Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
News The White House wants us to report other citizens who talk poorly of his Health Care reform.

bfdd

Avatar: 108618 Thu Jul 30 19:08:32 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

http://brain-terminal.com/posts/2009/08/05/white-house-asks-citizens-to-report-fishy-speech-is-it-legal

Not exactly sure how I feel about this, but China seems like it just moved up the list of places I’d like to live.

Pavilion

Avatar: 74903 2011-07-31 00:19:12 -0400

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

Black propaganda is dirty but effective.

bfdd

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Pavilion Posted:

Black propaganda is dirty but effective.

are you saying I’m, spreading bull**** propaganda? Maybe you should check his source, it’s the White Houses website ffs asking you to report other citizens who spread “misinformation”

Skyman747

Avatar: 115546 2015-08-12 18:58:09 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

DIRTY ****ING fine upstanding member of society woman's genitals

WhiteHouse Posted:

If you get an email or see something on the web about health insurance reform that seems fishy, send it to flag@whitehouse.gov.

They are saying that if you see websites/Chain Letters spewing nonsense about the Health Care just so you will go against it, tell them about it. Don’t see what is so bad about this. Just look at this “birther” movement. The same people who follow that are the people who will look at a website and say “It’s on the internet, it must be true!”

Skyman747 edited this message on 08/07/2009 5:24PM

Pavilion

Avatar: 74903 2011-07-31 00:19:12 -0400

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

bfdd Posted:

are you saying I’m, spreading bull**** propaganda? Maybe you should check his source, it’s the White Houses website ffs asking you to report other citizens who spread “misinformation”

I meant that as black propaganda. Unless you want me to label his post as black propaganda…

Pavilion edited this message on 08/07/2009 5:36PM

bfdd

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Pavilion Posted:

I meant that as black propaganda. Unless you want me to label his post as black propaganda…

ah ok, my misunderstanding then.

bfdd

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Skyman747 Posted:

They are saying that if you see websites/Chain Letters spewing nonsense about the Health Care just so you will go against it, tell them about it. Don’t see what is so bad about this. Just look at this “birther” movement. The same people who follow that are the people who will look at a website and say “It’s on the internet, it must be true!”

So they want you to report people who spread nonsense to the WHITE HOUSE. Did you not even read the article I posted? What they are doing breaks the law. Not to mention keeping tabs on citizens screams ****ing Mao or Stalin.

Also, what constitutes misinformation? Does me saying it’s going to cost trillions of dollars and I think it would lower the quality of health care, not to mention allow the government to ration health care because the funds aren’t there misinformation? How is that misinformation?

bfdd edited this message on 08/07/2009 6:06PM

Cheins Sanch-
ez

Avatar: 64305 2015-06-13 02:49:05 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 36 Troll

Rex Sacrorum

bfdd Posted:

What do you want out of a government, and what do you think should be done to get it?

bfdd

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Cheins Sanchez Posted:

What do you want out of a government, and what do you think should be done to get it?

? What does that have to do with this thread? Obviously I’m against them wanting citizens to snitch on other citizens for what they could possibly constitute “misinformation.” Lets not forget they said absolutely nothing about what they’d do with the names and/or email addresses of people reported for this. That leave some scary possibilities of the consequences of speaking out against their Health Care Reform policies.

Skyman747

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

bfdd Posted:

Also, what constitutes misinformation? Does me saying it’s going to cost trillions of dollars and I think it would lower the quality of health care, not to mention allow the government to ration health care because the funds aren’t there misinformation? How is that misinformation?

Did you read the source article? This video that they embedded on Whitehouse.gov explains what they constitute misinformation.

bfdd

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Skyman747 Posted:

Did you read the source article? This video that they embedded on Whitehouse.gov explains what they constitute misinformation.

Obviously you need to rewatch that. Anything that is disagreeable is possibly misinformation. They use the example, “If you have insurance you like, you can keep it”(bastardized because I don’t remember the right quote), he’s said that he is going to require a MINIMUM level of health coverage and if you can’t have less than that, even if your current plan is less than that right now. So by stating that am I spreading misinformation? They say it’ll cost $1 trillion over a decade, is it misinformation if I think that’s wrong and state so and try to get others to see that also? That it’ll probably cost trillions more which MANY people already believe. Or what about the fact that to do everything he wants to accomplish he would have to raise taxes not just on people who make 200k or more to get enough funding for it.

