Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
News Vanilla scoops: USE THIS THREAD ONLY!

windandwater

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Evil Trout Posted:

Yup, I just pushed it. New vanilla rules are in effect.

You work pretty fast. Log in to see images!

markchd

Avatar: 12369 2010-01-24 16:26:11 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

Craves Power like it's Crystal Pepsi

warning Posted:

Are you sure you want to forcibly remove that player from the raid? If you do, they won’t be able to join again.

I think I saw this answered, but I couldn’t find it.

Will removed players be able to join future raids?

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Evil Trout Posted:

If you kick someone out of the raid party they can’t join again until the next raid, so be choosy about using that link

markchd

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

Thanks. Why do non-officers have a remove player link? It doesn’t work, but it frightened people.

Edit: The remove link does work if you are an officer, however.

markchd edited this message on 03/20/2008 12:39AM

MAGICBEAR

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

An idea, of which I’m not dying to have, but may help FW, is to boost the scoops for solo runs. Not only does this change domination to help non-klannists, but it would have the side-effect that more people would be trying to log on at odd hours. Thus spreading the load on the FW servers, and removing some of the peaks that kill it.

This has nothing to do with the fact that I have insomnia and would be one of the ones to benefit most… Log in to see images!

conichiua

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

I have a question here:

Suppose that 8 Raid members are owning 8 forums at the same time. But suppose that there are 4 other Klan members, also owning other different forums (name it coincidence…Log in to see images!, but they haven’t joined the raid.

The way I understand it, those last 4 members won’t get a Vanilla scoop, but the question is: Will the other 8 members get a Vanilla scoop?

DarkhawkX

[NeoGAF]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

So are half the active players in FoL or SotQR now?

Cherrypie

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

conichiua Posted:

I have a question here:

Suppose that 8 Raid members are owning 8 forums at the same time. But suppose that there are 4 other Klan members, also owning other different forums (name it coincidence…Log in to see images!, but they haven’t joined the raid.

The way I understand it, those last 4 members won’t get a Vanilla scoop, but the question is: Will the other 8 members get a Vanilla scoop?

Dont think so, but we could try to spade that.

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

Based off the description, I think they would. If your Klan gets 12 forums, and you’re in the raid group, you get scoops, right?

Pumpkinburger

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Question: does the amount of scoops earned scale in comparison to the raid size, or is it fixed at 1 per 12 forums?

A group of 20 can accomplish 12 forums easy, but what if it’s a raid group of 4 players?

They would be working much harder for their 12 forums, and I was wondering if the scoops would reflect that…

Pumpkinburger edited this message on 03/20/2008 5:25PM

markchd

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

It’s a good question. If you don’t get the scoops for forums your klan hold, but your “team” doesn’t, we could use an update of the domination tab.

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

What’s been done to address the ”Pwned 12 forums (Forums A thru L), Lost control over forum A, Pwn Forum M for a ‘new’ string of 12 forums” granting another set of scoops? If 12-11-12’ flaw is still in existence, then Vanilla raids are still going to be too powerful.

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

Wow, giving up Lemons and Pistachios and lots of your time isn’t enough? You think that it should be 1 scoop for each member participating with 3 full days of visits?

paco650

Level 13 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

/R/ **** SCOOPS PLZ SEND ME UR FLEZZ

MZB

Level 33 Emo Kid

“Zorba the Bleak”

I think this might have been suggested before, but i’m going to suggest it again:

When you are put into a Domination team, I think players in klans and solo players should be in separate teams. I just think this would make Domination more enjoyable for solo players like myself when you don’t have the possibility of one or two klan members in your team ruining your chances of winning any medals if they take part in a vanilla raid.

For example, last round i’m happy that I managed to win a medal – I guess I got lucky because I do remember a player in my Domination team from one of the bigger klans, and I guess that person didn’t take part in a raid, but if they did, I or any of the other players wouldn’t have stood a chance.

This week i’m now in a team where the majority of players are in the big klans on here – some from the Sisterhood and the Flamers – and that sucks because I or any of the other solo players don’t really stand a chance – unless none of those players take part in a raid this week, but that won’t happen.

I’ve noticed some leaderboards are separated between solo players and klan players (eg. there’s ‘Most forums pwned’ and ‘Most forums pwned (klan)’ ), I wonder why Domination isn’t separated too.

Anyway, it’s just a suggestion, other than that I think the other changes so far are really good, and it’s nice to see the devs care so much Log in to see images!

– Matthew.

MZB edited this message on 03/30/2008 8:42AM

Dumbledore_D-
ies

[Random Insanity]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Also players in nerd klans and lazy klans who can’t organize raids should be separated.

rohina

[Fighting bumolinos]

Level 10 Troll

Queen of Mean

Well, my klan got it together to do a raid, but we only had 5 people participating, so it was actually really difficult to get the vanilla scoops. We did get a modest few, but it’s not that much fun to make a huge effort when you find yourself and your 4 scoops competing against people who can apparently get thousands of scoops a week.

I think seeding Domination players would be a nice idea; not by Klan, necessarily.

Westside Wiz-
ard

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Deplorable

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

It may not be too profitable, but people who aren’t in klans can’t really see who’s beaten what when, not in the nice combined regular/forumbuildr Domination table klanned people have to organize vanilla raids (not that I can see anyway, beyond making/joining a klan for that specific purpose). Not really necessary when you only need the 4, but still, add it anyway.

Robert James-
Fischer

Avatar: 43618 Wed Jul 08 18:15:24 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

World Chess Champion

I’m bumping this because discussion needs to be going. Right now I can do all the gambling, speeding and consecutive pwning in the world, but it doesn’t help me. I’m not competing with people who get free scoops for clicking a link at the correct time.

Alts are also way overpowered in this respect, meaning people can basically buy medals. Just the other day I had a test run for solo klan vanilla: very doable, and free scoops for non-participating alts. This is bull****. Nerf it.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!