Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Gay Forumbuildr Score?

Listen2Reason

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

plk Posted:

I got at least 6 chocolate scoops, had 2 angry reply submissions accepted, and one forum submission ended up being ranked pretty high. If that all got me a -1, I’m kind of thinking that no matter how well I do, I’m going to screw myself.

What he said. Log in to see images!

(Well, I had 1 Typical Post and 1 Angry Reply accepted, but other than that he summarized my feelings exactly.)

Listen2Reason edited this message on 03/17/2008 12:38AM

ravenblooDDa-
rkdreams

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

I got a score of ‘2’, but a good chunk of mine got quickly -5ed. Two of my ideas that got accepted were had at least a hundred up and probably 60ish down.

I really don’t think the score should be able to go negative, and ‘7’ should probably be the baseline number of submissions. In other words, it should be a positive system, not a negative one.

ravenblooDDarkdreams edited this message on 03/17/2008 12:46AM

jpsteel

Level 10 Emo Kid

Hello Kitty Underwear Aficionado

ravenblooDDarkdreams Posted:

I really don’t think the score should be able to go negative, and ‘7’ should probably be the baseline number of submissions. In other words, it should be a positive system, not a negative one.

Exactly, do good = get rewarded

dreamserpent

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

-1 even though an angry reply got in.

Funcdizzi

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 20 Camwhore

Master of Sex and Voodoo

Got two items in, and a -1 to show for it. I’m glad to find out it isn’t just me, though. Better fix it quick or the only people who will be able to contribute are those who never try to.

curufeanor

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Im happy 2 announce im starting a forumbuilder Buildr’s Union. By foming a Union well be able to gain better working conditions. Our first demands are

——————-

* A minimum hourly wage independent of commissions, sum of us hav families to feed and flezz doesnt grow on trees

* camwhores must pbum a sexiness test or be forced to wear modest clothes on teh job, some of these women are disgusting!

* a designated cutting room for emo’s, i mean come the **** on, the rest of us dont wanna see that ****

* free condoms for all buildrs.

———————

Union Membership is NOT optional. Those who refuse membrship will suffer automatic “down” votes on all their submissions by union membrs.

As a Union Membr u hafta pay Union Dues. Dues consist of 150 flezz a month and must be sent directly to curufeanor.

Corion

Level 32 Emo Kid

I lost at domination?! How could this happen to me?

curufeanor Posted:

Dues consist of 150 flezz a month and must be sent directly to curufeanor.

Let me know if anyone actually manages to pay you any money.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

I’ve identified a problem with the scoring as you guys expected. Will be recalculating everyones’ scores this morning.

Escher

[SRSLY]

Level 10 Camwhore

really huge titty ****

Yay! Thank you, ET!

I hope you got some sleep last night.

(ETA: Not intended as innuendo.)

Escher edited this message on 03/17/2008 10:20AM

plk

Avatar: 9972 2010-01-24 16:28:42 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Thanks!

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

Okay, I’ve re-calculated all scores and most of you changed towards the positive. There was a bug in the old formula that wasn’t weighing your positive contributions enough.

I looked through the profiles of people who brought up their scores in this thread and almost all of them moved upwards. If you feel that your score is low you can ask me about it and I can explain why you got docked.

Right now the formula (which will probably be adjusted as we go forward and learn what works and what doesn’t) is based on all of your submissions. Your score is relative to the total scores of all other contributors.

Note that it’s easier to go positive than negative because your submissions get buried at -5, yet have no upper limit. If you had one sub with 100 votes and 6 buried, you would still end up with a score of 2.

Escher

[SRSLY]

Level 10 Camwhore

really huge titty ****

I went up from a -1 to a +2, which for having 3 items accepted for last week’s forum and 4 items taken out behind the chemical sheds and shot, seems fair.

A question for clarification – when you’re talking about ‘score’, you’re talking about the difference between up and down votes, right? So something that gets 100 positive votes and 90 negative votes has the same score as something that gets 10 positive votes and 0 negative votes?

