Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Bug - 3 Unsupported browser

matthew1

Level 27 Hacker

“1337”

So, I come on to forumwarz to see if anything had changed on here. I login and then get some [silly] message about my browser being unsupported. I always used to play in Opera before (although this is the beta version). Anyway, [I was able to fix it, let me tell you how it’s done].

For people in Opera who don’t know how to [make the appropriate changes], after logging in and getting the [annoying] message: right click > Edit Site Preferences > Network > Identify as Firefox.

It works so why don’t you let it?

Also, I haven’t noticed any other changes, mostly because [this is my first post ever on Flamebate].

Mod Edit: The next time you want to point out a technical problem, do so with less of an antagonistic attitude. Consider this a warning.

matthew1 edited this message on 07/15/2009 12:13PM

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

I think there’s already been a thread about this regarding Opera. IIRC, it’s a browser-side issue, not a server-side issue. In other words, to get the browser to work properly, you have to change a setting, like you did.

And as far as FWZ being ‘pro-Firefox’, I just don’t see it. I run Chrome, and have no problems whatsoever.

matthew1

Level 27 Hacker

“1337”

The setting I changed was just one that makes the forumwarz servers identify it as Firefox, you can also fool servers into thinking you are running IE. I don’t think it changes any other way the browser runs.

Also, the old version of Opera works still (identifying as Opera). Maybe I over reacted a little.

matthew1 edited this message on 07/15/2009 12:31PM

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

We’re allowed to flip-off CZ on Civil Discussion now?

Kilroy

Avatar: 62524 Fri Dec 26 00:25:59 -0500 2008

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

ChilePepino Posted:

We’re allowed to flip-off CZ on Civil Discussion now?

It seems so.

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

Hmm, I missed the overall tone first time I skimmed through. And for a first post ever on Flamebate as well?

Tch.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

Nicely done. I have to say, I found the tone of the original post needlessly offensive. Also, LOL @ “pro-Firefox agenda.”

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!