Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Politics Full of Won suggestion thread

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

With all the changes lately we might want to think about revising the full of won system.

mods hate bumps/necros so i suggest changing the way full of won works:

– make it able to be posted in

– when a thread moves in, lock the posts that exist when it is moved

– show that those posts were there pre-FOW (color them gold, put stars on them, i dunno)

– new posts show up normally at the end with a marker when the post-fow posts start appearing.

this would be a good way to have kickbum threads preserved without shutting them off for new content. bumping could be ‘FOW this thread!!’ instead of ‘BUUUUMP’ that gets people banned sometimes. then thread goes to FOW where it’s preserved in a pit of entertainment, and it’s not locked off and can be commented on/added to. maybe preserve the link in the original RP forum as well so it stays on active topics?

thoughts?

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

With all the changes lately we might want to think about revising the full of won system.

mods hate bumps/necros so i suggest changing the way full of won works:

– make it able to be posted in

– when a thread moves in, lock the posts that exist when it is moved

– show that those posts were there pre-FOW (color them gold, put stars on them, i dunno)

– new posts show up normally at the end with a marker when the post-fow posts start appearing.

this would be a good way to have kickbum threads preserved without shutting them off for new content. bumping could be ‘FOW this thread!!’ instead of ‘BUUUUMP’ that gets people banned sometimes. then thread goes to FOW where it’s preserved in a pit of entertainment, and it’s not locked off and can be commented on/added to. maybe preserve the link in the original RP forum as well so it stays on active topics?

thoughts?

I like the idea, but unfortunately, people would make it the prime choice for shock-link posting and spamming. Ruining threads of that quality is just too tempting a target.

AntiRules187

Avatar: 79421 Tue May 26 22:06:20 -0400 2009

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

It's actually an honor to be pranked, it means someone spent real money on you. Sir.

that sounds good, I say yes.

Fingerz

Avatar: 22863 2010-11-15 01:15:51 -0500

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

Not if they make it against the rules to spam images/post shock in the FOW forum section, Shii Log in to see images!

Tubs, this is a great idea. I like the notion of being able to post in a FOW thread, even if it IS after the fact. But yeah you should definitely lock the original posts AND mark them/differentiate them somehow from the newer posts so that people can tell what was in the thread when it was FOW’ed and what came later.

Shii

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

Fingerz Posted:

Not if they make it against the rules to spam images/post shock in the FOW forum section, Shii Log in to see images!

Tubs, this is a great idea. I like the notion of being able to post in a FOW thread, even if it IS after the fact. But yeah you should definitely lock the original posts AND mark them/differentiate them somehow from the newer posts so that people can tell what was in the thread when it was FOW’ed and what came later.

Since when has being “against the rules” prevented shock images and spamming?

Fingerz

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

Shii Posted:

Since when has being “against the rules” prevented shock images and spamming?

Since the mods decided to ban anyone and everyone for ****ting up their stickied threads. Wanna see it in action? Go try posting Goatse in Tubs’ “hands” thread and see what happens Log in to see images!

So long as they take the same stance in the revamped FOW forum, threads won’t be shat upon with kaiser spam and tubgirl Log in to see images!

Shii

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

Fingerz Posted:

Since the mods decided to ban anyone and everyone for ****ting up their stickied threads. Wanna see it in action? Go try posting Goatse in Tubs’ “hands” thread and see what happens Log in to see images!

So long as they take the same stance in the revamped FOW forum, threads won’t be shat upon with kaiser spam and tubgirl Log in to see images!

Again, people still spam the stickies.

People still spam CD.

People don’t care about the bans.

Fingerz

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

Shii Posted:

People still spam CD.

People don’t care about the bans.

Why are you being so cranky tonight? Jeez.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Disagree. Every “me too” that gets added to threads that actually deserve FoW dilutes the thread. I frankly think that there are far too many in there that are mediocre at best, what is the incentive to let someone add their “yeah, that’s awesome” 5 months down the line?

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

I don’t like the idea of Full of Won, seriously. I think a good thread should be decided by the number of views/replies. It’s not a good idea if it’s moved to Full of Won and die there just because a few people like it.

ANGRY HOBO

Avatar: 49150 Tue Aug 11 01:43:48 -0400 2009

Level 28 Emo Kid

lmbo i gave this account and now its full of people :D bye all this game is ****....................

quangntenemy Posted:

I don’t like the idea of Full of Won, seriously. I think a good thread should be decided by the number of views/replies. It’s not a good idea if it’s moved to Full of Won and die there just because a few people like it.

normaly the worse threads get the more number of replies.

I support the OP’s ideia

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Shii Posted:

was would like to know who spams the stickies.

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

quangntenemy Posted:

This is a terrible idea . Quality of content of a thread has nothing to do with views/posts .

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

it would have to be a weird forum because RP threads moved in would have their rules grandfathered, but CD threads (are there any fow CD threads, honestly maybe 4) would have their stricter rules grandfathered?

it’s a weird system i dunno how well it would work out. hoping someone has a better idea or a reason to not care and leave it the way it is.

true that FOW is full of crap as well

Peregrine

Avatar: 135742 2011-10-31 19:55:54 -0400

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 35 Camwhore

Forumwarz' Pretend Homosexual

While I don’t know about the above changes, I’d like to suggest some system that allows the community to remove threads from Full of Won. While there are some great threads in there, some of them just don’t really belong, like this thread:

http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view/36020-an-important-message-for-mercwithmouth-when-he-gets-unbanned

Fun concept, but not a great thread, like this one which is full of the same sentiments:

http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view/32809

While a vote based system is prone for abuse (lol WeChall), there’s got to be a way to make sure that FoW is good.

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

Peregrine Posted:

While I don’t know about the above changes, I’d like to suggest some system that allows the community to remove threads from Full of Won. While there are some great threads in there, some of them just don’t really belong, like this thread:

http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view/36020-an-important-message-for-mercwithmouth-when-he-gets-unbanned

Fun concept, but not a great thread, like this one which is full of the same sentiments:

http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view/32809

While a vote based system is prone for abuse (lol WeChall), there’s got to be a way to make sure that FoW is good.

Totally agree with this. We have like 235536 threads like this.

Master_Troll

Avatar: 58489 2010-05-26 01:29:58 -0400

Level 69 Emo Kid

Lee_Harvey_Oswald is Pinky and I'm Brain

why not make individual posts movable to FoW.

Make the thread moved, but only individual posts are movable while mods can pick which ones do not contribute to a thread (IE, the “FOW THIS ****” posts)

alternately, if a single post is worthy, then move just the OP and the FOW post.

I don’t know how feasible this is with Trout’s system, but in an ideal thing that’s what I think would work

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!