Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Business The dollar fails

Moocowguychow

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Soon the dollar will be worth 3 pesos and we will have to stuff our clothes with them to keep warm at night. You guys have a survival kit prepared right? Is it still to late to get armed and build a bunker? How to get a loan for a bunker in the declining loans market? Any help appreciated.

male reproductive organ Diesel

[Short Bus Express]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Unfortunately, the dollar will probably not recover somewhat until next year. The current administration is using the weak dollar to prop up the economy. Like they have been for the last years.

male reproductive organ Diesel

[Short Bus Express]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Damn forum hiccup. Log in to see images! Cock Diesel edited this message on 03/19/2008 9:46AM

PollyAmorist

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Dude the Canadian dollar is doing better than the US dollar.

Opportunity

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Are we talking about the Canadian or American dollar?

Phlegmatic

[Pessimists]

Level 19 Troll

“Li'l Hellraiser”

we should have used the purestrain gold standardLog in to see images!

Bear

Avatar: 19845 2011-10-31 11:07:12 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

I will probably be dead before that happens.

Dante Kinkade

[The Flamers of Loa-
thing
]

Level 10 Emo Kid

TSB-positive

Great to be canadian now, though it took them about three weeks to get prices on stuff right here so we still where paying more for some stuff then should have. Made people want to go to the states to shop.

TheAlbatross

Level 24 Troll

“Dick in a Box”

Yea the dollar is basically worthless when our economy is down. That what happens when you back it with Gross Domestic Product. Idiots should have kept it on the gold standard. Once the Euro pbumes it, the Arab oil companies that are invested here are gone, and were ****ed. Why dont politicians talk about this issue?

finale

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Well, while a gold standard would be somewhat better in that particular instance it fails horribly due to its inflexibility under any other conditions. Also, there are a dozen other ways of alleviating the dollar, most of which involve improving other parts of the economy. I mean, there’s a reason why Log in to see images!)

Generally speaking, currency values should be viewed more as symptoms of other policies than reasons for policy in and of themselves.

TheAlbatross

Level 24 Troll

“Dick in a Box”

Well it doesnt help that were continuing to print money to cure inlation.

GRX Dragon

Level 7 Camwhore

“Training Broad”

You can’t eat your cake and have it too.

As much as the dollar is falling, it only affects importing and exporting. Inflation is occurring over fear that the oil prices are going to keep rising, but at the same time as our dollar affects imports and exports we’ll be soon have a different style of economy: instead of us importing everything we’ll be able to export just about anything at a lower cost and for a lower price-of which even China’s sweatshops couldn’t compete.

Why else do you think everything “made in China” has been so cheap for the last decade? They were able to artificially de-value their currency to the point that they could export products for a lower price at a lower cost. And now that the dollar is being degraded, we’ll soon be in China’s position when it comes to exports.

And so, the cycle will continue to occur until someone puts an end to it.

Of course, now that the housing market bubble has busted open, foreigners will inevitably start investing in real estate here at home and start paying all sorts of taxes that we pay.

TLDR version: The economy must have its ups and downs, and Roosevelt was an idiot for interfering.

TheAlbatross

Level 24 Troll

“Dick in a Box”

Well as long as the dollar comes back up, im good.

Loosey-Lou

[Just Chicks]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

GRX Dragon Posted:

TLDR version: The economy must have its ups and downs, and Roosevelt was an idiot for interfering.

First rule of economics: Never take financial advice from a camwhore.

Second rule of economics: Never take financial advice from a camwhore.

Signed,

Loosey-Lou, the Camwhore

TheAlbatross

Level 24 Troll

“Dick in a Box”

No FDR and the new deal was horible. It doesnt take a camwhore to realize that.

finale

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

...explain how they were horrible. Start by explaining how the interstate highway system was a bad thing, then explain how financial stimulus made the Great Depression worse. -5 points every time you use an argument endorsed by Log in to see images!

evilhamster

[The Fondler of Bal-
lsacks
]

Level 34 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Well if inflation means my mortgage payment effectively going down, then bring it on! All I know is an annual 3% raise with medical insurance deductions going up more than my raise means I’m making less now than I was 4 years ago.

BLACKPECKER

Level 10 Troll

Serial Lincoln-Rapist

You should’ve invested in gold. You may have a chance, gold prices are overdue for a correction.

GRX Dragon

Level 7 Camwhore

“Training Broad”

finale Posted:

...explain how they were horrible. Start by explaining how the interstate highway system was a bad thing, then explain how financial stimulus made the Great Depression worse. -5 points every time you use an argument endorsed by Log in to see images!

Because now that FDR interfered, people are too used to the government interfering when the “great depression” was nothing more than another economic cycle.

finale

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

...so if I understand correctly, GRX, you’re espousing extreme Laissez-faire economics? As in, “people who were unemployed during the Great Depression should not have been helped” economics? As in Adam Smith and Rockefeller and “I drink your Milkshake”?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!