Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Gay Jew Couple Feels Violated

sexpest

Level 11 Hacker

“Ohacku”

I seriously doubt this has anything to do with religion, in reality. Think about, the infrared sensor on the security light is basically there to allow it to see people. So, the Jews go out, the light spots them and turns itself on. I don’t understand why this is different to their neighbour being a tad eccentric, standing outside their house all night and shining a bright lamp at anyone who comes too near.

More likely, I’ll wager, is that the neighbour has installed a ten gazillion candlepower lamp and for whatever reason, the Jews dislike it ( I have some sympathy here, I dislike badly sited security lamps myself ). Rather than discuss this like adults and compromise, at least one party is being childish and refusing to find a solution. So the Jews have decided to use some bull**** trumped up legal excuse to bash the neighbour into doing what they want. It happens all the time in the UK.

BloodyDemise

Avatar: 121820 2010-06-13 01:05:56 -0400

[Throne of Blood]

Level 60 Emo Kid

“Final Cut Pro”

Cat Cat Phony Posted:

From Wikipedia – “Many rabbinical scholars have pointed out that these regulations of labor have something in common—they prohibit any activity that is creative, or that exercises control or dominion over one’s environment.”]

Is it just me, or does that prohibit p much everything?

Daniel Plain-
view

Avatar: 88291 Thu Apr 23 15:39:59 -0400 2009

[Arse Ticklers fabulous persons Fanclub]

Level 47 Emo Kid

I look at people and I see nothing worth liking.

And we thought fundie Christians and Muslims were bad…

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

BloodyDemise Posted:

Is it just me, or does that prohibit p much everything?

Yes. You can’t do ANYTHING on Sabbath. Not even cook. They make everything the day before.

Halo

Level 34 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

i for one feel that there should be a 24/7 ban on lighting around this woman

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

Shii Posted:

Yes. You can’t do ANYTHING on Sabbath. Not even cook. They make everything the day before.

But thanks to the sabbath mode on many modern ovens, you can keep food warm all day! Sabbath mode on appliances is hilarious, by the way. It’s like orthodox Jews are all trolling by being rules lawyers.

phantom_glee

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Sancdar Posted:

Sabbath mode

Is scaring me.

From Wikipedia: Those who feel that hitting the keypad closes a switch (and that completing a circuit is not allowed) do have other options, such as the “Tweaker” which was featured on the Torah Technologies web site[1] that emulates old manual ovens by adding a knob that confuses the accurate temperature measurement in a beneficial fashion.

phantom_glee edited this message on 08/01/2009 9:59PM

Skyman747

Avatar: 115546 2015-08-12 18:58:09 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

DIRTY ****ING fine upstanding member of society woman's genitals

Shii Posted:

Oy Vey, I thought you were exaggerating. Forget about the fact you can’t tie a knot, you can’t even put out a fire unless someone’s life is at risk? Sabbath is very srs bsns.

Cheins Sanch-
ez

Avatar: 64305 2015-06-13 02:49:05 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 36 Troll

Rex Sacrorum

I hope they win the lawsuit.

dobnits

Avatar: 58842 2010-01-24 16:19:10 -0500

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

THE LEGENDARY PINK DOBS

Shii Posted:

If that’s the case why do they even have to go outside on the Sabbath?

That said…

ALL religious fundamentalists (herein referred to as extremists) from the three big Abrahamic religions (Christians, Muslim, Judaism) are, putting it bluntly, toxic to society as a whole, and give other followers of their bumociated religion and, I daresay, religion as a practice a bad rap. Unfortunately, as is the case with people giving groups a bad name, THEY are the only ones you ever hear about.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

dobnits Posted:

If that’s the case why do they even have to go outside on the Sabbath?

To get to synagogue, I believe.

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

MC Banhammer Posted:

To get to synagogue, I believe.

Traveling sounds like a lot of work to me, especially when you have to start up a car engine and what not. Or if you don’t of course you may have to hike for 3-4 hours that day. Busy busy busy…

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

I WONDER HOW MANY PLACES HAVE A HIGH ORTHODOX JEW COUNT THAT ISN’T WITHIN FOUR MILES OF A SYNAGOGUE. I DOUBT IT IS REALLY THAT common.

skadu

Level 29 Camwhore

“Playmate of the Month”

The Colemans have offered to pay for an override switch to disable the light sensors during the Sabbath.

But the Embbumy Court Management Company – which represents all residents and whose three directors also live in the block – said this would set an ‘unacceptable precedent’.

Important part being bold:

The Colemans have offered to pay (...) But the Embbumy Court Management Company said this would set an ‘unacceptable precedent’

So there.

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

That’s how you know it’s a bull**** story, orthodox Jews offering to pay for something.

Everybodykno-
ws

[Sisterhood of the -
Quivering Rose
]

Level 30 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

Shii Posted:

and yet they feel trapped by a light in the hallway….

Dunatis Posted:

Traveling sounds like a lot of work to me, especially when you have to start up a car engine and what not. Or if you don’t of course you may have to hike for 3-4 hours that day. Busy busy busy…

remember that bit about “creating fire”? all modern engines run either on internal combustion or electricity (which they were afraid of with turning on the lights). and even if that weren’t the case, there are electronic components to every car nowadays. I’m guessing they walk.

Everybodyknows edited this message on 08/06/2009 4:30AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!