Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Art IRON DESIGNER: Flamebate Topic Icon Contest for E-Peen, BP and Glory!

”Every good painter paints what he is.”

—Jackson Pollock

Today, a man’s fantasy has became reality in a forum never seen before: Designers’ Stadium: a giant designing arena.

The motivation for spending his fortune to create Designers’ Stadium is to encounter new original designs, which could be called true artistic creations.

Allez design!

To realize his dream, he has started chasing the top designers of various styles of image-making. And he will raise a glbum and name the greatest one of them the Iron Designer: the invincible person of artistic skills.

If memory serves me right, topic icons date back to the Web 1.0 period. Topic icons are used to label forum threads according to the thread’s intended subject or to make them more interesting and colorful. In the artistic harmony between image and word, topic icons have become an essential part of forum design. At the size of 60x15 pixels, a topic icon is indeed small. But do not mistake their small size for unimportance. Indeed, they are the amuse bouche of forum imagery. They whet your appetite and ready your eyes for what you will encounter within each and every thread.

I love topic icons and I think it is about time we had a topic icon battle.

One of my extremely famous Japanese actor friends recommended that I select my challengers, and ultimately my Iron Designer, from the citizens of Forumwarz. Having covertly studied them from the safety of my hidden estate, I agree that some of them have promise as designers. But who will step forward? Who will battle for the ultimate title of …

If you have the strength to fulfill my challenge and battle your fellow posters for this title, reveal your intentions here, in this thread, by Friday, August 7th at 2pm EST.

On Monday, August 10th, I will open Battle Topic Icon for those worthy participants. Each individual poster is limited to three submissions. You do not have to use all three submissions. Sometimes it is better to create a single masterpiece than make many mediocre attempts. Round One will close on Friday, August 14th at 2pm EST and the top challengers will proceed to the next round and will have another week to create up to three new topic icons for battle. The number of rounds depends on the number of participants and the quality of entries.

In this new thread, each poster will make one post per submission. You will be allowed to explain briefly in that post why you think your image is superior. However, be warned that art that requires explanation is often not very good. Do not annoy or bore your Chairman or the judges. They will be merciless.

Who will be your judges? I, your Chairman, will judge your entries, but they will also be judged by the Jalapeno Bootyhole, the Apprentices, and by your fellow posters in this forum. They will be encouraged to reward you by upvoting your entries or show their disdain by downvoting your entries. Additionally, a few of my usual judges will be making special appearances.

Yes, hello. I will especially enjoy judging your attempts at artistry. This will prove most…interesting.

Hee hee! I’m so excited! It sounds like so much fun already!

I was told there would be sake. I do not want to have to call my manager.

I predict that some of the participants will do well and others will do…poorly. Yes, that’s right. That is my prediction.

Now that you have met my judges, you may be wondering about prizes. In addition to the title of Iron Designer, the ultimate winner will receive a unique E-Peen and five Brownie Points. Second place will receive three Brownie Points and third place will receive one Brownie Point. All non-first place entries chosen for use in Flamebate will receive the Design Guyz! E-Peen. You are allowed one entry participant per account. And now, let me hear from you, designers. Who will step up to this challenge?

ETA: The contest has begun!

Iron Designer edited this message on 08/10/2009 1:52AM

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

I’m the Jalapeno and I approve of this contest.

Allez design!

Xylon

Avatar: 76994 2010-01-16 02:54:34 -0500

[Kappa Kappa Kappa]

Level 35 Hacker

Posting personal information is fun. Everyone should try it at least once.

Could we get a recognized moderator or CZ staff member to verify this please?

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

Xylon Posted:

Could we get a recognized moderator or CZ staff member to verify this please?

Awkward…

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

badbum. If I had some skill I would enter. Also, why not award design guyz to anyone else who gets their design used if they don’t already have it?

Chawin

Avatar: 146808 2012-12-30 22:05:41 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

It basically describes most threads nowadays

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Chawin Posted:

It basically describes most threads nowadays

haha

Petition to allow mods to change topic icons.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

Fortunato Posted:

badbum. If I had some skill I would enter. Also, why not award design guyz to anyone else who gets their design used if they don’t already have it?

