Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Gay Jew Couple Feels Violated

Skyman747

Avatar: 115546 2015-08-12 18:58:09 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

DIRTY ****ING fine upstanding member of society woman's genitals

Dail Mail Posted:

A Jewish couple are suing their neighbours in a block of flats, saying an automatic security light is keeping them prisoner in their home because it forces them to break their Sabbath rules.

Dr Dena Coleman and husband Gordon claim they cannot leave their holiday flat on the Sabbath because when they do they automatically trigger the light in the communal hallway – contravening a religious ban on turning on electrical items from sunset on Friday to sunset on Saturday because it constitutes ‘creating fire’.

They say their human rights are being breached and are now suing the flats’ management company – their neighbours – for failing to accommodate their religion.

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1193357/Jewish-couple-sue-neighbours-imprisoning-automatic-hallway-light.html

Wow. Just Wow.

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

Skyman747 Posted:

Wow. Just Wow.

-Kevin

Level 12 Permanoob

“PERMANOOB”

Another great example showing that religion is ****.

Chronic-Boy

Avatar: 128365 2009-10-31 08:19:01 -0400

[WeChallNot]

Level 33 Troll

“Permafail”

tbh if i was their neighbour i would tell them to prove that their stupid money stealing jewish gods are real and if they cant prove it then they cant sue me cause nothing will happen if they turn a ****ing light on…

i hate religion it just stupid.

Chronic-Boy was banned for this post by Evil Trout

Chronic-Boy edited this message on 07/23/2009 2:25PM

-Kevin

Level 12 Permanoob

“PERMANOOB”

Chronic-Boy Posted:

i hate religion it just stupid.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Chronic-Boy Posted:

their stupid money stealing jewish gods

That’s trolling. Enjoy your extremely lenghty (based on history) ban.

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

MC Banhammer Posted:

That’s trolling. Enjoy your extremely lenghty (based on history) ban.

Is Blunt Man also banned?

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Raepdog Posted:

Is Blunt Man also banned?

Who? link?

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

Technically, they didn’t “turn it on”. They only triggered it. I mean what happens if you trip over a guy that was holding matches and they scrap against the ground igniting them? Where is your god now?

Fingerz

Avatar: 22863 2010-11-15 01:15:51 -0500

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

Turning on lights is NOT equivalent to starting a fire. Who the hell decided that it was? They need to have that Jewish law re-evaluated or smth, how dumb.

EVECHARM

Avatar: 114577 Tue Feb 17 05:11:14 -0500 2009

[pizza party]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

It’s not like they are turning on the lights to “Their lights” I wonder if this wins when the follow up “trip and fall lawsuit due to inadequate lighting” hits.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

UK, why am I not surprised

Echuu

Avatar: 6433 Tue Jul 21 22:01:07 -0400 2009

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 20 Troll

You made Vader snobby.

This should not constitute as turning on the lights, and also it’s not their light so it shouldn’t matter. But as we all know religion is not logical so hence they should sue, lose the case and pay some hefty legal bills for troubling the court with this nonsense.

BloodyDemise

Avatar: 121820 2010-06-13 01:05:56 -0400

[Throne of Blood]

Level 60 Emo Kid

“Final Cut Pro”

Fingerz Posted:

Turning on lights is NOT equivalent to starting a fire. Who the hell decided that it was? They need to have that Jewish law re-evaluated or smth, how dumb.

This.

A bit of basic science, and the couple+neighbours can enjoy life again. I’m pretty sure the Torah doesn’t say anything about electrical appliances.

Muhammad I m-
hard Bruce -
Lee

Avatar: 191232 2010-07-05 15:36:38 -0400

[Gold Team]

Level 69 Troll

Sweet enough!

Damn Jews,always playing the victim.

Cat Cat Phony

Avatar: 70261 Thu May 14 15:25:28 -0400 2009

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

From Wikipedia – “Many rabbinical scholars have pointed out that these regulations of labor have something in common—they prohibit any activity that is creative, or that exercises control or dominion over one’s environment.” So I guess they’re right, they can’t leave. Sucks for them, though – I can’t see them having any legal basis for their case. Not that they’re the only people who try to push their religious views on their neighbors –

see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_laws

Shii

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

Cat Cat Phony Posted:

From Wikipedia – “Many rabbinical scholars have pointed out that these regulations of labor have something in common—they prohibit any activity that is creative, or that exercises control or dominion over one’s environment.” So I guess they’re right, they can’t leave. Sucks for them, though – I can’t see them having any legal basis for their case. Not that they’re the only people who try to push their religious views on their neighbors –

see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_laws

Those Blue Laws are in place because a majority of the people in those areas supports the doctrine and worldview that the laws respect. You’re comparing apples and oranges; in places where most people DON’T want Blue Laws, like the article says, they’ve been repealed.

This isn’t like a single Christian couple sued to get the Blue Laws put in place.

If you want a vocal minority truly forcing their religious laws down people’s throats, just look at any European countries that are having Islamic Sharia law forcibly put in place, even though the Islamic population of many of these countries is well under 10%.

Cat Cat Phony

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

Shii Posted:

Those Blue Laws are in place because a majority of the people in those areas supports the doctrine and worldview that the laws respect.

Note that I didn’t go to religious services today (or any day) because even though the majority or people in this area may hold the worldview that going is the right thing to do, the law protects me as a minority (opinion-wise) from them enforcing their opinions on me.

Anyway, I was just pointing out that most people, regardless of what view they hold, are ready to impose it on other people if the opportunity arises.

Shii

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

Cat Cat Phony Posted:

Note that I didn’t go to religious services today (or any day) because even though the majority or people in this area may hold the worldview that going is the right thing to do, the law protects me as a minority (opinion-wise) from them enforcing their opinions on me.

Anyway, I was just pointing out that most people, regardless of what view they hold, are ready to impose it on other people if the opportunity arises.

Lol, the majority always makes the law. It’s how Congress works, it’s how cities work, it’s how businesses work.

Note I’m not making a judgement either way on whether this is good or right or moral, just stating that this is how it is.

Besides, making a law that says you can’t sell alcohol on Sundays and them saying you have to go to a religious service or something is very different.

Also, the last statement you made is practically devoid of any value or meaning. Of COURSE people will impose their opinion “if the opportunity arises.” If this wasn’t intrinsically true of the entire human race, we would have no debates, there would be no politics, there would be no religion, there would be no ethical dilemmas of any nature, there would be no work unions. We, as a species, fundamentally revolve around imposing our opinions and viewpoints on others, and we always will, until Big Brother comes and makes everyone the exact same person in thought, speech, and deed.

Cat Cat Phony

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

Shii Posted:

Also, the last statement you made is practically devoid of any value or meaning. Of COURSE people will impose their opinion “if the opportunity arises.” If this wasn’t intrinsically true of the entire human race, we would have no debates, there would be no politics, there would be no religion, there would be no ethical dilemmas of any nature, there would be no work unions. We, as a species, fundamentally revolve around imposing our opinions and viewpoints on others, and we always will, until Big Brother comes and makes everyone the exact same person in thought, speech, and deed.

There’s a difference between trying to impress your opinion on someone by words, and imposing it by law.

I wonder how you’d feel in this situation (which actually happened around here). Say you owned a store, not making you rich but supporting you well enough to pay your mortgage by staying open 7 days a week. Then the demographics of the neighborhood start to change as religious Jews start to move into the neighborhood. No problem, they shop at your store the same as the previous residents. Then a group comes in and tells you “if you keep your store open on Saturday, no one in the neighborhood will shop at your store any day”, and you’re ****ed either way.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!