Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Poll Should mods be allowed to ban for RP posts which they feel negatively impact the community?

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

spacekadt Posted:

Can I ask why? The rule has been around for as long as I’ve been here (joined, not modded). It very, very rarely gets used and even then it’s generally only used when there’s some consensus or the extremely senior mod (and the one it should be limited to, bumuming limiting is even a good idea) decides it’s worth it.

I don’t think making your job more subjective is helpful. Civil Discussion is already over moderated and what is permissible depends on who is around.

Anyway I am only one user. If this is what the community wants then I am not going to stand in the way of it. I am going to try to pull myself out of these types of discussions and am only going to say that some of the people here giving their opinions are very short sighted.

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

was Posted:

I don’t think making your job more subjective is helpful. Civil Discussion is already over moderated and what is permissible depends on who is around.

I see said the drugged one… that makes a lot of sense and I tend to agree with most of it Log in to see images!

was Posted:

Anyway I am only one user. If this is what the community wants then I am not going to stand in the way of it. I am going to try to pull myself out of these types of discussions and am only going to say that some of the people here giving their opinions are very short sighted.

I admit that I haven’t read the whole thread, and that I probably won’t. I was in the hospital for two days after surgery on Wednesday and I’ve come to the conclusion that I’ve missed a lot of drama that I don’t feel the need to catch up on.

Cheins Sanch-
ez

Avatar: 64305 2015-06-13 02:49:05 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 36 Troll

Rex Sacrorum

was Posted:

I just want to add after reading Tubsweetie’s above post.

I might be able to consider supporting this if only one mod had this privilege.

I can not trust this freedom with all the moderators.

Agreed. About half of the mods here have done nothing to earn the trust of anyone, and sometimes do things that make me wonder why they still hold that responsibility. Give them vague and unchecked authority over RP and see what happens.

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

I’m only on page two, and I see a lot of good input.

This is what I like best about this community.

Anyways, back to reading.

The Cat Who -
Walked Throu-
gh Malls

Avatar: 53628 Mon Jan 12 19:00:04 -0500 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

whoops

The Cat Who Walked Through Malls edited this message on 07/11/2009 8:50PM

Celerysteve

Avatar: 61989 2011-12-28 11:21:37 -0500

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Right from the moment when I saw Saw, I laughed.

I don’t understand this thread. We all know this is not the way the rules work so why are we even debating it?

CoreyJess

Avatar: 2355 2015-02-10 15:56:06 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Pie cannot hide overwhelming naughtiness!

I’ve been thinking about the idea of banning for pic spam posting based on a mods whims and opinions, and it has raised a question in my mind.

This thread here, from mid June, was in RP, I took over the thread briefly to what I thought was a funny outcome. Some might say I pic spammed page 2, though. Then Kaiser and Fingerz began to totally pic spam page 3, and continued to for the rest of the thread.

My question is, in a mods opinion, is how I posted in that thread the same as how Kaiser and Fingerz did. I posted a series of pics that had nothing to do with the thread topic, which is pretty much what Kaiser and Fingerz posted. Does it matter that my posts were meant for comedy, and not just to troll the other posters, or am I as guilty of pic spamming as they are?

CoreyJess edited this message on 07/14/2009 6:06PM

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

CoreyJess Posted:

My question is, in a mods opinion, is how I posted in that thread the same as how Kaiser and Fingerz did. I posted a series of pics that had nothing to do with the thread topic, which is pretty much what Kaiser and Fingerz posted. Does it matter that my posts were meant for comedy, and not just to troll the other posters, or am I as guilty of pic spamming as they are?

You did it in one thread. The other guys do it on every thread they can necro. That’s the difference.

(Please note I’m not arguing whether or not they should be banned in any way for doing so. I’m just answering what you asked.)

Chronic-Boy

Avatar: 128365 2009-10-31 08:19:01 -0400

[WeChallNot]

Level 33 Troll

“Permafail”

well now that there are “community bans” i guess the answer would be yes since if a player is just negative and really not putting anything into there posts other than causing spam then they should be banned.

Fingerz

Avatar: 22863 2010-11-15 01:15:51 -0500

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

Wait we got community bans?? Log in to see images!

mterek

Avatar: 192622 2009-09-24 16:39:01 -0400

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Yeah, no. I’m in support of implementing a user option to block seeing disruptive posts.

Fingerz

Avatar: 22863 2010-11-15 01:15:51 -0500

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

I just got banned (for no reason, I might add, MOD ABUSE!!!). It sucked. Also you can still SEE flamebate but can’t post anything. LOL what a tease. Good punishment imo.

will i get permabanned just for going against this idea because i will be permabaned all the time beside the mods dont like me

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

I retract my previous statement because I am not sure my position on the matter.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!