Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Macho Rules clarification please

Celerysteve

Avatar: 61989 2011-12-28 11:21:37 -0500

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Right from the moment when I saw Saw, I laughed.

If somebody posts what they think is personal information, but it is not, can they get banned for that? If you know it is not, but they think it is, is it wrong to report it?

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

Are you asking about how far you can ‘push the envelope’ before you get banned?

I think you know the answer to that already.

Celerysteve

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

I am asking about another person who did something, not me.

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

is this about your avatar

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

I actually meant that as the generic ‘you’, not you specifically.

http://www.forumwarz.com/help/me/72-what-are-the-site-rules-i-should-know-to-avoid-being-banned

IMPORTANT NOTE: These rules are intended as guidelines. The absence of a specific rule prohibiting a specific action is not to be considered permission to engage in that action, nor is it a defense against any consequences for said action.

In other words, if you “push the envelope” or “dance on the line,” you do so at your own risk, and accept full responsibility for the consequences of your actions.

Fingerz

Avatar: 22863 2010-11-15 01:15:51 -0500

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

Why is Matt Smith back again?

Fingerz

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

Fingerz Posted:

Why is Matt Smith back again?

Meant that as in, why do you ask, has Matt returned?

Celerysteve

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Why is she not banned for this it specifically says she can’t post something from IDC?

“If someone is recognized or reported for posting such personal information, and cannot produce a link to a public Flamebate post (not an IDC chat log, Tubmail, or secret Klan post) where that information was willingly made available by the owner of that information, the offender will be issued an instant site ban (not a community ban). NOTE: Moderators will take into account if the linked-to post has been edited after the report.”

Celerysteve

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Also tubsweetie.

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

remember falconfour?

wait nvm that was actually personal info. similar story though

TUBSWEETIE edited this message on 07/27/2009 10:10PM

Fingerz

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

The original F4 incident included true personal information though. Names and addresses or phone numbers, if I recall.

I don’t think anyone has posted your name or address of phone number here, Celerysteve. Not yet, anyway Log in to see images!

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

Since when do trolls that complain about being banned try to push the rules to get others banned?

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Celerysteve Posted:

If somebody posts what they think is personal information, but it is not, can they get banned for that? If you know it is not, but they think it is, is it wrong to report it?

Just don’t do it.

Look, I have no idea what your real name is. So if TrekFan89 posts “celerysteve has a big male reproductive organ is Jonathan Frakes”, he’s just making **** up, right? So no ban?

Except: What if he hit it right? Then a ban only proves the point, and the information has been ferreted out by possible process of elimination.

This wouldn’t be fun for anyone except a troll trying to push the boundaries. So just don’t do it.

IDC chatlogs can be completely manufactured, which is obviously the meaning behind it being listed in that statement. Spacekadet verified in that thread that you had posted the pic yourself. This means it had mod verification instead of someone just saying, “Oh this was posted in chat (chat log).”

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

1337xxxxxxxxxlolololololololololxxxxxxxxx1337 Posted:

IDC chatlogs can be completely manufactured, which is obviously the meaning behind it being listed in that statement. Spacekadet verified in that thread that you had posted the pic yourself. This means it had mod verification instead of someone just saying, “Oh this was posted in chat (chat log).”

All I have to say about this is that “it sucks when you’re the target, doesn’t it?”

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

MC Banhammer Posted:

Just don’t do it.

Look, I have no idea what your real name is. So if TrekFan89 posts “celerysteve has a big male reproductive organ is Jonathan Frakes”, he’s just making **** up, right? So no ban?

Except: What if he hit it right? Then a ban only proves the point, and the information has been ferreted out by possible process of elimination.

This wouldn’t be fun for anyone except a troll trying to push the boundaries. So just don’t do it.

you mean “don’t report things like this” or “don’t post fake info”?

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

can we have this moved to rp so i can express myself freely?

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

ChilePepino Posted:

can we have this moved to rp so i can express myself freely?

why does everything need to be moved to rp. if you can’t express yourself here freely then there’s either something wrong with what you want to say or with this place

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

MC Banhammer Posted:

Just don’t do it.

Wait, so like when you got banned for “alt-revealing” emohunter? Does that make you or JB a troll?

I’d also like to express my outrage that Celery Steve be grouped with “rule pushers,” as he is not. We have good English comprehension and know and understand the rules. We prefer our rule-breaking to be either something blatantly obvious or genuinely in the gray area, unlike this case.

I’m pretty sure CS is not on the most banned leaderboard.

Shii Posted:

All I have to say about this is that “it sucks when you’re the target, doesn’t it?”

I hope that’s directed at CS, as I have no idea what you’re talking about.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!