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

Escher Posted:

I went up from a -1 to a +2, which for having 3 items accepted for last week’s forum and 4 items taken out behind the chemical sheds and shot, seems fair.

A question for clarification – when you’re talking about ‘score’, you’re talking about the difference between up and down votes, right? So something that gets 100 positive votes and 90 negative votes has the same score as something that gets 10 positive votes and 0 negative votes?

Yes, score is (positive – negative). 100 – 90 = 10 – 0.

But it’s also relative to other players. This week for example the average score was -3, so the buildr score was centered around that. It also meant you needed -14 to get -1 on your score instead of 0.

I’m not happy with -3 being the average actually. However I’d like to see what next week’s average is. By removing one submission from the lowest quality this week, I’m hoping it will move up closer to 0. Then higher and higher.

If it doesn’t we’ll have to look into the idea of limiting negative votes I think.

dreamserpent

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

so of the seven things I submitted, one did well enough to get in (I guess not more than +16) but my other lousy entries must still gave me a -14.

can you post last weeks final score somewhere for us, maybe just have it sent to us as an “event” when the algorithm is run?

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

dreamserpent Posted:

so of the seven things I submitted, one did well enough to get in (I guess not more than +16) but my other lousy entries must still gave me a -14.

can you post last weeks final score somewhere for us, maybe just have it sent to us as an “event” when the algorithm is run?

You were pretty close actually. You got 15 and -30, bringing you to -15 and narrowly missing the threshold.

I’m a bit reluctant to publish the scores until we’ve got the algorithm tuned. I don’t mind telling you how you did this week if you ask, but if I put it on a page for everyone to see they might not understand it’s still a work in progress.

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

I still don’t like that it goes negative at all :/

but I guess once you are down to only two submissions a week, its impossible to be below the -14 threshold.

I mean I am reluctant to use my last two submissions this week because I am afraid that even though one is doing good, the extra -10 will hurt my score if my ideas fall short.

Pickled Dickbutt edited this message on 03/17/2008 12:39PM

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

Velveteen Posted:

I still don’t like that it goes negative at all :/

but I guess once you are down to only two submissions a week, its impossible to be below the -14 threshold.

You’ll always be able to submit something so you can redeem yourself. It wouldn’t be any fun if people botched their accounts permanently.

As for not liking the negative aspect, the idea is to increase the quality of overall submissions. If everyone could always submit 7, we’d end up with a lot of garbage. The idea is to have people really try to make their submissions funny and not treat them as an infinite amount of things they can just knock out and hope some sticks.

Also, we’ll see how it goes. I like the idea of tuning it as time goes on to see what produces the best results overall. Nothing is set in stone and your opinion has been duly noted.

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

it just seemed like having only 7 sub minimum was enough to really reduce the garbage, especially in the ultra-compedative arenas like enemies and logos.

and it doesn’t help that my sense of humor is a little bit high brow for a lot of the voters :/

Lucid Lulu

[The Ghebbernauts]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Evil Trout Posted:

If it doesn’t we’ll have to look into the idea of limiting negative votes I think.

The fact that there is now a scoring system in place only heightens the need for down vote limiting.

I find it odd that I can get a +30 (which means thirty MORE people thought it was good than people who didn’t) submission and then wake up the next morning for it to be -5. The fact that there is a system that can limit other people’s voting (thus chocolate scoops, fleez, and E-Peens) only encourages trolls (i.e. the people who play this game) to chronically down vote all submissions that isn’t theirs (or maybe not their Klans, if they’re nice).

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

but whats the limit, really, you need a mechanism to keep the crap out, and even if people could only suggest one thing a week, most of it would be crap.

If I want to compete in an arena (for example, post titles) I’ll go through and pbum on every one (unless its really good or really bad) just so I can see how people are voting on the higher ones… then I submit if I think mine is along the same vein.

unfortunately I have to refrain from enemies (as much as I like making them,) because people just down vote even what i consider really good ideas, in there.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!