Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Shock 6 days 23 hours 59 minutes and 15 seconds until this forum is published.

Corion

Level 32 Emo Kid

I lost at domination?! How could this happen to me?

Velveteen Posted:

so is there danger of no longer getting to participate if you get too many down votes? things go to -5 really quick sometimes.

That doesn’t seem very fair. There’s probably a low-end cap somewhere, like max 5 submissions per week.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Corion Posted:

Oops.

Mine went up, and my submissions left this week went up (to 9 from previous 3 left over), but not as high as my previous starting point (10).

Shouldn’t the max have gone up, and the submissions left reset to the max? How exactly is it supposed to work?

Last week’s starting point was 7 though?

Velveteen Posted:

so is there danger of no longer getting to participate if you get too many down votes? things go to -5 really quick sometimes.

Nope, we will always let you submit stuff. There will be a minimum score.

Lactose the -
Intolerant

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Evil Trout Posted:

And we’re live!

Sorry to all the negative -1s. Basically if you had a lot of bad submissions last week it went down by 1. The best people were jumped up to 2.

OK, I’m a bit confused here. I thought the whole idea is to reward people who successfully contribute to Forumbuildr. According to the scores on DeviousArts forum, there is one person who had five successful submissions, two people who had four submissions, six with three submissions, 15 with two submissions, and 64 with one submission. How many people had none of their submissions accepted? We don’t see that score, but I’m betting it’s in the hundreds. According to this system, every single player who contributed to Forumbuildr, with the possible exception of the top nine who had more than two picked, all get hit with the -1 penalty. It’s inevitable to get a bunch of contributions with -5 votes. That’s part of the creative process, most people have a handful of hits, and a bunch of misses.

What’s the percentage of people who got this -1 submission penalty who had at least one submission accepted? What’s the percentage of the all people who participated in Forumbuildr who had the +2 submission bonus?

This seems like a wonderful way to discourage success. A handful of Flezz is trivial compared to the thrill of watching your contributions gather votes and having your submissions picked. Now, it appears that you’re punishing almost everyone, even the people who did have a successful contribution. The people who had one submission accepted but the rest voted down have the same score as someone with nothing accepted. I could have posted seven typical posts saying “ack ptptpth”, got -5s for all of them, and still have the same score as the vast majority of contributors.

I was under the impression that people who had submissions picked would be rewarded with extra submissions, encouraging the people with good ideas. Is this -1 submission penalty great timesulative? If I contribute to this week’s ForumBuildr, and I don’t get a bumload of successful contributions, will I have -2 submissions next week? Will it go down to zero in a couple of weeks? Please give more detail about how these scores are calculated if you can. I love writing for Forumbuildr, but it’s not nearly as much fun if we’re getting the stick and not the carrot.

Corion

Level 32 Emo Kid

I lost at domination?! How could this happen to me?

Evil Trout Posted:

Last week’s starting point was 7 though?

Oops. My bad. Dunno why I thought it started at 10.

I had submitted a ton of stuff before I even noticed the limit.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!