Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Drugs Building a new PC

CaptainDDL

Avatar: 34340 2009-09-30 16:41:31 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 63 Troll

Fran's Beautiful Lover XOXOXOXOXO

Howdy all. I don’t know if any of you would be able to help me, but I’m building a new PC here pretty soon, and was wanting to know if you guys could take a look at what I have and make any suggestions you may have. Log in to see images!

What I have in italics has already been purchased.

Case: Antec Nine Hundred Two or Antec Twelve Hundred Black

Motherboard: ASUS M4A78T-E

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 945

RAM: CORSAIR XMS3 4GB DDR3 1600

Video Card: SAPPHIRE 100269SR Radeon HD 4890 1GB

Hard Drive: SAMSUNG Spinpoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB

Optical: LITE-ON 22X DVD±R iHAP122-04

Power: PC Power and Cooling Silencer 750 Quad S75QB

CPU/Video cooler: Not sure yet.

CaptainDDL edited this message on 07/17/2009 1:31AM

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

I don’t do AMD anymore because intel/nvidia is where the power’s at nowadays.

No idea about ati video cards.

i prefer LG to liteon optical drives but it doesn’t matter as long. i buy whatever’s on sale and have had best media compatability with LG. currently anything that is 22 dollars on sale is just fine Log in to see images!

750 watt psu is a bit overkill for a single card system. i run my intel q6600 o/v 3 ghz w/ gtx 260 o/c on a corsair 620 watt modular psu and it’s just peachy. also there’s 3 hard drives and 2 dvd burners.

cooler wise i don’t know.

suggestion: i’d get a second identical hard drive to run raid 0 if your mobo supports it. ludicrously fast data transfer makes a world of difference in overall system performance.

granted an average person ever needs 2 terabytes on a single drive letter but whatever. I personally prefer 500 gig western digital drives because they are cheap as **** nowadays and two in RAID-0 can be cloned to one terabyte backup drive with ease.

those are my thoughts. overall there’s nothing wrong with that build.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!