Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Ban Me We should have access to our own ban histories

I do not see a reason the histories should not be on our public profiles, as we can just put the information in our forums signatures anyway.

MalditeLoki

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

I agree with having a history of my bans. I don’t really care about public disclosure of bans if they are shown by alt and not by account (lol altreveals), but I see the drama it might cause so…

HURDDFF ALTFAIL….

MalditeLoki edited this message on 08/03/2009 2:32AM

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

Sergeant Cid Posted:

You’re correct. I was moving your post to GRP, and was going to issue a ‘warning’. To keep a record of the warning, we record that on your profile as a ‘backdated’ ban. I.E., if it’s 7/31/2009, 4 p.m., we set your ban ending time to be in the past, say, 7/31/2009 12 noon. When it’s done properly, you never even see the ban message, and you’re never actually banned. We just have to send you a Tubmail to let you know that you were actually warned.

In this case, I put in the correct backdated end time, but clicked the wrong ban confirmation.

Well, that sounds like a horrible system for making comments on someone’s profile.

Fingerz

Avatar: 22863 2010-11-15 01:15:51 -0500

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

I support the OP (and haven’t bothered to read the rest of this thread yet).

Wow, this would be a great feature!

Indiana Jonas

Avatar: 13850 2014-12-19 09:36:26 -0500

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

While I completely agree with this (duh) I don’t think it’ll ever happen. I think CZ and the mods would probably think that giving us access to our ban histories will give us a way to brag about our bans and influence other posters to do subversive stuff to try to “fit in” with a particular crowd.

I for one would love to see a leaderboard, not because I want to “top it” but because I am interested in some peoples ban histories and how much people get away with here. It’s pure curiosity, and I can’t see the harm in compiling that data.

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

I don’t think the “leaderboard” or public showcasing of ban history (even with an option to make it private) will ever happen, but a list of self bans would be cool.

Yeah, I admit I’m partly interested in seeing PANTS’ ban history and others, because I do not feel that after all the rules that got him banned have been removed, it is still entirely fair.

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

Wylin Posted:

I don’t want to see mine, it would **** me off each time.. it would be like this:

ban 1: Tubs was a drunken idiot and banned me for no reason

permaban1: Cid was a newb idiot and banned me for no reason

Does it.. really matter?

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Raepdog Posted:

Does it.. really matter?

I guess not, we both probably have 100+ bans on our account if they just give us old bans to add comments… seems like a pretty stupid way to have the comment system set up to me.

Wylin’s a good boy who got perfect attendance awards in school. Having a ban history weighs deeply on his conscience.

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

Wylin Posted:

I guess not, we both probably have 100+ bans on our account if they just give us old bans to add comments… seems like a pretty stupid way to have the comment system set up to me.

warning != comment

there’s a place for comments, but since a warning counts toward ban history, it makes sense to go there.

but I’m actually agreeing with raepdog here… does it really matter?

spacekadt edited this message on 08/12/2009 1:03AM

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Sergeant Cid Posted:

To keep a record of the warning, we record that on your profile as a ‘backdated’ ban.

It’s a horrible system to record a comment about a warning by giving people a ban they shouldn’t know about.

But, I have to admit I am curious now.

Wylin edited this message on 08/12/2009 2:04AM

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

why bother with adding something when this system works perfectly?

apart from the one ****up out of, umm, 3000 bans (not kidding) noone would ever even know that’s how we do it.

specially since it says “violating rules of flamebate – warning” and links to the post.

1/100k users has an issue here it seems.

I have an issue though, with not having access to my own ban history.

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

why bother with adding something when this system works perfectly?

apart from the one ****up out of, umm, 3000 bans (not kidding) noone would ever even know that’s how we do it.

specially since it says “violating rules of flamebate – warning” and links to the post.

1/100k users has an issue here it seems.

No one would have ever known until we allow everyone to see ban histories and people are like OMG, lol!

Wylin edited this message on 08/12/2009 2:12AM

spacekadt

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

Wylin Posted:

It’s a horrible system to record a comment about a warning by giving people a ban they shouldn’t know about.

But, I have to admit I am curious now.

a warning is a pre-ban of sorts. for certain things you might do, having received a warning determines whether you get a ban.

when we go to ban someone, we look at the ban history to determine if it’s a ban or a warning and to determine ban length.

comments generally indicate something not even a little bit ban related. why should we have to look in multiple places for information that belongs in one place?

as for not knowing, that’s what the warning tubmail is for. with a backdated ban, it’s noted as a warning, not a ban. ideally you never actually get banned (unless a mod ****s up – we’re human, it happens) and it’s not a case of “not supposed to know about it” – it’s 1000% about being able to effectively track a user’s history.

you were due for a warning. you’d still have something on your record. unfortunately, cid ****ed up. he apologized profusely… repeatedly. et gave you back your scoops and cards that got lost with the perma. it’s been 4 months.

spacekadt

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

Wylin Posted:

No one would have ever known until we allow everyone to see ban histories and people are like OMG, lol!

do you really think a warning comes without, oh, warning the user? that’s what tubmail is for.

Moderators, please look up the word “civil,” and please stop derailing my thread. Thank you.

1337xxxxxxxxxlolololololololololxxxxxxxxx1337 was banned for this post by Nicco

male reproductive organ_sAinT_6

Level 10 Hacker

“Ohacku”

I HEAR YOU BRAH

Mod Edit: this contributed to a community ban

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!