Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
News Vanilla scoops: USE THIS THREAD ONLY!

Escher

[SRSLY]

Level 10 Camwhore

really huge titty ****

I heartily endorse and/or approve of these changes.

While adding oneself to a raid opens itself to abuse, even if it’s fully abused it’s no worse a situation than we have now.

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

Evil Trout Posted:

The sisterhood’s 300+ scoop raid was definitely impressive, but nobody honestly has a fighting chance when another player in their round has 300 scoops. At that point it becomes a purely sisterhood race to the top.

Well, that’s not strictly true. Right now the Flamers have 3x our members, so even with a “mere” 150 scoop raid, they out-vanilla-ed us overall. And believe me, we’ve been feeling the sting of those bumholes. But the one-scoop change will impact them exactly as much, so it’s still cool and makes things better for those un-raid-clanned people.

I’ve been told that the 300+ raid was done with somewhere in the range of 20-25 people. Since that Klan has over 100 members, that means that a lot of people got a huge amount of scoops for doing nothing. Obviously this throws a lot of unbalanced vanilla into the domination economy and we can do something about it.

The plan is to add a new tab, “Raids” to the Klan section. On it, a klan administrator or officer can start a raid which will start a 2 hour countdown. At that point, members have to join the raid on the same tab.

Only the members who have opted into the raid party will receive the vanilla scoops, so it’s important that everyone who participates does it!

Klan admins and officers can also kick out members who aren’t pulling their weight.

Sweet!

The raid will automatically end after 2 hours, and for now there will be no limit to the size of your raid party or how many raids you can run in a week.

Can we have the raid be optionally extended by an officer one time per raid for an extra hour or something? With 30 members, you can conceivably spend like 80 minutes raiding. Add on time for people to check in beforehand, that’s up to an hour and a half already. If a Klan gets more participation, or has to delay by 30-60 minutes for some reason, I think it’s lame that people will lose scoops and time trying to get a new raid timer up and running.

Wyrd

Avatar: 2782 2011-10-31 19:56:49 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Camwhore

I tried to get over myself, but I'm just too awesome!

I also heartily approve of these brilliant changes and agree with the above post by Sancdar. In particular that first bit mentioning us, except for the “mere”, of course. Log in to see images! Wyrd edited this message on 03/19/2008 12:53PM

Cherrypie

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

I for one welcome our new alien overlords.

... what? Oh yea, and fully agree with the new Vanilla Raid system. 2 hours should be time enough, even if because no one can stand raiding for longer.

Cherrypie edited this message on 03/19/2008 12:43PM

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

Maybe you guys can’t keep it up that long, but we ladies can just keep coming and coming Log in to see images!

Cherrypie

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Sancdar Posted:

Maybe you guys can’t keep it up that long, but we ladies can just keep coming and coming Log in to see images!

I’d like to see proof of that. Log in to see images!

Bubo

Level 18 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

Cherrypie Posted:

I’d like to see proof of that. Log in to see images!

Subscribe to the Pay Per View then!

Seriously though, I think 2 hours right now is plenty of time, but it would be nice to have the option to extend.

Also, I don’t know if the new tool allows them to do so, but please allow the Klan/Raid Admin the opportunity to review and remove players from the Raid list for at least half an hour to an hour after the Raid officially ends. During the raid things are very hectic, and if a Raid does last the full 2 hours, then the Admins may not have a chance to review and remove inappropriate members.

Cherrypie

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

If that becomes a problem, I believe what *really* must be done is extend Raid Time to 3 hours, and the Raidmaster being able to make invite-only raids (the extra hour is for preparation, waiting people arrive, briefing, etc etc etc)

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

This sounds like a great start! I think klan vanilla is still going to be awfully strong compared to what a solo player can do, but here is to hoping I’m wrong.

Wyrd

Avatar: 2782 2011-10-31 19:56:49 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Camwhore

I tried to get over myself, but I'm just too awesome!

Perhaps increase solo vanilla to 2 or 3 scoops upon pwning 4 forums? The most scoops you can get from 12 visits then would be 18 or 27 vanilla scoops, much closer to the 36 lemon scoops one could get with those 12 visits and nice for those not in (raiding) klans.

Vuron

Avatar: 4928 2011-07-31 00:39:10 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Emo Kid

Vile serpent! I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Wyrd Posted:

Perhaps increase solo vanilla to 2 or 3 scoops upon pwning 4 forums? The most scoops you can get from 12 visits then would be 18 or 27 vanilla scoops, much closer to the 36 lemon scoops one could get with those 12 visits and nice for those not in (raiding) klans.

