Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Poll Destruction Medal.
Poll: Destruction Medal. Yay or Nay?
You must be logged in to vote.

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

There’s a lot of concern over changes to be made in Dom in the next season and I’ve heard several long term players claim that if it’s terrible they’ll leave (any changes would cause people to leave so that’s less of an issue) but my biggest concern is the Destruction Medal.

I’ve heard that it’s a popular idea but never heard anyone actually back it up, instead I’ve gotten a lot of fear that it will turn everything into the top Bracket and make Pistachio even more powerful turning everything into last minute plays. Even moreso than it is now.

I personally agree with that and think that it would remove even more strategy from the game UNLESS bumholes and Stray Bullets did not count towards this amount as they are already highly used and widely considered overpowered. Then if Shields prevented point gain towards destruction people may not automatically target the people at the top all the time.

If you are going to do it, try it in a theme week first. But there are other possibilities out there that would encourage strategy and long term fun (nuking everything and getting nuked would get dull fast I figure) a bit more than this.

Sarcasm Inc

Avatar: 124937 2010-01-24 16:34:47 -0500

[pizza party]

Level 69 Hacker

Not needed anymore now that we have the SarcMark

You just don’t want radioactive apples. Log in to see images!

mterek

Avatar: 192622 2009-09-24 16:39:01 -0400

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Add the Destruction Medal, nerf the ability to get Vanilla and Pistachio Scoops.

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

I don’t really see a reason to add it appart from “hurrrffff domm trollin”. Seriously, what strategy is needed for it, get scoops, buy attack cards, attack. People will just get a ****ton of bumholes and walk their way to the easiest medal of all. And the people that actually planed to get the other medals will get all frustrated plus turning everything even more into last minute play, making dom even worse than what it currently is.

EVECHARM

Avatar: 114577 Tue Feb 17 05:11:14 -0500 2009

[pizza party]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

It’d be cool if it was like a bonus medal for a theme week like roid rage, or having like double fav flav medal in fiesta but as an every week thing it’ll flop.

People may think it’s cool that, oh I’m not going to win this week I think it would be cool if I just spent my scoops and nuked the bracket and wish I’d get a medal for doing it. But if you give out an medal for it and 3, 4 or more people decide to be dedicated to this medal in one bracket they could probably destroy every scoop in a decent sized bracket, turning it back into who every spends there visits last with the highest streak gets the most scoops

EVECHARM edited this message on 08/06/2009 3:36PM

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

nice work rewording my post.

EVECHARM

Avatar: 114577 Tue Feb 17 05:11:14 -0500 2009

[pizza party]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

I de-noobed it for you

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

ChilePepino Posted:

nice work rewording my post.

Nice work rewording my post, which is the rewording of probably yet another post Log in to see images!

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

Dunatis Posted:

Nice work rewording my post, hurf durf medals

Nice work not rewording his post.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

I’ve always wanted a destruction medal. My reasoning – I’ve watched far too many players sit out the week due to messing up a streak, being at a bad part of their loop, not being able to play at end time. Destruction would be something those players could go for regardless.

My reservation, the reason I stopped lobbying for it awhile ago, is worry that it will just be throw out there with the “build now, balance later.” That simply couldn’t happen. Anything destruction based should not be considered as long as Stray Bullet and The bumhole work the way they do. Just not counting SB and TA is not enough, a destruction medal is adding incentive beyond helping yourself or a teammate to win and the destruction in bracket would increase dramatically – that would need to be countered in order for those who like building to feel that their game has not been stripped away.

Unless destruction was intended to exclusively target the newer players, it must count destroyed Shields and cards. If one is going for destruction and there are 5 players with 30 cards and 100 scoops and 5 players with just 100 scoops – if hitting shields doesn’t count for destruction medal purposes, who will you hit? The guys without cards of course. So you wipe out everyone who either doesn’t care or doesn’t know what they are doing. Doesn’t make sense to leave the people at the top of the bracket pile alone. (And no, that wouldn’t be a strategic choice. If the choice is plink through someone’s Shields or lock in a Destruction medal people are going to choose the medal.)

Ricket

Avatar: 4300 2011-11-01 00:56:47 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

Good poster, upvoted. Also loves juicy balls (no homo).

It would be a fun* huge mistake. Destruction, if anything, needs to be discouraged and nerfed, not rewarded. That ****’s bananas.

*fun for a few weeks, at least.

Ricket edited this message on 08/06/2009 6:27PM

Halo

Level 34 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

****ing Do It!

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

scully Posted:

words and an image

Medal for most shields destroyed Log in to see images!

ghax

Avatar: 80241 Thu Jul 02 20:10:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Camwhore

I love 12 inch fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs in my arse

idk if this is a bad idea, but destroying an opposing shield is essentially removing 4 enemy scoops. so why not just weight destroyed shields to count 4 times as much as destroyed scoops?

eg If the enemy has 9 Shields up guarding 14 scoops and I burn my cards and take them ALL out, then that’s 9x4 + 14 = 50.

Kate Kusanagi

Avatar: 185293 Thu Jul 30 22:31:31 -0400 2009

[pizza party]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

This might be fun for a theme week, but I think this would make every bracket just like the top bracket where the only thing that matters is the last 10 minutes.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

scully Posted:

I’ve always wanted a destruction medal. My reasoning – I’ve watched far too many players sit out the week due to messing up a streak, being at a bad part of their loop, not being able to play at end time. Destruction would be something those players could go for regardless.

you still need scoops for buying cards

more scoops = more cards = more destruction (with a bit of luck)

Inertia edited this message on 08/09/2009 6:45AM

mterek

Avatar: 192622 2009-09-24 16:39:01 -0400

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Now that I’ve experienced it first hand, I’m not so sure about the Destruction Medal after all. D: I can see the problem now, and it’s ugly.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!