Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Feature Ideas for KVK and PVP Domination

Corion

Level 32 Emo Kid

I lost at domination?! How could this happen to me?

I’ve compiled a list of the posts that I could find that people have made on this topic. I’ve listed them in chronological order. Please let me know via Tubmail if you find a post on another thread that should be quoted here. (Please don’t post about it in the thread, it would just add clutter.)

Virtual_Eyes Posted:

I’m personally very excited about the proposed idea of multi-klan domination brackets. It’s especially cool now since it would eliminate the “broken” effect of Klans that can organize vanilla scoop raids crushing single players trying to make it in Domination. Personally, despite the fact that I run one of these said klans, it’s disheartening to see people complain that they don’t have a chance anymore.

...it would be a shame to see our organization go to waste if the klanwide vanilla system is nixed entirely. Likewise, playing on an individual level is going to suck when you have two or three klans warring over Max Scoops and Fave Flava.

Source

Acid Flux Posted:

Ideally, I’d rather see Klan level Domination Warz that were separate from the Individual level Domination Rounds.

Source

Corion Posted:

Domination needs to be split up as Klan-Vs-Klan and player-vs-player. You shouldn’t be able to get scoops for something someone else did in PVP.

Source

Virtual_Eyes Posted:

I support splitting Domination into Klan and Single-Player sections.

Source

Hulyen Posted:

I agree with that part, too!

Source

doug05257 Posted:

I’ll repeat a popular suggestion here:

Separate Domination brackets for Klans and individual players. Either not count the Klan-acquired Vanilla scoops in the individual bracket and keep things otherwise how they are, or alternatively, change it so that there are one or two Klan brackets which contains all of the clans in the game. Klans would have to work together to get an entirely new set of flavored scoops.

Source

scullyangel Posted:

– My favorite option would simply be to allow players to choose whether they wanted to play Domination solo or in klan. Click a bumon on your profile and poof it is done. Changing your mind could cost a Brownie point and any change would take place at the start of the next round of Domination. Solo players could still be in a klan, but would not need to play Domination with the klan. (I would personally love this, since I’m really not hugely interested in working out how to manage five way ties.)

Source

Hooper_X Posted:

I don’t really care how it gets fixed, but I’m against the idea that there’s “klan” and “no klan” Domination brackets, insofar as I’m part of a clan, but it’s not a competitive one, more of just “here are some jerks who post on a particular site.” Of course, that adds another wrinkle of “competitive” and “noncompetitive” clans, but I figure the admin are smart enough to figure something out.

Source

Acid Flux Posted:

The idea I submitted for separating Domination into Klan & Personal didn’t meant that a Klan had to choose whether they were Competing or Non-Competing, but simply that each flavor of scoop could be acquire either through Personal Efforts or Klan Efforts, and that the Personal Scoops counted for the Domination rounds that we are currently familiar with, and the Klan Scoops (Or Klan Skoops) would count for the Klan-Level Domination. In Klan Domination, entire Klans compete against each other. FoL versus SotQR versus FF versus Facepunch. In this situation, for example, the Vanilla Rush only adds to the Klan Dom round, not the individual player. The Klan Admin is in charge of how to use the Skoops and decides which type of trophy to go after, or when to buy Dom Cards, etc. Individual players could still earn Personal Scoops if they contribute to their Klan, but there would be a cap on that so it wouldn’t unbalance regular Dom Rounds.

Each of the other flavors that currently only generates personal scoops could be modified so that there would be a way to add scoops to the Klan total. For example, if a player gets at least 1 Lemon Scoop for 4 consecutive forum visits, then his Klan gets 3 Lemon Skoops. If he does 8 in a row, his Klan gets another 3 Lemon Skoops, and so on. Or something to that effect. Perhaps if Klan members speedrun forums in a row, say, the last 15 forum visits by a single Klan all earned Lemon Scoops, then the Klan earns a certain number of Lemon Skoops.

The basis of the idea is there, and I think by separating Personal Scoops & Klan Skoops, this would solve a lot of issues. It also allows for more dynamics on both levels. If an individual player is losing badly on their Personal Domination, they can shift focus and try to help the Klan. Perhaps the Admins of winning Klans can grant certain awards to top performers, sort of a loyalty bonus.

I think this opens a better way to structure the Domination part of the game.

Source

Corion edited this message on 03/19/2008 6:12PM

Corion

Level 32 Emo Kid

Yeah, I think the idea of Klan and Non-Klan domination doesn’t imply that if you’re in a Klan you don’t get to participate in individual domination. It’s just that the only way you could earn scoops in the individual competition is through individual effort.

The Klan domination could be a Klan-VS-Klan domination by taking the MAX, MIN, and/or AVG of the Klan members’ Klan scoops (which would include individually earned scoops as well). Or, it could be a Klan-VS-Klan domination where individuals are nonexistent, and the only entities in the competition are the totals for the clans themselves (which, unfortunately wouldn’t work so well with uncapped clan sizes).

Medals could be awarded based on the MIN of all flavors for all players – i.e. if everyone in the Klan has at least 1 chocolate scoop, they would win over a clan in which someone didn’t have a chocolate scoop? There’s an opportunity here for more than a mere 3 medals. Medals from Klan domination should be a different color than individual domination, and be awarded to all members of that Klan as well as showing on the Klan’s profile page.

It would also be interesting to think about how the domination cards would work in Klan-Vs-Klan. Could you use the thief card on Teammates? Could you give cards to Klanmates? Use Modest Improvement or Switcheroo on Teammates? Would bumhole target the top Klan in its entirety, or would it just pick one of the top players to attack? Would you get to target a specific clan to use bumhole on? I think the amount of strategy involved in winning this type of game would be quite fun as there are a lot more variables to worry about.

If separate Domination brackets (is this the right word? KVK and PVP) are created, Domination card purchases should only be valid in and subtract scoops from one of the two brackets. Card usage should only effect the bracket they’re used in. This would mean that scoop gain via normal (read: non-Domination Card related) activities should add scoops to both the player’s Klan bracket and individual bracket totals (with the exception of Klan raids, which would only affect Klan totals).

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

I think we’re on to something here, Corion. We should see what ET and the others think about the general idea, and how easy/difficult it would be to implement. I’ve had a few more ideas since my last post on the topic, but it sort of depends on how CZ wants to implement it.

Corion

Level 32 Emo Kid

If Klan-Vs-Klan Domination were implemented, I’d want it to mesh perfectly with another idea that I had, Klan-specific forumbuildr competitions and forums.

Maybe scoops could be earned for the Klan board by completing objectives (random or nonrandom, weekly or just general) against other Klan’s forums, or defending your own forums.

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

Well, I guess we just have to wait for CZ to recognize our genius and make us highly-paid interns, Corion…

Or more likely, ninja our ideas and claim they were ‘in development’ for months. Log in to see images!

Virtual_Eyes

[Sisterhood of the -
Quivering Rose
]

Level 13 Camwhore

Whiny, yet arrogant.

Bumped for truth.

Corion

Level 32 Emo Kid

Virtual_Eyes Posted:

I personally love the idea; since klanmembers tend to support each other and individualists tend to kill each other, it stands to reason they should be in separate categories.

Source: Tubmail to Corion

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!