Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Macho Rules clarification please

Well, now that you mention it, if *I* were a 17 year old and very, very fussy about the internet and got banned from a website, I would create an illegal alt post haste.

Celerysteve

Avatar: 61989 2011-12-28 11:21:37 -0500

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Right from the moment when I saw Saw, I laughed.

Not only is it a bad argument, but it’s complete sour grapes speculation. As much as I supposedly care/don’t care or am serious not/serious you can really see who takes RP stuff to heart by reading this thread.

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

UnstoppableChan Posted:

Let’s be honest – numerous players, like PANTS, SEMC, and I think even xxxlol himself have raised ban evasion to a fine art. It doesn’t seem terribly unlikely to me.

as far as I know, everytime PANTS gets unbanned he posts ET’s personal info in CD. SEMC got permabanned for loli though he has had illegal alts for quite some time and 1337xxxxxxxxxlolololololxxxxx1337 hasn’t done any “perma-banable” offense.

Cheins Sanch-
ez

Avatar: 64305 2015-06-13 02:49:05 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 36 Troll

Rex Sacrorum

Celerysteve Posted:

Not only is it a bad argument, but it’s complete sour grapes speculation. As much as I supposedly care/don’t care or am serious not/serious you can really see who takes RP stuff to heart by reading this thread.

I think you are begging the question when you say that. We’re talking about favoritism and people who were banned for things that maybe they shouldn’t have been banned for. RP is being taken care of in RP.

ChilePepino Posted:

as far as I know, everytime PANTS gets unbanned he posts ET’s personal info in CD. SEMC got permabanned for loli though he has had illegal alts for quite some time and 1337xxxxxxxxxlolololololxxxxx1337 hasn’t done any “perma-banable” offense.

Yeah, I haven’t done any ban evading. Evading isn’t an art because I think it can really only mean illegal alts.

Not getting banned in the first place or getting the rules changed after the fact are the art.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

1337xxxxxxxxxlolololololololololxxxxxxxxx1337 Posted:

Hmm, good point Celery Steve, but my guess would be that Crotch Zombie Productions only doesn’t ban you because they are concerned that doing so would cause you to throw a hissy fit and post episode 3 spoilers all over the forums and in real life.

The implication here is that we gave Celerysteve special treatment by not banning him despite the fact that he broke the rules. I consider this ironic, since the exact opposite is true.

I did tempban Celerysteve, despite the fact that alt-revealing is currently not against the rules. I only did so because he’d posted information gleaned from the Apprentice subforum, which I considered a guarded environment. At first I simply edited Celerysteve’s posts to remove the alt-reveal, but after he reverted his original posts — twice, despite an email warning that he says he missed — I decided to community ban him.

I unbanned him soon afterward, when the alt himself came out and explicitly revealed his identity. At that point, I figured it wasn’t worth trying to protect it anymore.

As for Episode 3 spoilers, there is always a concern that they could leak. However, I believe if Celerysteve (or anyone from the Apprentice forums) were permabanned for legitimate reasons, they would be sensible enough not to pull such a stunt. For what it’s worth, Celerysteve left the Apprentice project long before any major plot spoilers became known.

tl;dr: Unless I somehow missed Opposite Day, this is a conjectural and baseless bumumption.

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

That is kind of flawed because if that’s the case, I suppose Fingerz can be unbanned now that Celerysteve admitted that was his pic.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

ChilePepino Posted:

That is kind of flawed because if that’s the case, I suppose Fingerz can be unbanned now that Celerysteve admitted that was his pic.

I’ll respond for JB because he can’t (what with being banned and all)

The difference is, what Fingerz did (revealing personal info, yes, a picture falls under that category) is against the rules, while alt-revealing is not.

Catt although

Avatar: 46806 2022-11-29 03:06:42 +0000

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Last Catt Standing

ChilePepino Posted:

I think what he’s trying to say is that CS was tempbanned to stop him from doing what he was doing, and since he didn’t break an actual rule the ban was removed. Alts are currently not considered personal information. Fingerz did break an actual rule therefore will remain banned.

Celerysteve

Avatar: 61989 2011-12-28 11:21:37 -0500

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Right from the moment when I saw Saw, I laughed.

ChilePepino Posted:

Were that the case, which it isn’t… How would that not be revealing personal info?

Here’s another question for rules clarification:

Is it trolling if you continually try to post misinformation, opinions as fact, and unsubstantiated down right lies in a CD thread along with saying things like “you’d throw a hissy fit”? Because it seems like obvious trolling to me.

If the mods are biased or upset with somebody would it be ok to let it continuously slide if it was directed at that person?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!