If your design gets used in Flamebate, you get Design Guyz. Brilliant idea!

However, the winner should not receive both Peen. That might be overkill. They should have no trouble achieving that goal in a future forum build if they’re that good.

I will have a moderator include that clause in the OP!

Chawin

Avatar: 146808 2012-12-30 22:05:41 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

MC Banhammer Posted:

haha

Petition to allow mods to change topic icons.

I’m not sure on the border give me some time

Skyman747

Avatar: 115546 2015-08-12 18:58:09 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

DIRTY ****ING fine upstanding member of society woman's genitals

So we start submitting on the 10th in a new thread? Better fire up photoshop.

Skyman747 Posted:

So we start submitting on the 10th in a new thread? Better fire up photoshop.

Indeed. I will make a new thread on August 10th. I will see you in the arena!

Kilroy

Avatar: 62524 Fri Dec 26 00:25:59 -0500 2008

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

I am so doing this.*fires up MSPaint and GIMP*

Good lord, 60x15 is small.

Kilroy edited this message on 08/05/2009 12:49PM

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

Kilroy Posted:

I am so doing this.*fires up MSPaint and GIMP*

Good lord, 60x15 is small.

not as small as making standard size emotes, that was rather difficult Log in to see images!

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

I’m very aware this is offtopic but RP contest openers make long post and confusing contest rules.

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

ChilePepino Posted:

I’m very aware this is offtopic but RP contest openers make long post and confusing contest rules.

what’s confusing?

express your intention to play in this thread by friday. on monday, a new thread will open for submissions from those that are participating. max of three entries – dimensions are bolded in OP. first round ends friday the 14th. after that, depending on number of people and skill, there will be more rounds to narrow it down to the winner.

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

spacekadt Posted:

what’s confusing?

express your intention to play in this thread by friday. on monday, a new thread will open for submissions from those that are participating. max of three entries – dimensions are bolded in OP. first round ends friday the 14th. after that, depending on number of people and skill, there will be more rounds to narrow it down to the winner.

I’m deeply sorry.

But why? He’s saying all that is weird and unnecessary. This was my intent:

1. Community votes out current thread tags we do not want

2. Community contributes thread tags, openly, without stating intent (why?) or having “rounds” (again, why?)

3. Community votes on the tags they like

4. Those tags are used. 1 bp per tag used, plus 1 peen to each person whose tag was used

Those are simple and understandable. Note the “why’s” in number 2. Why does only one person need to win the special epeen? What if we’re not sure whether we’ll think of anything good, so we don’t want to say we intend to participate if we’re not sure we will?

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

1337xxxxxxxxxlolololololololololxxxxxxxxx1337 Posted:

Those are simple and understandable. Note the “why’s” in number 2. Why does only one person need to win the special epeen? What if we’re not sure whether we’ll think of anything good, so we don’t want to say we intend to participate if we’re not sure we will?

this got me caught up as well, I mean I was just going to bumume that if I wanted to I could show up in the next thread and show off my ****, but I don’t want to be bound to have to do it.
ChilePepino Posted:

I’m deeply sorry.

ily

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

1337xxxxxxxxxlolololololololololxxxxxxxxx1337 Posted:

But why? He’s saying all that is weird and unnecessary. This was my intent:

1. Community votes out current thread tags we do not want

2. Community contributes thread tags, openly, without stating intent (why?) or having “rounds” (again, why?)

3. Community votes on the tags they like

4. Those tags are used. 1 bp per tag used, plus 1 peen to each person whose tag was used

the point of this particular contest is to find the *best* tag. in the meantime, I’m sure we’ll find a crapload of good ones that will get used. each person who submits a tag that gets used *will* get a peen. the best one gets a unique peen.

as to the why – simply put, it’s because that’s how JB and the apprentices involved decided to do it. *shrug* if you think there’s even a chance you’d want to play, I’d suggest saying you want to play

The problem: There’s a good chance you can go to the trouble of making tags, several of them could be used, but you don’t “win” or get 2nd or 3rd place, and you already have the design epeen. I actually think a lot of the participants would already have that peen, and it would be very likely that a lot of participants would get absolutely nothing in the end.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!