I think this would definitely be a decent idea as it would allow solo players and klan members in non-standard time zones to have a decent chance of netting a small number of vanilla scoops. Combined with speed runs and pistachio loops a good solo player would likely be able to at least consistently compete for min scoops.

I also wouldn’t mind there still being a 3 scoop bonus if your clan can pwn 24 forums simultaneous instead of the current 12. That way there would be an incentive to organize big, risky raids.

Lust

[The Knights of LOL]

Level 18 Camwhore

Tubmail me for free flezz!! More mails = more flezz

Vuron Posted:

I think this would definitely be a decent idea as it would allow solo players and klan members in non-standard time zones to have a decent chance of netting a small number of vanilla scoops. Combined with speed runs and pistachio loops a good solo player would likely be able to at least consistently compete for min scoops.

I also wouldn’t mind there still being a 3 scoop bonus if your clan can pwn 24 forums simultaneous instead of the current 12. That way there would be an incentive to organize big, risky raids.

No.

A) Upping the scoop # from solo raids would make klan raids completely meaningless, because we’re generally giving up lemons and pistachioes when we raid as a klan, but when you’re soloing vanillas you get lemons and pistachioes as well.

B) 3 scoop bonus would be an incentive for.. oh gee, what stupidly mbumive klans do we know that can supply 30-40 people per raid? Log in to see images!

Vuron

Avatar: 4928 2011-07-31 00:39:10 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Emo Kid

Vile serpent! I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Lust Posted:

No.

A) Upping the scoop # from solo raids would make klan raids completely meaningless, because we’re generally giving up lemons and pistachioes when we raid as a klan, but when you’re soloing vanillas you get lemons and pistachioes as well.

Until we see how the new changes impact the domination standings I’m not sure you can definitely say that increasing solo white scoop rewards would nullify the advantage in klan raiding. If we bumume that anti-freeze gets nerfed sometime soon there should be some balancing mechanism that keep solo players viable in domination.

B) 3 scoop bonus would be an incentive for.. oh gee, what stupidly mbumive klans do we know that can supply 30-40 people per raid? Log in to see images!

Honestly given the size of FoL why do you bumume that we can routinely organize and field mega-raids? It seems that after a certain point you reach a point of diminishing returns (more raiders=more disorganization) I’m not saying that the idea is without flaws (both FoL and the Sisterhood could probably accomplish it) but it seems that trying to own all the standard and forumbuildr forums simultaneously would be a more difficult and possibly more risky task thus might warrant a premium.

markchd

Avatar: 12369 2010-01-24 16:26:11 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

Craves Power like it's Crystal Pepsi

Lust Posted:

I know what klan! Ooh! Ohh!

(It’s us, isn’t is?)

Edit: I meant both of us, but I wasn’t very clear about it.

markchd edited this message on 03/19/2008 5:11PM

Bubo

Level 18 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

markchd Posted:

I know what klan! Ooh! Ohh!

(It’s us, isn’t is?)

Well, it could also be us as well, and there are theoretically 14 klans that could pull it off. However, I think we are the two in the spotlight.

funkytowel

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Evil Trout Posted:

[/b]

Reworking how vanilla raids works and then cutting the rewards to a third of what it was sounds pretty risky.

Lets see how it works out first but this update might just nerf vanilla runs into oblivion Log in to see images!

crovax1234

Avatar: 4582 2010-02-23 19:23:15 -0500

[Board of Directors]

Level 69 Troll

Gambling addict extraordinaire

I wouldn’t think it would nerf the runs into oblivion. Considering your 360-scoop run would still lead to 120 scoops, that’s still a hell of a lot better than the 36+(at most)24 you could get for chaining 16, 20, and 24 forums with 3 lemons on each. I expect Antifreeze to be next on the chopping block.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

I just put the finishing touches on the new raid tab. I’ll launch it tonight, sometime after this round of domination ends, maybe a couple of hours later depending on how things go.

I think it works pretty well. It’s just a big bumon to get it started, then any member can join in with no hbumle.

If you kick someone out of the raid party they can’t join again until the next raid, so be choosy about using that link Log in to see images!

P.S. I wont be around when Domination ends tonight, so if something goes wrong be patient for an hour or two! I’m pretty sure everything is running smoothly though.

Evil Trout edited this message on 03/19/2008 7:28PM

markchd

Avatar: 12369 2010-01-24 16:26:11 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

Craves Power like it's Crystal Pepsi

Is it up yet?

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Yup, I just pushed it. New vanilla rules are in effect.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!