Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
PC Games C&C Red Alert 3

HOCKEY_DOGG

Level 16 Troll

“Inflammatory Agent ”

Anyone looking foward to the new RA game?

EDIT: I am, but only if they make the composer good (better, but rarer yet, Frank Klepacki) Damn EA!

HOCKEY_DOGG edited this message on 03/20/2008 8:06AM

Corion

Level 32 Emo Kid

I lost at domination?! How could this happen to me?

Only if they tie it back into the C&C storyline…

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO KANE?! HE WAS IN RED ALERT 1!!!

Also, they’ll have to explain the mind-controlled bears, or rather their absence in C&C1 (along with all of the other psychic ****).

IWILL****ONY-
OU

[EPICLULS]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

I AM LOOOOKIN 4WRD 2 DIS!!!!1

General Roma-
nov

Level 10 Camwhore

I am but a slave of the Sovjet Union

HOCKEY_DOGG Posted:

Anyone looking foward to the new RA game?

EDIT: I am, but only if they make the composer good (better, but rarer yet, Frank Klepacki) Damn EA!

mm…. I don’t now if I’m going to like it, I loved 2 and yurí revenge, but the rest kinda sucked. Nobody tops Frank Klepacki!Log in to see images!

Corion

Level 32 Emo Kid

I lost at domination?! How could this happen to me?

General Romanov Posted:

mm…. I don’t now if I’m going to like it, I loved 2 and yurí revenge, but the rest kinda sucked. Nobody tops Frank Klepacki!Log in to see images!

They should have made Red Alert 2 a different series, since I like the others and think RA2 “kinda sucked” as well as looked “kinda cartoony” compared to the originals. The originals were mainly for hardcore RTS fans, but I dunno what crowd they were aiming at with RA2 – nearly everyone I’ve met who likes it either hasn’t played the originals or aren’t fans.

RA2 & RA3 are more like comic book versions of C&C. Supervillains with mind control trying to take over the world as opposed to militant factions?

RA2 had a lot more units/items that were like “That makes no sense whatsoever, but why the hell not?” Like tank bunkers, infantry grinders, mind-controlled animals, slow-moving yet somehow armored (and still flying!) blimps.

But I still think what bothers me the most is that it fails to tie in to any of the C&C games (including RA1).

EDIT: You probably will like RA3. Hardcore C&C fans have C&C3 to play (and maybe Generals 2 in the future).

Corion edited this message on 03/27/2008 1:45PM

General Roma-
nov

Level 10 Camwhore

I am but a slave of the Sovjet Union

Corion Posted:

They should have made Red Alert 2 a different series, since I like the others and think RA2 “kinda sucked” as well as looked “kinda cartoony” compared to the originals. The originals were mainly for hardcore RTS fans, but I dunno what crowd they were aiming at with RA2 – nearly everyone I’ve met who likes it either hasn’t played the originals or aren’t fans.

RA2 & RA3 are more like comic book versions of C&C. Supervillains with mind control trying to take over the world as opposed to militant factions?

RA2 had a lot more units/items that were like “That makes no sense whatsoever, but why the hell not?” Like tank bunkers, infantry grinders, mind-controlled animals, slow-moving yet somehow armored (and still flying!) blimps.

But I still think what bothers me the most is that it fails to tie in to any of the C&C games (including RA1).

EDIT: You probably will like RA3. Hardcore C&C fans have C&C3 to play (and maybe Generals 2 in the future).

That’s what made RA2 fun, not the same thing over and over again, it was full of creativity and Generals was full of…. the same stuff, some nice things, but exactly what you would expect, and almost no storyline. And since most of the Command & Conquer fan think RA2 is the best in the series I think that people agree with me. Generals was way too slow and had (almost) no cutscenes. C&C3 is nice, still play it a lot but I still think RA2 is way better.

HOCKEY_DOGG

Level 16 Troll

“Inflammatory Agent ”

Yeah, RA2 was like out of a sci-fi movie but still retained realisim via cutscenes and the like. Generals was real from the start, almost too real. It was sooo slow. I mean, the tanks were like drunk compared to RA2 and it takes forever to capture a building. Even the music reflected this. Sure. you can speed up the game, but after a while, it hangs Log in to see images! , and the whole Generals almost felt like Warcraft to me when I started playing. And the story…wait, what story? The dull terrorist-ish one? Screw that, I’d watch an investigation of 9/11 on National Geographic instead.

Now about RA3, There are 2 questions in my head: “How good is the music?” and “Have they returned the sidebar?”

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!