Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Poll Card limit?

jpsteel

Level 10 Emo Kid

Hello Kitty Underwear Aficionado

Looking at this weeks match and the sheer amount of cards that are going to be purchased/played I think the server is going to blow up Log in to see images!

So the question is how many cards is enough? I think if a limit is set then it might add another level of strategy to card selection/playing in a domination round. The idea is you can only hold x number of cards in your hand per week and if you want to have more you need to play more. What does everybody think?

Bubo

Level 18 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

I’m not sure I follow the “If you want more, you need to play more” line. Do you mean play more domination, or play the cards from your hand?

jpsteel

Level 10 Emo Kid

If the card limit is 10 and you have 10 cards then before buying another card you would need to use one. Make sense?

jpsteel edited this message on 03/17/2008 5:42PM

Bubo

Level 18 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

OK, makes sense now.

Unfortunately, this has the potential to backfire tremendously if implemented before Vanilla scoops are rebalanced.

Right now, people are buying and (typically) sitting on cards until the last moments of the round. This gives the non-Rush players time to collect scoops to convert into cards.

If there is a limit imposed before Vanilla scoops are rebalanced, then Rush players will find themselves in a bad quandry. They are a primary target for bumhole cards, but can’t dump scoops into cards without using them. This means that a significant number of the Rush players will have to start prematurely firing off Domination Cards. This has the potential of leaving the non-Rush players, who don’t have a lot of scoops to begin with, in a situation where they loose their scoops within hours/minutes of earning them (and before they can acgreat timesulate 4 for a card themselves).

A possible solution would be to allow players to just dump cards instead of having to use them, or granting players who are reduced to 0 (or an appropriately low number of) scoops an automatic bumhole card (or cards).

Bubo edited this message on 03/17/2008 5:47PM

jpsteel

Level 10 Emo Kid

Well, until they come up with a card stealing mechanism then I don’t see how it hurts the non-rush player. If I don’t have any scoops to destroy then using a card against me is useless. Quick example:

player 1 – 25 scoops 5 cards

player 2 – 5 scoops 10 cards

player 3 – 8 scoops 10 cards

player 4 – 0 scoops 5 cards

player 5 – 0 scoops 10 cards

So player 4 and 5 can bumhole player 1 but player 2 and 3 cannot. Players 1,2,3,4,5 can steal each others scoops or play shotgun cards but still can do nothing to the player with no scoops. Let’s say everybody is reduced to zero scoops and the new board looks like this:

player 1 – 0 scoops 3 cards

player 2 – 0 scoops 5 cards

player 3 – 0 scoops 6 cards

player 4 – 0 scoops 2 cards

player 5 – 0 scoops 8 cards

So clearly now player 5 is in the best position to win since they have the most cards but since everybody is at zero scoops card timing becomes a factor because the next player to use a modest improvement has four other players that can attack them.

lulz56

[The Knights of LOL]

Level 21 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

You should be able to an bumhole to anyone.

Bubo

Level 18 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

It’s about stealing the scoops before the non-Rush players can buy cards. Let’s use the recent SotQR Vanilla Rush as an example (remember, this is before any Vanilla rebalancing).

Look at the sequence below. I’m taking a Rush player starting at 0 scoops against a selection of non-Rush players with various scoop and card levels.

Rush Player:	  0 Scoops	 0 Cards
Non-Rush Player:	  4 Scoops	 0 Cards
Non-Rush Player:	  8 Scoops	 0 Cards
Non-Rush Player:	  0 Scoops	 2 Cards
Non-Rush Player:	  8 Scoops	 1 Cards

Rush Player:	300 Scoops	 0 Cards
Non-Rush Player:	  4 Scoops	 0 Cards
Non-Rush Player:	  8 Scoops	 0 Cards
Non-Rush Player:	  8 Scoops	 1 Cards

At this point, the Rush player realizes that he is the primary target for bumhole cards, and starts to dump scoops into cards.

Rush Player: 260 Scoops 10 Cards

Non-Rush Player: 4 Scoops 0 Cards

Non-Rush Player: 8 Scoops 0 Cards

Non-Rush Player: 0 Scoops 2 Cards

Non-Rush Player: 8 Scoops 1 Cards

Rush Player: 260 Scoops 10 Cards

Non-Rush Player: 4 Scoops 0 Cards

Non-Rush Player: 4 Scoops 1 Cards

Non-Rush Player: 0 Scoops 2 Cards

Non-Rush Player: 8 Scoops 1 Cards

He hits the 10 card limit. Looking at worse case scenario, one of the non-Rush players notices the sudden jump and purchases another card.

Rush Player:	260 Scoops	 2 Cards
Non-Rush Player:	  0 Scoops	 0 Cards
Non-Rush Player:	  0 Scoops	 1 Cards
Non-Rush Player:	  0 Scoops	 1 Cards

The Rush player realizes he has to play his cards in order to dump more scoops into cards. To keep things simple, we’re going to bumume that he pulled 10 Shotgun cards. Using those shotgun cards, he manages to reduce all other players to 0 scoops while still retaining cards (yes, in reality the bracket has more players, but that simply means he has to rinse-and-repeat over and over until either all players are 0 or he runs out of scoops).

Rush Player:	260 Scoops	 2 Cards

Again, sticking to worse case scenario, we will bumume that all of the non-Rush players are holding bumhole cards. Using all of the bumhole cards, they do damage against the Rush player. However, he still leads with cards and scoops. If someone manages to pull 4 scoops with all 4 visits tomorrow, then they either have to immediately dump all scoops into a card (which negates any possibilty of a medal), or run the risk of the Rush player carding those 4 scoops away again.

This is the backfire that I’m afraid will happen with a limit on cards, unless controls are put into place such as my suggestion that people reduced below a certain number of scoops earning automatic bumhole cards.

I can’t get the spacing in that one block of text to go away. It doesn’t look that way in edit or preview mode, only once I re-post it.

Bubo edited this message on 03/17/2008 6:29PM

jpsteel

Level 10 Emo Kid

Using such a big number in a smaller control group makes it harder yes but we could debate the different outcomes endlessly Log in to see images!

Anyhoo, until Vanilla gets fixed yes you are correct but I would still like to see a card limit.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

jp, add this suggestion to the sticky vanilla thread. If implemented after vanilla re-balancing, this would add a really cool and fun aspect to Dom card strategy! Log in to see images!

Corion

Level 32 Emo Kid

I lost at domination?! How could this happen to me?

There should be no limit on cards! Keep collecting them until the numbers become negative and/or you break your domination bracket!

If cards are going to be limited, scoops should be too.

I also think there should be some other way to get cards aside from trading in scoops.

Perhaps there could be some friendly domination cards? Or maybe bumhole should remove 10 scoops + a small percentage of the player’s total scoops, but also give them a domination card? I think the current system for gaining cards is a little boring compared to the system for gaining scoops.

It also sucks when you need to lose like 1-3 scoops for strategic reasons (but not 4 or more), or you’re that many short for a card.

One thing I’ve also noticed is that no matter what you do prior to the final hour or half-hour of domination, you’re pretty much going to lose if someone’s online right before the end of a round and you can’t be online, unless you have an incredible lead.

It would be nice if we could schedule domination cards or set trigger conditions for automatic usage of them.

Corion edited this message on 03/18/2008 2:58AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!