Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
News Vanilla scoops: USE THIS THREAD ONLY!

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

male reproductive organ Liquor Posted:

I’m bumping this because discussion needs to be going. Right now I can do all the gambling, speeding and consecutive pwning in the world, but it doesn’t help me. I’m not competing with people who get free scoops for clicking a link at the correct time.

Alts are also way overpowered in this respect, meaning people can basically buy medals. Just the other day I had a test run for solo klan vanilla: very doable, and free scoops for non-participating alts. This is bull****. Nerf it.

Prior to last night, you may have had me agreeing that there should be a tweak in the vanilla system, but with more forums and less turnover, these raids aren’t pulling in anywhere near the scoops they used to.

Brainfreeze raided for *8* hours last night. (Yes, that’s an 8) Those that were there for the whole thing pulled in more than a few scoops, but they worked their bumES off for it. That’s a full workday for most people. Once upon a time, the same number of people with the same number of visits could have pulled that off in 2-3 hours, but turnover sucks with all these forums available.

As for non-participating alts – I don’t see that as an issue. If they really wanted to maximize their scoops, they’d use the alt visits. If the alt gets the scoops without participating, they’re losing additional scoop counts – but the player still put in effort (ideally), even if only on one character.

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

I’m just posting in here to say how pleased I am with the alt-klan raid i pulled off tonight. While it’s not much, i netted 12 scoops from 3.5 alts with 12 visits each. one of my reres in training helped at the very end, thus the .5

The free scoops are fabulous, and my alts got a bunch from speedrunning the initial twelve, plus pistachios, plus solo vanillas since there were so few players.

I had two computers going at once, side by side. I got a headache from it but it was worth it as a learning experience.

Velveteen

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

thats an awful lot of effort for 12 scoops.

The Grinning-
Man

[Good Omens]

Level 37 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Velveteen Posted:

thats an awful lot of effort for 12 scoops.

Sometimes proving to yourself that you can do it is as much fun as the material reward…

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

The Grinning Man Posted:

Sometimes proving to yourself that you can do it is as much fun as the material reward…

Exactly.

And now that I’ve had a bit of experience, next time it will work better and likely return more scoops.

Plus it’s another 12 scoops tubs didn’t have before. Plus I’m resting off a bad headcold so I haven’t had anything better to do. Log in to see images!

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Well I for one congratulate you. I know how awesome it feels to get solo vanilla scoops, so to get klan ones all by yourself must feel extra-awesome. Good job!

Bauzer

Avatar: 14338 Sat Jan 03 15:31:28 -0500 2009

Level 36 Emo Kid

this is getting ridiculous BTW.

Cap vanilla scoops.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

We have a cap on antifreeze, lemon and pistachio. I’d much rather see any number of options before another cap. A time restriction forcing a certain wait time before a person can join another raid, limit to the number of participants, a condition check requiring that a player actually hold one of the 12 forums in order to receive a scoop, an increase for solo vanilla . . . there are simply better options. A hard cap on vanilla brings the entire game down to sheer luck. Log in to see images!

Rhumor

Avatar: 47719 Fri Oct 17 18:19:46 -0400 2008

Level 35 Hacker

GUNSHOTTA YO MOMMA. BLOKKA! BLOKKA!

heres the gamble.

if nothing is done there will be a giant rift in the DOM boards… those that play for the RP value (like me) and those that play for competitive DOM raids (like Brainfreeze). If this is truly what the admin wants then so be it, but the rift will be there even wider than it is today. People that arent a part of these type of DOM klans will simply not compete in DOM anymoar.

There will indeed be competition in DOM among these types of Klans, probabaly moarso when EP2 sarts and moar klans become active in the DOM raids. And we will be talking boards where everybody needs to have at least 65 cards or moar even have a chance at winning.

As an active member of Flamebate for over 5 months i can tell you that some people are having even less motivation to play the game because of this.

So either cap it, fix it somehow, or watch my prediction come true.

im just sayin.

EDIT: and yes i wasnt paying attention to my alts this is AAHZ. LOL

Rhumor edited this message on 06/15/2008 8:06AM

Echuu

Avatar: 6433 Tue Jul 21 22:01:07 -0400 2009

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 20 Troll

You made Vader snobby.

You don’t have to do one or the either, i troll around on the boards (1100+ posts) and raid / play dom(not so much these last couple of weeks due to work and bad dom ending time). But it might be true, problem is there is too little to do after ep1, theres dom, flamebate and incit(boring). If there were more options people could ignore part of the game. There are more simple fixes but I’m quite happy with the current state of the game.

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

scullyangel Posted:

a condition check requiring that a player actually hold one of the 12 forums in order to receive a scoop

This. No more scoops by leaving the comp on while auto-refreshing a link. Wouldn’t solve everything by itself but it’s better than the current situation by a long shot.

Also boohoo no more free scoops for meLog in to see images!

Snake Eyes

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Camwhore

GAIA RULES!

of course you are, echuu, you are in Brainfreeze and got over 200 vanilla scoops last raid Log in to see images! Snake Eyes edited this message on 06/15/2008 8:17AM

Echuu

Avatar: 6433 Tue Jul 21 22:01:07 -0400 2009

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 20 Troll

You made Vader snobby.

