Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Shock Submitting enemy names is useless now?

MC Smoothlove

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

I’d have thought the fact that submissions are anonymous during voting would rule out any klan rallying, but I guess I could see how it would happen anyway. (Unless I’m just very special and they aren’t anonymous somehow.)

It seems like it’s hard to get votes on enemies, because you’ve got to figure it’s the category with the least to read, which to me means there’s probably more people voting on enemies than on anything else (excluding, probably, logos and styles because there’s never a ton of submissions there.) It kind of seems hopeless unless you’ve got an idea that’s so ridiculous or relateable that everyone’s going to find it great.

MC Smoothlove

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Lol. Screw submitting enemy names now. I submitted a name and it got pretty immediately down-voted, didn’t get to earn any scoops or anything, and then I see a VERY similar name submitted today and it’s already at 15. Haha, lame. (and by very similar, I mean it was the same name, but with a different pic.)

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

Zaratustra Posted:

If by ‘good’ you mean ‘triggering the meme receptors of the populace’, then yeah.

And, considering the theme of this entire game, that’s a valid definition of ‘good’.

Tesfan

Avatar: 17396 2011-07-31 06:49:56 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 35 Troll

Sucks **** through a straw in the face of convention

curufeanor Posted:

Me I have fun just submitting the things specially w the madlib system. Don even care bout the flezz. imagine how nice itd be if we could just do that & have fun. Like just vote based on good/bad and don’t give any rewards that can tempt vote manipulation Log in to see images!

Same here, I mostly just make fourm titles. Only reason I’m so anal about it this week is because I’m afraid that my buildr score will be shot to hell because I made a couple enemies that apparently weren’t funny =/ (now that I think about it, my fourm titles aren’t doing so well either >_> )

Tesfan edited this message on 03/25/2008 9:29AM

Vagitarian

[The Flamers of Loa-
thing
]

Level 10 Troll

Im a stupid ****wad

Be like me, I had like 13 things submitted to the Gaia Online analogue.

Shallabow

Level 15 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Submitting most things to forumbuildr is useless… I’ve noticed a bit of a trend: people submit in two rounds. The first round comes when the new forum is introduced every week. That’s when the community gets together and actually accomplishes things (votes yes for the good and no for the bad). Scoops abound for all, and everybody’s happy except for the idiots who weren’t funny in the first place. This tapers off and things start going somewhat negative as time goes on. Then the second wave comes a few days before the forum is released. Here is where people spam their remaining submissions and vote down on EVERYTHING they see. I’ve watched beautiful angry replies with 50+ votes up wind up with scores in the teens. I think we need to do something about this… maybe making down votes count -.5 and slightly raising the number of positives to win a scoop to balance this out?

tl;dr Two waves of posting. First is good. Second is terrible whoring. Let’s do something about it.

Kerridwen_Ka-
li

Level 29 Emo Kid

I HEART CANADIANS!

And speaking ex cathedra, a clan I know of has stated that collusion is frowned upon, so I’ve never attempted it.

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

I’m just curious if there an automatic elimination for -5, why is there not automatic acceptance for the ones with positive votes? I’m not saying make it 5… just +20 seems like more people like it rather than hate. Might reduce clutter.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!