Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Sports There's been a lot of discussion lately about changing the current thread tags

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

I actually really like this idea, and a thread tag design contest has been on my “to-do” list for a long time.

I would also support an E-Peen for winners, despite what MCB says. People who don’t speak English as a first language might have a hard time with a writing contest (except Aldo), so why can’t we reward a specialized skill with a token Peen?

Anyway, there are a couple things to address before going ahead with this: Namely, we don’t have that much space to display tags, so first we’d have to retire some. Three levels of bugs are obviously not needed (they’re a holdover from the days when we used Flamebate as a bug-tracking system), and I’ll ask ET to generate a report to see which are the least-used ones.

Then, I think we should all brainstorm about which ideal new tags to institute. They could be subject to general win/fail voting, committee voting, polling, or some combination thereof.

Beyond prettifying our existing tags, I think it’s more important to have more useful tags to play with. And while some of our tags are kind of ugly, they’re at least reasonably consistent. So no matter what we do, I think we should keep consistency in mind.

Admins are not ignoring anyone’s suggestions, but we have certain priorities and only so many hours in the day. If someone (or a group of Flamebate citizens) wanted to take on this contest as a project, and if it’s executed well, it would be very much appreciated and CZ would support it with Peen and BP.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

And here’s the result: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=tW3KjXeYjzADaoD6sKrRjcg&output=html

As you can see, there’s a lot of differentiation between topic usage in CD and RP (only public threads were counted for this). It might be worthwhile to come up with two sets of thread topics, one for CD, one for RP.

Yes. Two sets.

Why can’t you have one of your apprentices run the contest?

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

It would be a good fit for Inconnu, with his extensive design experience.

Edit: and Angry Hobo, if he were willing to help.

Fortunato edited this message on 08/04/2009 11:49AM

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I don’t want to make anyone run a contest against their will, but if anyone from the Apprentice team is interested, then they’re welcome to take it on.

Keep in mind I’ll also be tapping the Apprentice team (read: Inconnu) to help design a crapton of new thread tags for all of Episode 3’s forums.

Then have a mod run it. It doesn’t make sense to have some random forum person do it. It’s not even something that should take whoever makes the thread a lot of work.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

Well, we did have one volunteer from the community: ghax.

However, we’re going to give it to the Apprentices anyway. Be on the lookout for a very special new gimmick alt.

Aaaaah thanks. That was a close one!

aSh-gangSTA--

Avatar: 23493 2011-10-31 20:46:14 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 60 Emo Kid

The Delightfully Chaotic

Can we keep SPORTS as long as I update it to flash? I am scared to lose it because it’s on the “not used” list. Log in to see images!

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

Well, we did have one volunteer from the community: ghax.

However, we’re going to give it to the Apprentices anyway. Be on the lookout for a very special new gimmick alt.

lmfao ghax, God bless ‘im.

Golly, I wonder who would be an Apprentice willing to make gimmick alts for contests. Seems kind of cheesy to me.

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

People who don’t speak English as a first language might have a hard time with a writing contest (except Aldo), so why can’t we reward a specialized skill with a token Peen?

Anyway, there are a couple things to address before going ahead with this: Namely, we don’t have that much space to display tags, so first we’d have to retire some. Three levels of bugs are obviously not needed (they’re a holdover from the days when we used Flamebate as a bug-tracking system), and I’ll ask ET to generate a report to see which are the least-used ones.

Don’t take away Log in to see images! I love that one. Take green and red, but not yellow!

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

I’d love a Log in to see images!

Shii Posted:

lmfao ghax, God bless ‘im.

Golly, I wonder who would be an Apprentice willing to make gimmick alts for contests. Seems kind of cheesy to me.

Yes, this is such a surprise that instead of telling him to ask his apprentices, I was going to say, “Just ask Shii or something.” Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!