Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Ban Me We should have access to our own ban histories

Somewhere on our profiles. It should have links to the post and date and mod.

I also think this should be a stat on our public profile page like the Incit box. It could link to the bans and people could upvote/downvote them. Those of us who this statistic is important to, and I think I speak for most posters, are also still waiting on the leaderboard for this statistic.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

1337xxxxxxxxxlolololololololololxxxxxxxxx1337 Posted:

I also think this should be a stat on our public profile page like the Incit box. It could link to the bans and people could upvote/downvote them. Those of us who this statistic is important to, and I think I speak for most posters, are also still waiting on the leaderboard for this statistic.

There will never be a leaderboard or peen for being banned (because we don’t really want to encourage that behavior), but I could support players being able to see their own history. That would actually make issuing warnings a bit easier.

Since bans are stored by account, not by character, it should be easy to accomplish by creating a new tab on the Options screen (perhaps renamed “My Account”?). The code’s already there on the mod page so putting it on the Options page as well shouldn’t be tough at all.

I didn’t ask for a peen, because I would not like to screw up the male reproductive organ lengths of people who care about male reproductive organ length (not me I actually prefer average male reproductive organ lengths!). I am asking to be met halfway, with a list of top banned players. You see, in my view, getting banned is an outlet of destruction, much like the game itself. Yet people are only rewarded for creation on this site.

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

bans are not supposed to be good things

‘lololol ur so cool u got banned 8 times lol!”

also there are a ****ton of joke/test bans on lots of accounts that don’t need to be seen.

also we don’t need every single person up/downvoting bans. the community doesn’t decide who gets banned or unbanned, moderators/admins do. if it’s a big deal we get the annoying “UNBAN THIS PERSON THE RULES ARE UNFAIR LETS HAVE A WEEK OF DRAMA” threads.

are there any forums that show you your own ban history.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

also we don’t need every single person up/downvoting bans.

That’s why I don’t support public showings. But private, I have no problem with. Users could have compiled their own if they kept track. I see no problem with letting them see them in a more organized fashion.

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

(1)also we don’t need every single person up/downvoting bans. the community doesn’t decide who gets banned or unbanned, moderators/admins do. if it’s a big deal we get the annoying “UNBAN THIS PERSON THE RULES ARE UNFAIR LETS HAVE A WEEK OF DRAMA” threads.

(2)are there any forums that show you your own ban history.

1. The voting is not about whether the community feels the ban was fair, it’s about how cool was the ban? Like if it’s a simple goatse, that wouldn’t be upvoted, but if it’s a highly disruptive prank or finely crafted troll post, that would be upvoted.

2. You can easily get your ban history on SA.

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

1337xxxxxxxxxlolololololololololxxxxxxxxx1337 Posted:

I don’t want to see mine, it would **** me off each time.. it would be like this:

ban 1: Tubs was a drunken idiot and banned me for no reason

permaban1: Cid was a newb idiot and banned me for no reason

FalCoN

Avatar: 10741 2010-01-24 16:21:30 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I NEVER LEFT FORUMWARZ

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

also there are a ****ton of joke/test bans on lots of accounts that don’t need to be seen.

”fine upstanding member of society fine upstanding member of society fine upstanding member of society”

(This comment is relevant.)

Fie

Avatar: 152207 2011-11-01 00:46:41 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 47 Camwhore

I want to see some real, live poop.

Wylin Posted:

I don’t want to see mine, it would **** me off each time.. it would be like this:

ban 1: Tubs was a drunken idiot and banned me for no reason

Actually I paid Tubs to ban you while he was being a drunken idiot. Log in to see images!

Edit: Also, I support being able to see a private history, and maybe something like a public ban # count on the user page?

Fie edited this message on 07/31/2009 4:00PM

TUBSWEETIE

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

Fie Posted:

Edit: Also, I support being able to see a private history,

yes that would be cool. maybe instead of OPTIONS page it would be MY ACCOUNT to make more sense.

Fie Posted:

and maybe something like a public ban # count on the user page?

not signed.

HURRDURR u have big ban emale reproductive organ u must be p cool lets get banned for lulz by ****ting up forumz

TUBSWEETIE

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

ps sorry wylin.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

yes that would be cool. maybe instead of OPTIONS page it would be MY ACCOUNT to make more sense.

MC Banhammer Posted:

it should be easy to accomplish by creating a new tab on the Options screen (perhaps renamed “My Account”?).

Bans are nothing to be ashamed of!

Tesfan

Avatar: 17396 2011-07-31 06:49:56 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 35 Troll

Sucks **** through a straw in the face of convention

i’ve literally forgotten how many times i’ve gotten banned so this would be nice

TUBSWEETIE

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

Tesfan Posted:

i’ve literally forgotten how many times i’ve gotten banned so this would be nice

the ban gets longer each and every time

Fie

Avatar: 152207 2011-11-01 00:46:41 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 47 Camwhore

I want to see some real, live poop.

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

the ban gets longer each and every time

Deep.

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

Wylin Posted:

Actually, the ban in question was valid, it was simply supposed to be a tempban, not a permaban. I’m pretty sure it was human-error, and not a technical glitch; I think I did put an ending time in, but clicked the wrong confirm bumon.

But that’s not really the point here. I’d support allowing individual players to see their own ban history, to facilitate discussion as needed. If they’d been taking notes at home, it’s the same info they’d have anyways. But as far as publicly sharing that info, without player consent, I don’t agree to that.

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

Sergeant Cid Posted:

Actually, the ban in question was valid, it was simply supposed to be a tempban, not a permaban. I’m pretty sure it was human-error, and not a technical glitch; I think I did put an ending time in, but clicked the wrong confirm bumon.

But that’s not really the point here. I’d support allowing individual players to see their own ban history, to facilitate discussion as needed. If they’d been taking notes at home, it’s the same info they’d have anyways. But as far as publicly sharing that info, without player consent, I don’t agree to that.

It was that you were moving a post not banning me if I recall.

duca

Avatar: 127754 2012-12-21 23:37:31 -0500

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 38 Camwhore

Happiness cannot be bought, but Crispers can.

Wylin Posted:

See now if we could have access to our ban histories we wouldn’t have this kind of problem Log in to see images!

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

Wylin Posted:

You’re correct. I was moving your post to GRP, and was going to issue a ‘warning’. To keep a record of the warning, we record that on your profile as a ‘backdated’ ban. I.E., if it’s 7/31/2009, 4 p.m., we set your ban ending time to be in the past, say, 7/31/2009 12 noon. When it’s done properly, you never even see the ban message, and you’re never actually banned. We just have to send you a Tubmail to let you know that you were actually warned.

In this case, I put in the correct backdated end time, but clicked the wrong ban confirmation.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!