Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Writing ForumBuildr Forum ideas that people want to see.

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

There’s a lot of repetitive sex Forums and complaint about lackluster Forum ideas being thrown out in Forumbuildr, so what would you guys rather see? I’ve had a lot of ideas which get shot down pretty fast but maybe I just can’t write good descriptions for them (perhaps Bashy can steal a few and do betterLog in to see images!) but if anyone else has any they’d like to see, let’s give people something to work with.

Personally I’d like to see Forums about

The Weather – Weather sites get mbumive traffic and it would be people complaining, talking about trips or being slightly sad about a terrible earthquake or natural disaster in some 3rd world country.

Kids – Yeah we have l’il Pony Groomers, but that’s ALL about Ponies, I’m talking kids gabbing about recess, fingerpainting, cooties and playgrounds. Might be a bit more fun to write for for a change, something innocent and innocuous.

Gambling – Huge internet fad, especially online poker. Why no parody of this? Lottery people are especially crazy. up here in Canada they spend their pension on lotto tickets while complaining that the game is rigged so the winners are ALWAYS on the East coast (yeah they have 75% of the winners, they buy 75% of the tickets you morons! And if it’s rigged why do you keep playing?)

Fansites – Obsessive fansite for some random celebrity, either real or parody, or some band. Crazy fan An Heroes, love letters and poetry, psychotic devotion. All good times.

Anyone else have any ideas for missing niches that they can’t quite seem to get to win?

- Epeen for those who have achieved the coveted -7 Buildr rank

oops, misunderstood thread title

1337xxxxxxxxxlolololololololololxxxxxxxxx1337 edited this message on 08/10/2009 10:58AM

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

Oh, youthful optimism. How I wish I shared it!

Ever since buildr began, people have complained about the seemingly endless stream of very similar ideas that win. Simple fact is, some things are more eye-catching then others. Buildr is a democratic system. Until it’s not, sex and internet topical humor are going to carry the day, with the occasional bit of religion thrown in here and there.

Dunatis

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

Fortunato Posted:

Oh, youthful optimism. How I wish I shared it!

Ever since buildr began, people have complained about the seemingly endless stream of very similar ideas that win. Simple fact is, some things are more eye-catching then others. Buildr is a democratic system. Until it’s not, sex and internet topical humor are going to carry the day, with the occasional bit of religion thrown in here and there.

There’s a reason I believe in either the Philosopher King a la Plato or an Elitist version of Democracy where only a select few get to vote (namely those who know about what’s going on in what they’re voting on, so in real world politics I sure as hell wouldn’t get a vote Log in to see images!) But if we can get those same complainers to tell us what they would like to see and let them know that there is stuff to vote on other than sex and topical humor, one should easily enough be able to affect the voting system.

Someone who wins a majority popularity contests such as yourself could probably affect the votes easily enough Log in to see images!

mterek

Avatar: 192622 2009-09-24 16:39:01 -0400

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Those complainers aren’t going to be very helpful. They don’t even know what they want, but they can fairly easily recognize what they don’t want.

The future of Forumbuildr in my mind are non internet mainstream forums, niche communities devoted to and themed around a certain subject. Problem is, often people hate the exclusivity of inside jokes saturating niche communities enough to have zero tolerance for allowing that kind of thing to exist.

It’s like someone getting kicked out of SomethingAwful, then you offering the person who was just ostracized the power to permanently put down the entire forum. Chances are, that person would rather see SA go down in flames rather than permit it exist without he/she as part of the community.

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

- Wrestling

– Sitcoms

– Sports

– Food

The Forumbuildr word types for those ideas are already there.

Dunatis

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

You’re right Aldo, I forgot sports. Time to put out some more ideas to get -5 on.

Sarcasm Inc

Avatar: 124937 2010-01-24 16:34:47 -0500

[pizza party]

Level 69 Hacker

Not needed anymore now that we have the SarcMark

Dunatis Posted:

You’re right Aldo, I forgot sports. Time to put out some more ideas to get -5 on.

Why not? I do it every week.

Big Brother

Avatar: 45759 Fri Oct 17 23:44:23 -0400 2008

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

The kids one wouldn’t work simply because the ForumBuildr community is uninnocent enough that all the gags would be kids knowing about sex/pedophile attacks, making “innocent gags” not exist.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!