Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
News Vanilla scoops: USE THIS THREAD ONLY!

Corion

Level 32 Emo Kid

I lost at domination?! How could this happen to me?

I think there are too many scoop flavas, and/or some of the scoops are too difficult to obtain relative to others.

Please consider combining some scoop flavors or adding more ways to earn vanilla and antifreeze for the average player.

The rates for earning each should be similar depending on how much effort you put into it. It should also be possible to earn as many of one scoop in a day as it is for another. Earning 300 scoops in one day for any other flavor is nigh impossible, so it shouldn’t be possible for vanilla, especially considering how difficult they are to earn for solo players.

Earning antifreeze is too difficult for players with low flezz and too easy for players with high amounts of flezz. I think scoops should be equally easy to earn regardless of player level (once they hit 7 or so, maybe?) or spare flezz. Domination should be based more on strategy and individual effort, not level/clbum/flezz or guild size. Many problems would go away with separate Klan/individual Domination.

I also think it would be interesting if there were ways to earn a random scoop.

Skyreal

Level 24 Camwhore

“The Lady is a Tramp”

I think the switcheroo card should just be removed.

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

Skyreal Posted:

I think the switcheroo card should just be removed.

The Switcheroo card is the primary basis for my Min Scoop strategy, so, I politely disagree.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Acid Flux Posted:

The Switcheroo card is the primary basis for my Min Scoop strategy, so, I politely disagree.

I think the Switcheroo card is the primary basis for any Min Scoop strategy.

maddsurgeon

Level 21 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

Corion Posted:

Earning antifreeze is too difficult for players with low flezz and too easy for players with high amounts of flezz. I think scoops should be equally easy to earn regardless of player level (once they hit 7 or so, maybe?) or spare flezz.

Low/high flezz is an extremely relative concept. Look at today’s leaderboard:

http://www.forumwarz.com/leaderboard/flezz?page=1

134K is the highest, which makes 1K a pittance in context. It’s not that hard to rack up money after you’ve beat the game, which most people do in about a week. I didn’t even look at domination until this week, because I was still busy building my character/scrolling storyline.

I think anyone who is interested in doing so will find the flezz to “buy” antifreeze.

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

Hooper_X Posted:

I don’t really care how it gets fixed, but I’m against the idea that there’s “klan” and “no klan” Domination brackets, insofar as I’m part of a clan, but it’s not a competitive one, more of just “here are some jerks who post on a particular site.” Of course, that adds another wrinkle of “competitive” and “noncompetitive” clans, but I figure the admin are smart enough to figure something out.

The idea I submitted for separating Domination into Klan & Personal didn’t meant that a Klan had to choose whether they were Competing or Non-Competing, but simply that each flavor of scoop could be acquire either through Personal Efforts or Klan Efforts, and that the Personal Scoops counted for the Domination rounds that we are currently familiar with, and the Klan Scoops (Or Klan Skoops) would count for the Klan-Level Domination. In Klan Domination, entire Klans compete against each other. FoL versus SotQR versus FF versus Facepunch. In this situation, for example, the Vanilla Rush only adds to the Klan Dom round, not the individual player. The Klan Admin is in charge of how to use the Skoops and decides which type of trophy to go after, or when to buy Dom Cards, etc. Individual players could still earn Personal Scoops if they contribute to their Klan, but there would be a cap on that so it wouldn’t unbalance regular Dom Rounds.

Each of the other flavors that currently only generates personal scoops could be modified so that there would be a way to add scoops to the Klan total. For example, if a player gets at least 1 Lemon Scoop for 4 consecutive forum visits, then his Klan gets 3 Lemon Skoops. If he does 8 in a row, his Klan gets another 3 Lemon Skoops, and so on. Or something to that effect. Perhaps if Klan members speedrun forums in a row, say, the last 15 forum visits by a single Klan all earned Lemon Scoops, then the Klan earns a certain number of Lemon Skoops.

The basis of the idea is there, and I think by separating Personal Scoops & Klan Skoops, this would solve a lot of issues. It also allows for more dynamics on both levels. If an individual player is losing badly on their Personal Domination, they can shift focus and try to help the Klan. Perhaps the Admins of winning Klans can grant certain awards to top performers, sort of a loyalty bonus.

I think this opens a better way to structure the Domination part of the game.

Skyreal

Level 24 Camwhore

“The Lady is a Tramp”

n00b65 Posted:

I think the Switcheroo card is the primary basis for any Min Scoop strategy.