Snake Eyes Posted:

of course you are, echuu, you are in Brainfreeze and got over 200 vanilla scoops last raid Log in to see images!

haha, perhaps a bit biased Log in to see images!

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Rhumor Posted:

People that arent a part of these type of DOM klans will simply not compete in DOM anymoar.

That isn’t the real problem, those players do not have to compete with klan players for very long anyway. Again, I will say that nothing has really changed over the last month, it is all just a lot more noticeable because everyone got smashed in together with the reset of the season. 4 weeks down the line, the more casual players will not be competing with the klan psychos, the psychos will have all medaled up.

This doesn’t mean that I don’t think a change is needed, I just don’t think it has anything to do with the type of Domination player. Klan or solo, aggressive players are always going to annoy the crap out of the more casual – I think that goes for all areas of any game.

Veer

Avatar: 2059 Thu Nov 13 08:18:14 -0500 2008

[Team Shortbus]

Level 32 Troll

my only complaint is that you people are happy

I propose adding in a cooldown between Start Raid, so you can’t raid for several hours straight by just reclicking the bumon.

markchd

Avatar: 12369 2010-01-24 16:26:11 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

Craves Power like it's Crystal Pepsi

Veer Posted:

I propose adding in a cooldown between Start Raid, so you can’t raid for several hours straight by just reclicking the bumon.

Maybe I don’t get it, but won’t that mean daily raids?

Vuron

Avatar: 4928 2011-07-31 00:39:10 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Emo Kid

Vile serpent! I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

It’s pretty obvious that the sheer mbum of klan vanilla overpowers any other elements of domination. It really doesn’t matter how fast your speedruns are, how creative your forumbuildr submissions are, how much gambling you can get done if you aren’t getting close to the same amount of klan vanilla that other peole in your bracket are getting you are outta luck.

I can understand rewarding cooperative play I just think it’s a bad design to make cooperative play scoops uncapped while most of the singular play scoops are capped. Yes chocolate is not currently capped but as far as I can tell few people are getting anywhere near 200 chocolate scoops in a given week. That is to say chocolate has never been perceived to be a problem with domination. Anti-freeze and vanilla have been consistently mentioned as significant problems and reasons why people quit playing.

Now if you want domination to be focused around rewarding established klans then keep the system as it is currently. However if you want a more inclusive rather than exclusive game then I definitely recommend limiting the power of vanilla.

NOT Evil Tro-
ut

[Brainfreeze]

Level 21 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

Vuron Posted:

It’s pretty obvious that the sheer mbum of klan vanilla overpowers any other elements of domination. It really doesn’t matter how fast your speedruns are, how creative your forumbuildr submissions are, how much gambling you can get done if you aren’t getting close to the same amount of klan vanilla that other peole in your bracket are getting you are outta luck.

I can understand rewarding cooperative play I just think it’s a bad design to make cooperative play scoops uncapped while most of the singular play scoops are capped. Yes chocolate is not currently capped but as far as I can tell few people are getting anywhere near 200 chocolate scoops in a given week. That is to say chocolate has never been perceived to be a problem with domination. Anti-freeze and vanilla have been consistently mentioned as significant problems and reasons why people quit playing.

Now if you want domination to be focused around rewarding established klans then keep the system as it is currently. However if you want a more inclusive rather than exclusive game then I definitely recommend limiting the power of vanilla.

While I can’t argue with the fact that klans have a substantial advantage in domination, I really do enjoy a good raid. I keep coming back to the idea of splitting domination into groups which allow and disallow klan vanilla. I don’t know if an option for whether to allow klan vanilla should be presented each time you are bumigned a team or if being in a klan should cause you to be bumign/moved to a klan vanilla bracket, but I really like my toy. Please, don’t take it away.

NOT Evil Trout edited this message on 06/15/2008 3:53PM

Goth_Jesus

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

NOT Evil Trout Posted:

While I can’t argue with the fact that klans have a substantial advantage in domination, I really do enjoy a good raid. I keep coming back to the idea of splitting domination into groups which allow and disallow klan vanilla. I don’t know if an option for whether to allow klan vanilla should be presented each time you are bumigned a team or if being in a klan should cause you to be bumign/moved to a klan vanilla bracket, but I really like my toy. Please, don’t take it away.

I didn’t realize Antifreeze was a serious raiding guild. Be that as it may, would you raid even if you didn’t get vanilla? If you enjoy it so much…

Veer Posted:

Then, instead of a 6-hour raid one night, there will be 2-hour raids on 3 days, and anyone who attends all 3 will still get the same amount of vanilla.

scullyangel Posted:

4 weeks down the line, the more casual players will not be competing with the klan psychos, the psychos will have all medaled up.

To be fair, one person with a handful of alts will still have at least one character in a low-medal, or even unmedaled, bracket, and will still be able to dominate.

Goth_Jesus edited this message on 06/15/2008 7:02PM

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

Goth_Jesus Posted:

Then, instead of a 6-hour raid one night, there will be 2-hour raids on 3 days, and anyone who attends all 3 will still get the same amount of vanilla.

But it might make it easier for other klans to raid. Instead of them either waiting for another klan’s 6+ hour raid to finish, or attempt to shoe horn their way in and hope that they ever get 12 forums before their visits run out.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!