Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Bug - 2 I'm getting pretty bad lag and numerous connection errors. I'm not having any loading problems with other websites...

Starfang_42

[Random Insanity]

Level 30 Troll

The **** of the Trollhole

Any ideas what’s going on?

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

It’s almost like the server is lagging!

Starfang_42

[Random Insanity]

Level 30 Troll

The **** of the Trollhole

Sancdar Posted:

It’s almost like the server is lagging!

Thanks, captain obvious Log in to see images!

Yeah, I knew that much. I’m more concerned with why the server is lagging like this.

Chaoticsunsh-
ine

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

I didn’t have any lag problems today, but I STILL haven’t recieved my daily delivery, despite ppwning 4 seperate mid-level forums yesterday… and only 8 hours left untill rollover! Anyone else have this problem today?

Echuu

Avatar: 6433 Tue Jul 21 22:01:07 -0400 2009

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 20 Troll

You made Vader snobby.

Even tho Ruby on Rails is great, it’s very quick to code and very agile but it has it’s flaws, ActiveRecord is slow among other things and when it comes to scaling rails projects to a large number of visitors and requests it takes more CPU than other frameworks. But I’m sure ET is working on optimization as this site seems to be growing by the minute.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Echuu Posted:

Even tho Ruby on Rails is great, it’s very quick to code and very agile but it has it’s flaws, ActiveRecord is slow among other things and when it comes to scaling rails projects to a large number of visitors and requests it takes more CPU than other frameworks. But I’m sure ET is working on optimization as this site seems to be growing by the minute.

Actually rails is far from our biggest bottleneck right now. We’re running a pack of 16 evented mongrels and it’s never been a problem.

Lately our lag is database related. We have tables with hundreds of thousands or millions of rows, and if there’s a piece of code that queries it without using an index, it can block everyone else.

Sometimes the database just reaches a new size threshold (currently about 3GB) and it decides to expand, slowing stuff down.

Not to mention that we ran into problems with our backup utilities taking hours to run.

So yeah, Ruby is slow, no doubt about that, but it’s not why Forumwarz is, at least not yet Log in to see images!

fornicon

[SPF]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Had to reload several times today but at least it is free so no big whoop…and plus I’m having a ****ing blast.

Urmean15

Avatar: 2020 Fri Feb 27 17:24:14 -0500 2009

Level 27 Troll

“Gaping Asshole”

LAG LIKE THE MOTHER****ING FIST OF THE NORTH STAR

fornicon

[SPF]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Wikipedia has been much worse today for what it’s worth…

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!