Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Ban Me Klan forumbuildr

Corion

Level 32 Emo Kid

I lost at domination?! How could this happen to me?

What if each Klan could create their own forum week-to-week? Only people within the Klan could make submissions, and the forums would be posted as part of the Klan’s private domain or publicly-playable Klan grounds.

The Klan would have to be a certain size (ACTIVE user ACCOUNTS, not characters, and not inactive players) each week to be able to create a forum. Smaller Klans might be able to create only 1 forum, but larger Klans would be able to create upwards of 10 forums. Once a Klan hits the max, 1 forum could be deleted every 2 weeks in case the Klan wants to change one out for a new idea.

Flezz rewards for Klans should be slightly lower than the Public Pots (which should actually probably be increased at this point, judging by how difficult it is becoming to submit a winner). The buildr score for each player should increase by the average of all forumbuildr competition buildr scores they received that week.

Perhaps Klans could get scoops for defending all of their own forums, or pwning other Klan’s forums. There should be some advantage to having more forums, but also some other disadvantage – more forums to defend. There should be a bonus large enough for Klans to want have the maximum number of forums they could have. (I.e. a large Klan shouldn’t want to have only 1 because it’s less to defend). Perhaps the Klan could have 1 private forum with increased cred to help members grind for every 4 public ones they have? Increased cred in all Klan forums?

How about cross-clan XSS code to leech cred/flezz/scoops from another clan every few hours? XSS scrubbers to cleanse diseased forums?

This would allow Klans to take out their aggression on each other and compete more directly with one another.

This should probably wait until E.T. has the forumbuildr stuff entirely automated so he doesn’t have to make 10+ forums every week based on user submissions.

Also, if these Klan forums were implemented, I would suggest restricting Klanmates from voting on each other’s entries in the public forumbuildr since this would be the only place unklanned players and players in smaller klans would be able to submit data. Chocolate scoops should also only be generated from this public forum area, not from the Klan forums.

I picked BAN ME! as the icon for this thread, because after reading all of these ideas, Evil Trout will probably want to. Log in to see images!

This would be a LOT of work to set up.

Corion edited this message on 03/18/2008 4:08AM

MC Smoothlove

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

I didn’t like this idea at all until about halfway through your post. It’d be nice to have more gameplay, but the idea of klans making their own forums seems ridiculously complicated. It started to sound really awesome to me, though, when you brought up competition between klans; defending and attacking other klans’ forums. That would be a lot of fun. I think if that did happen, it’d be nice to have a new color scoop for those rewards.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!