Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
News R.I.P. John Hughes

Vageena Davis

Avatar: 151797 2010-01-24 16:34:00 -0500

[pizza party]

Level 69 Camwhore

I am easily offended. I also suck fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs.

The brilliant writer, director and producer behind movies such as the Home Alone, Vacation and Beethoven series and 80s clbumics like Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, Pretty in Pink, and Ferris Bueller’s Day Off died on August 6th of a heart attack. In way one or another he entertained everyone who grew up in the 80s and 90s. He will be missed.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

No more from him?

Breakfast Club is still one of my favorite movies. Damn.

Skyman747

Avatar: 115546 2015-08-12 18:58:09 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

DIRTY ****ING fine upstanding member of society woman's genitals

Vageena Davis Posted:

The brilliant writer, director and producer behind movies such as the Home Alone, Vacation and Beethoven series and 80s clbumics like Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, Pretty in Pink, and Ferris Bueller’s Day Off died on August 6th of a heart attack. In way one or another he entertained everyone who grew up in the 80s and 90s. He will be missed.

Ferris Buellers Day Off continues to be one of my favorite movies of all time. Good Night, sweet prince.

Vageena Davis

Avatar: 151797 2010-01-24 16:34:00 -0500

[pizza party]

Level 69 Camwhore

I am easily offended. I also suck fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs.

I meant to post his IMDB page. He was involved in one way or another in almost every movie from the 80s that I loved.

Cheins Sanch-
ez

Avatar: 64305 2015-06-13 02:49:05 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 36 Troll

Rex Sacrorum

All of the movies you listed I hated and never watched again. Except for the Breakfast club. I despised that one.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

It was really disappointing to see that he died. Ferris Bueller’s Day off is one of my favorite movies of all time.

Evil Trout edited this message on 08/07/2009 3:26PM

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

Grabbing Home Alone 1-4 right now, because I will even sit through terrible sequels for John Hughes.

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

And yes, I know he didn’t write 4. But I will always be cool with losing more respect for French Stewart and Erick Avari.

dobnits

Avatar: 58842 2010-01-24 16:19:10 -0500

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

THE LEGENDARY PINK DOBS

Why would you have respect for French Stewart to begin with?

He’s the poor studios equivalent to…everybody!

I’ve never even seen the guy outside of particularly atrocious direct to Video/DVD Sequels

That said, I’m going to miss John Hughes. Having grown up in Illinois suburbs of which his claims to fame are, its pretty much the only thing I take pride in my home area on.

At least his career didnt end as low as Bob Clark (Of a Christmas Story fame)

His last film before his untimely death was Baby Geniuses 2.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!