Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Macho New scoop flavor: I propose "Blood" scoops

jaycampbell

[The Flamers of Loa-
thing
]

Level 13 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Adding a new scoop flavor might help with balancing the competition aspect.

I propose “blood” flavored scoops, which are earned by taking or absorbing large amounts of damage while pwning a forum. This would aim to a troll’s strengths, just as lemon aims at camwhores. It would also give those poor, deluded re-re’s something to gun for, and match well with some of the emokids attacks.

A flavor that rewarded damage taking would pull some people out of endless speed runs in dentistry and fitness. It would replace the antifreeze mechanic that I think (in my limited experience) is almost entirely ignored. I think it would pull people into the harder forums, and provide a reward for that.

Thoughts, theories?

also: df spoghspe w85tu apriots sdfopi, they drop the bomb, he rides it down and the russian doomsday device goes off

Bubo

Level 18 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

jaycampbell Posted:

Adding a new scoop flavor might help with balancing the competition aspect.

I propose “blood” flavored scoops, which are earned by taking or absorbing large amounts of damage while pwning a forum. This would aim to a troll’s strengths, just as lemon aims at camwhores. It would also give those poor, deluded re-re’s something to gun for, and match well with some of the emokids attacks.

A flavor that rewarded damage taking would pull some people out of endless speed runs in dentistry and fitness. It would replace the antifreeze mechanic that I think (in my limited experience) is almost entirely ignored. I think it would pull people into the harder forums, and provide a reward for that.

Thoughts, theories?

I’m not sure that it would really help with the balancing aspect of the Vanilla complaints, especially with the Switcheroo usage that I described in the stickied Vanilla thread. However, I think that a scoop based on incoming damage would actually be quite fun, and support this idea!

I don’t think it would be as beneficial to Trolls as to Emokids, simply because a Troll’s strength is to mitigate the damage taken and it appears that you want to track the damage applied. It might work better for Trolls if it is based on damage to equipment than outright Ego hits, but that might give more benefit to CamWhores depending on how equipment damage is tracked.

I’m not sure about your comment regarding antifreeze, I earn antifreeze on a regular basis, and I know players who completely pwn the antifreeze mechanic.

Cherrypie

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

That sounds like something that could be *added* as an Antifreeze scoop (scoops gained by harmful player actions), and that’d make people gun for Coral Springs and Paranoia in order to rack up Antifreezes.

jaycampbell

[The Flamers of Loa-
thing
]

Level 13 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

I’m bumuming that vanilla nerfing is a given at this point. It’s fine if one flavor is the most popular, but when it outnumbers all the others, put together, by an order of magnitude or two….

I also think antifreeze will be next on the chopping block. Successful gambling is its own reward, and I doubt many people are suiciding except as required by plot points. But making this a mechanism for antifreeze would work too, I think.

I think the goal of the competition is to get people to spread out to different parts of the game. As more people “win” episode one, competition will be the only thing holding them here once the narrative is done.

Hulyen

[Team Shortbus]

Level 18 Camwhore

Literate Dork

Except of course, the knowledge that CZ’s working on ep.2… Log in to see images!

BTW, I think taking a lot of damage in a forum is an interesting idea for antifreeze. Would help some of the lower level players rack up a few scoops, too!

Escher

[SRSLY]

Level 10 Camwhore

really huge titty ****

Or, possibly, a “rainbow” scoop for using a certain number of consumables.

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

Well, most scoops have some kind of skill- notably lemon. pistachio and vanilla. Chcolate is only skillful in that you need to be creative. Antifreeze is the only one that isn’t really skill based but will require you to throw a match or bet your hard-earned flezz, so it has it’s price.

But using consumables really isn’t a talent. Afterall, you could just buy the lowest consumable and repeatedly use it in a forum. Granted, they would have to wait until the next day to buy more. I suppose there competativeness to it, but not overly difficult to earn. Unless it was based on ridiculously high number or on how much ego/secondary attribute has gone up ie: the bar would be set so you have to get a certain amount recovered to get the scoop-also a high number. The latter might prevent buying cheap consumables.

crovax1234

Avatar: 4582 2010-02-23 19:23:15 -0500

[Board of Directors]

Level 69 Troll

Gambling addict extraordinaire

Escher Posted:

Or, possibly, a “rainbow” scoop for using a certain number of consumables.

Neopolitan scoop, perchance?

Amp Zaphrix

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

You’re all wrong, ripple.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

I can see it working for when PVP is introduced, but until then…not really. Besides, ANYONE can easily earn Lemon scoops in weak forums like Denture Chat. Beyond that, all the other scoops are pretty neutral.

Escher

[SRSLY]

Level 10 Camwhore

really huge titty ****

Amp Zaphrix Posted:

You’re all wrong, ripple.

QFT.

And yeah, there’s the problem with the idea that low-level consumables could be spammed; but if one can already get an anti-freeze scoop by being willing to spend money, adding in another scoop that was money-dependent doesn’t seem too bad to me. It’s also anti-lemon – you can’t really do a speed run if you’re popping lots of consumables.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!