Addendum: it’s the primary basis for any good minimum scoop strategy.

Amp Zaphrix

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

There’s a bad kind?

Skyreal

Level 24 Camwhore

“The Lady is a Tramp”

Yup. You ever seen someone with one of each scoop and a bunch of cards?

Skyreal edited this message on 03/18/2008 9:55PM

Cherrypie

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Trying to raise your scoops solely with Modest Improvement and thieving.

Skyreal Posted:

Yup. You ever seen someone with one of each scoop and a bunch of cards?

That sounds like someone charging their a-hole Lazer

Cherrypie edited this message on 03/18/2008 9:57PM

Skyreal

Level 24 Camwhore

“The Lady is a Tramp”

Cherrypie Posted:

They’re going to a-hole you down to what, 5 scoops?

Amp Zaphrix

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Cherrypie Posted:

Trying to raise your scoops solely with Modest Improvement and thieving.

So, in other words… they have diarrhea?

Funcdizzi

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 20 Camwhore

Master of Sex and Voodoo

Remove bumhole cards from the deck. Any player who can normally play an bumhole card (bottom player or scoops<4) may play any of their cards as an bumhole. That’ll melt the vanilla in a hurry.

Cherrypie

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

All I know is, if the people who doesn’ goes into raids keep getting so many scoops — Imean, damn, two of them blasted me >.>;; And I’m a fellow clannie. I’m starting to think they don’ know what to do with so much Vanilla, or worse, they know exactly what to do.

Skyreal

Level 24 Camwhore

“The Lady is a Tramp”

Then maybe they shouldn’t be in your klan? I mean, if they’re going to just blast you with scoops you earned for them… Log in to see images!

Cherrypie

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

I like to believe its an isolated event. If it’s not, let’s say I’m really starting to look fowards to the individual / clan scoop separation.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Funcdizzi Posted:

Remove bumhole cards from the deck. Any player who can normally play an bumhole card (bottom player or scoops<4) may play any of their cards as an bumhole. That’ll melt the vanilla in a hurry.

Oh hell, marry me!

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

Cripes, someone from the FoL either just joined our team or was there before and not bothering to play.

God, I hope it’s the latter.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

As expected, we are nerfing Vanilla a bit. We read through this entire thread and some of the suggestions were great. You’ll have to to understand though that we’re trying to solve many problems at once here, and one big one is development time required to implement a solution.

These solutions are small, but I think should have a noticeable effect. As always, if it’s not enough we’ll continue to adjust things as time goes on.

Here’s what we’re doing, should be live tonight after this week’s Domination round ends unless I get hit by a bus or something:

The sisterhood’s 300+ scoop raid was definitely impressive, but nobody honestly has a fighting chance when another player in their round has 300 scoops. At that point it becomes a purely sisterhood race to the top. Reducing the reward to one scoop will mean their reward would be in the 100 range. That number is still high enough to make raids worth doing I hope, but not so insanely high that it guarantees people can’t compete with you.

I’ve been told that the 300+ raid was done with somewhere in the range of 20-25 people. Since that Klan has over 100 members, that means that a lot of people got a huge amount of scoops for doing nothing. Obviously this throws a lot of unbalanced vanilla into the domination economy and we can do something about it.

The plan is to add a new tab, “Raids” to the Klan section. On it, a klan administrator or officer can start a raid which will start a 2 hour countdown. At that point, members have to join the raid on the same tab.

Only the members who have opted into the raid party will receive the vanilla scoops, so it’s important that everyone who participates does it!

Klan admins and officers can also kick out members who aren’t pulling their weight.

The raid will automatically end after 2 hours, and for now there will be no limit to the size of your raid party or how many raids you can run in a week.

That’s it for what we plan to deploy tonight.

BRING ON THE CRITICISM!

Lust

[The Knights of LOL]

Level 18 Camwhore

Tubmail me for free flezz!! More mails = more flezz

Evil Trout Posted:

The plan is to add a new tab, “Raids” to the Klan section. On it, a klan administrator or officer can start a raid which will start a 2 hour countdown. At that point, members have to join the raid on the same tab.

Only the members who have opted into the raid party will receive the vanilla scoops, so it’s important that everyone who participates does it!

Klan admins and officers can also kick out members who aren’t pulling their weight.

BRING ON THE CRITICISM!

After we kick them once, they can’t just rejoin, right? Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!