Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Shock Sudden change of Forum Logo - what?

Kittysan

Level 40 Re-Re

I'm a fabulous person who goes back on Dom ties

Since I’ve joined Forumbuildr, this has happened twice now:

Doprah’s Book Cult – when I did create my style, it was Nazi-like, black, white, and orange (D)oprah, but for some others, it was (D)oprah with colorful background. It even alternated between the two randomly when you chose to view a style.

The Museum of Human Stupidity – it was George W. Bush portrait on a black background. I and others based our styles on on that one using dark colors. Then today, the logo became an X-Ray photograph of Homer Simpson’s head on a blue background. Both my style and another guy’s (who also uses black) were quickly shot down. The new blue style has taken the first place.

What’s the cause of this? A tie between two logos? How are we going to design our styles when the logo isn’t consistent? Log in to see images!

Fingerz

Avatar: 22863 2010-11-15 01:15:51 -0500

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

Glad to see the GWB logo gone- I visited forumbuildr for the first time in a long time yesterday and was incredibly disappointed to see that a logo of such poor quality had won (not that I saw the competition that the GWB logo was selected over). Anyone remember when people actually tried to make quality subs for buildr?

EDIT: Looking at the new logo, I can’t say which is worse. Refer to last sentence from paragraph above^

Fingerz edited this message on 07/11/2009 12:48PM

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Sorry about my ****ty logos. I’m not being sarcastic, I was shocked to have gotten the votes as I only have MS Paint and have no clue what I’m doing. I kept waiting for someone who has and knows how to use photoshop to enter something and knock everything else off, but it just didn’t happen.

No idea why the logo changed. It sucks for the style submissions that have happened, but I’m not sorry it was changed as I thought the Bush logo was the ****tiest of the ones I submitted.

There was no competition this week. There was a red one early on, but it was odd with upside down writing. There were 2 identical yellow logos based on the re-re avatar, both of those were submitted very late Wednesday night and the image was very pixelated.

Fingerz

Avatar: 22863 2010-11-15 01:15:51 -0500

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

I thought they looked MSPaint-y!

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Fingerz Posted:

I thought they looked MSPaint-y!

If you look at it, it’s perfect for the kind of forum it’s been based on.

Not saying scully is stupid (much love and respect to you dear Log in to see images!

zagerblag

Avatar: 102042 Wed Jun 03 22:55:29 -0400 2009

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

Kittysan Posted:

Since I’ve joined Forumbuildr, this has happened twice now:

Doprah’s Book Cult – when I did create my style, it was Nazi-like, black, white, and orange (D)oprah, but for some others, it was (D)oprah with colorful background. It even alternated between the two randomly when you chose to view a style.

The Museum of Human Stupidity – it was George W. Bush portrait on a black background. I and others based our styles on on that one using dark colors. Then today, the logo became an X-Ray photograph of Homer Simpson’s head on a blue background. Both my style and another guy’s (who also uses black) were quickly shot down. The new blue style has taken the first place.

What’s the cause of this? A tie between two logos? How are we going to design our styles when the logo isn’t consistent? Log in to see images!

For the Book Cult, it was probably a tie. For the Museum, that was just people voting after logos should be closed. You can still vote on and submit logos after the icon vanishes. The situation is similar for styles and topic icons.

Incidentally, as of this post, the Bush logo is back, but with only a 2-vote lead, so get those last-minute votes in!

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

Argh, I’m so close to finally getting Design Guyz and they switch the logo back to Bush? My first ones were nuked when it switched and now it switched back which just really makes no sense. If this is an issue of ties, we should probably have a Mod or ET do a tie breaker vote at the last second as this is rather problematic I would think.

zagerblag

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

Dunatis Posted:

Argh, I’m so close to finally getting Design Guyz and they switch the logo back to Bush? My first ones were nuked when it switched and now it switched back which just really makes no sense. If this is an issue of ties, we should probably have a Mod or ET do a tie breaker vote at the last second as this is rather problematic I would think.

Congrats on the style.

Dunatis

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

Thanks, but really it would be nice if I won for the logo I actually designed the style for, now it looks worse than it would have had second place won. Could you imagine if the Forum suddenly changed on Sunday and all of a sudden all the old topics are now irrelevant but win because of prior votes?

I request that the logo go back to Homer Simpson or that the style change to the second place one which was built for this logo and that something be done to prevent this from happening again. It’s not like we have much to work with with Styles but let’s not have them be almost random if there happens to be a tie for the logo. It kinda wrecks the point IMHO.

scullyangel

Avatar: 44656 Mon Aug 17 23:47:33 -0400 2009

[Good Omens]

Level 39 Camwhore

If I was a gila monster you could be my devil ray.

I plan to ask ET to fix it. Both the logs were mine, so it shouldn’t cause drama. I don’t see why he would want the forum to look more ****ty than necessary. I hope he does.

EDIT: Also, it was not a tie. There was a clear winner, but apparently there is some way for people to vote even after the logo voting is supposed to be done. Log in to see images! scullyangel edited this message on 07/13/2009 1:32AM

Dunatis

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

Perhaps it’s as simple as keeping the voting window open after the voting should be over, might be a group looking to get the Haxploitation peen.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

No, I talked to a mod and it is a known bug.

zagerblag

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

zagerblag Posted:

You can still vote on and submit logos after the icon vanishes. The situation is similar for styles and topic icons.

Kittysan

Level 40 Re-Re

I'm a fabulous person who goes back on Dom ties

Ugh, the new style is hideous. It doesn’t match the logo at all. I agree that either one of them should be changed. If the Bush logo is kept, then the winning style would possibly be mine (Black and Grey Stupidity.) But if the Homer logo is used with the current style instead, then I won’t mind that much. I’ve already got Design Guyz e-peen two weeks ago.

zagerblag Posted:

You can still vote on and submit logos after the icon vanishes. The situation is similar for styles and topic icons.

That is just wrong. It is an illegal exploit. The logo tie (Doprah’s Book Cult case) is almost as bad.

And let me reiterate myself:

Kittysan Posted:

How are we going to design our styles when the logo isn’t consistent? Log in to see images! Kittysan edited this message on 07/13/2009 9:57AM

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!