of one opponent's cards and lets you:
- steal one card at random
- break an active shield at random

Shield protects you from the card type of your choice:
- bumhole
- Destroyer
- Shotgun
- Thief

Shotgun destroys two random scoops from each of two players.

Switcheroo stays the same because it's cosmetic.

Thief steals from each of two players one scoop of a chosen flavour.

Quite simply, the thing to remember is that every card you buy costs you four scoops. The reward needs to be close to four scoops (and preferably less than four) to be anything resembling balanced, and most of the existing cards already do that.

Invariel edited this message on 06/01/2008 2:03PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!