Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Macho Rules clarification please

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

Inertia Posted:

why does everything need to be moved to rp. if you can’t express yourself here freely then there’s either something wrong with what you want to say or with this place

A lot of people feel that there is something wrong with that .

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

1337xxxxxxxxxlolololololololololxxxxxxxxx1337 Posted:

I’d also like to express my outrage that Celery Steve be grouped with “rule pushers,” as he is not. We have good English comprehension and know and understand the rules. We prefer our rule-breaking to be either something blatantly obvious or genuinely in the gray area, unlike this case.

I’m pretty sure CS is not on the most banned leaderboard.

I hope that’s directed at CS, as I have no idea what you’re talking about.

It was, LOL. Sorry.

Shii edited this message on 07/28/2009 1:58AM

Peregrine

Avatar: 135742 2011-10-31 19:55:54 -0400

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 35 Camwhore

Forumwarz' Pretend Homosexual

What if someone posts personal information about someone that is true but said person denies it and makes a thread in non-rp saying that the information is untrue even though the information is really true and the ban is deserved but he doesn’t want everyone to know that it’s his personal information?

Peregrine edited this message on 07/28/2009 2:01AM

That’s still a ban, as the mods will not go to the trouble and investigate all of that.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Sancdar Posted:

Wait, so like when you got banned for “alt-revealing” emohunter? Does that make you or JB a troll?

haha

The would be me Log in to see images!

I got into that thread after CS edited his OP, and had no idea of the drama surrounding it. I saw a great opportunity to troll the way I like to (remember the Log in to see images!

I quickly checked to see which other mods were online, and JB won. I made the post which “alt-revealed” (the ridiculous and clearly false combination of emoh unter and ghax), and asked JB to tempban me for it. The results appeared to be exactly what I was hoping for Log in to see images!

Inertia Posted:

you mean “don’t report things like this” or “don’t post fake info”?

As to this, I meant “don’t post fake info”. I can’t imagine what reason anyone would have to do so, honestly.

It’s not a rule, you’re free to post false info if you want, but if you happen to stumble across the truth and get banned for it, we’re not going to be sympathetic. And if we decide you were posting the info in an effort to use the banning to determine the truth, you’re likely to find yourself banned for a long time without any confirmation of which post it was for.

Fingerz

Avatar: 22863 2010-11-15 01:15:51 -0500

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

lol MCBanhammer strikes again.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

Fingerz has been site-banned for a week for posting offsite info about Celerysteve against his wishes.

It’s true that he initially shared some of this info on IDC. However, IDC is unmoderated. You can’t use IDC as a basis to decide acceptable behavior here in Flamebate.

The only reason Fingerz hasn’t been permabanned is because a moderator (TUBSWEETIE) thought that it would be okay to post and gave her the green light. Tubs should’ve known better, and he is getting three days’ suspension from the site as well.

Due to the cirgreat timesstances, I decided it was in everyone’s best interests to be fairly lenient this time. However, in the future, we may not be. As MCB wisely said, “Just don’t do it.”

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

So alt revealing against the person wishes is ok, on the other hand?

It wasn’t just tubs who gave green light btw. I have no proof since the thread was erased.

ChilePepino edited this message on 07/28/2009 3:40PM

Alts should be considered personal information.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

The alt-reveal thing is kind of controversial, but we are discussing it.

Someone could have an alt of a screen name they use somewhere they use their real name. We must stamp out any detectivery before things get out of hand!

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Someone could have an alt of a screen name they use somewhere they use their real name. We must stamp out any detectivery before things get out of hand!

I’m glad you understand the problem.

-Kevin

Level 12 Permanoob

“PERMANOOB”

There are tons of people who pay for alts just to RP something new.

Then people go around and out who they are?

That not being against the rules is just Log in to see images!

Skyman747

Avatar: 115546 2015-08-12 18:58:09 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

DIRTY ****ING fine upstanding member of society woman's genitals

I disagree with alts being Personal Information, and I really don’t think alt revealing should be against the rules. I don’t see anything wrong with alt revealing as long as you aren’t abusing your power to do it. If someone decided to reveal them via Klan forum or IDC and there was someone untrustworthy where the revealed it, then I think the fault is on the person who told them.

And @ JB, as ChilePepino pointed out in RP, SpaceKadt also gave Fingerz the green light to post that, so in all equalness should she be suspended as well?

Cheins Sanch-
ez

Avatar: 64305 2015-06-13 02:49:05 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 36 Troll

Rex Sacrorum

It’s kind of hypocritical to alt reveal, make photoshops of people IRL that go here, and then cry fowl when somebody posts something you wrote on the internet for everyone to see.

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

Skyman747 Posted:

I disagree with alts being Personal Information, and I really don’t think alt revealing should be against the rules. I don’t see anything wrong with alt revealing as long as you aren’t abusing your power to do it. If someone decided to reveal them via Klan forum or IDC and there was someone untrustworthy where the revealed it, then I think the fault is on the person who told them.

It’s pretty much the same with real names and photos, actually, if you share them with someone, let’s say, via IRC or Skype, and they post them here, is it your fault for sharing with someone who was not trust-worthy?

I think if someone makes an obvious alt-revealing mistake (as I have done several times), it’s ok for being dumb, but if I gave someone a list (example: I want to get all my alts to the same klan, and I give a list to an officer), and they just alt reveal me all around that’s “personal info-lite”, IMO.

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

Skyman747 Posted:

And @ JB, as ChilePepino pointed out in RP, SpaceKadt also gave Fingerz the green light to post that, so in all equalness should she be suspended as well?

As I understand it (I wasn’t directly involved, so this might be inaccurate), spacekadt gave the green light to repost the original pic, the one that CS posted a link to in IDC. Tubs gave the greenlight to post the newly found, similar pic, that was NOT posted by CS in IDC.

It is this second pic that is the relevant issue. That was never posted in IDC, so even if we were to debate whether or not reposting info from IDC counts as a rule violation, finding new information that was not posted in IDC definitely is.

Skyman747

Avatar: 115546 2015-08-12 18:58:09 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

DIRTY ****ING fine upstanding member of society woman's genitals

Sergeant Cid Posted:

As I understand it (I wasn’t directly involved, so this might be inaccurate), spacekadt gave the green light to repost the original pic, the one that CS posted a link to in IDC. Tubs gave the greenlight to post the newly found, similar pic, that was NOT posted by CS in IDC.

Yet according to the rules, IDC is not considered a source, so posting it in IDC is not considered revealing it to the community.

rules Posted:

If someone is recognized or reported for posting such personal information, and cannot produce a link to a public Flamebate post (not an IDC chat log, Tubmail, or secret Klan post) where that information was willingly made available by the owner of that information, the offender will be issued an instant site ban (not a community ban).

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

Skyman747 Posted:

Why ? Both are things that people, for the most part, do not want others to find out, whether it be someones address, or an alter-ego . The point is, they don’t want people to know, so how is it different ? As for giving the information to only some people, not making outing them against the rules is rewarding people who betray other’s trust, and I don’t think that is right at all .

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

Sergeant Cid Posted:

It is this second pic that is the relevant issue. That was never posted in IDC, so even if we were to debate whether or not reposting info from IDC counts as a rule violation, finding new information that was not posted in IDC definitely is.

False, actually. I won’t speak to what Tubs said or did or didn’t say or didn’t do, but I only vouched after it was posted that the picture was indeed posted in IDC and that it was the same picture. If JB/ET decides that’s actionable, I’ll take whatever’s coming.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!