Also, this has nothing to do with what my ideals are or aren’t and has everything to do with The White House asking you to REPORT CITIZENS FOR SPREADING “MISINFORMATION”. They want you to give peoples names and what they said for whatever reason they chose to withhold. Are you ****ing kidding me? You are actually ok with this? So now people have to watch what they say because it could eventually end up in the hands of someone in Washington DC?

bfdd edited this message on 08/07/2009 6:30PM

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

I think this thread is trollbait and belongs in rp.

Father Time

Avatar: 186278 Sat Jun 27 12:24:44 -0400 2009

[Year Zero]

Level 7 Emo Kid

“Scene Kid”

Fortunato Posted:

I think this thread is trollbait and belongs in rp.

Not really. I think this has been civil enough. Most people just don’t like religion or politics being discussed from two different angles and cry “troll” when the sparks begin to fly and actual points are being made.

As for what is happening here, it is perfectly legal. The intent is what makes this tricky. Why are the names given?

Ricket

Avatar: 4300 2011-11-01 00:56:47 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

Good poster, upvoted. Also loves juicy balls (no homo).

I suppose instead of asking citizens to report misinformation, they should just setup warrantless wiretaps on folks.

bfdd

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Father Time Posted:

Not really. I think this has been civil enough. Most people just don’t like religion or politics being discussed from two different angles and cry “troll” when the sparks begin to fly and actual points are being made.

As for what is happening here, it is perfectly legal. The intent is what makes this tricky. Why are the names given?

5 US Code §552a(e)(7) commands that any Federal agency

“(7) maintain no record describing how any individual exercises rights guaranteed by the First Amendment unless expressly authorized by statute or by the individual about whom the record is maintained or unless pertinent to and within the scope of an authorized law enforcement activity;”

Not really legal… Unless they plan on going after people for libel and slander. If they choose that route then George W Bush better start filing lawsuits against 80% of the population of the USA.

Skyman747

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Ricket Posted:

I suppose instead of asking citizens to report misinformation, they should just setup warrantless wiretaps on folks.

The article doesn’t say to report people, it just says that word of mouth is one way rumors can spread. It says to report websites and chainmail, places were you will find people twisting words and preaching there ideas.

bfdd

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Skyman747 Posted:

The article doesn’t say to report people, it just says that word of mouth is one way rumors can spread. It says to report websites and chainmail, places were you will find people twisting words and preaching there ideas.

So report websites because websites aren’t ran by people and chainmails definitely aren’t written by people. So just report the “substance?” Lol that’s not what they want. They want you to forward chain mails to them or report sites to them. They can see who is sending around or writing these chain mails and they can definitely find out who is running a website. You’re being pretty dense. Not to mention they even say “casual conversation” so your friends or coworkers. So you’re going to just send “Someone told me this” no you’re going to say “My friend John said this”

Xylon

Avatar: 76994 2010-01-16 02:54:34 -0500

[Kappa Kappa Kappa]

Level 35 Hacker

Posting personal information is fun. Everyone should try it at least once.

Seems like the Gregorian calendar is wrong, next year is obviously going to be 1984.

All I can really say about the entire socialized health care plan is that you guys voted the most radical of the left wing democrats in last election. You have no one to blame but yourself.

bfdd

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Xylon Posted:

Seems like the Gregorian calendar is wrong, next year is obviously going to be 1984.

All I can really say about the entire socialized health care plan is that you guys voted the most radical of the left wing democrats in last election. You have no one to blame but yourself.

Not I. I voted “Zombie Thomas Jefferson.”

Ricket

Avatar: 4300 2011-11-01 00:56:47 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

Good poster, upvoted. Also loves juicy balls (no homo).

bfdd, if you were say, trying to correct all the rumours regarding health care that “travel just below the surface via chain emails or through casual conversation” how would you do it?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!