Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Poll Should mods be allowed to ban for RP posts which they feel negatively impact the community?
Poll: Should the RP forums be selectively modded?
You must be logged in to vote.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Hobart Bliggity Posted:

MCB, if the “rules” and the banning system were changed to state explicitly that the RP forums were subjectively modded, there would be no arguement. You guys got into trouble when you started trying to incorporate every little loophole and grey area into a well-defined rule system.

I wholeheartedly support this, because I’m comfortable with knowing that I wouldn’t be banning people for any personal reason. I’d do it for things which I think annoy the community, and only after warning. But I’d like to hear what you think about it.

Skyman747

Avatar: 115546 2015-08-12 18:58:09 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

DIRTY ****ING fine upstanding member of society woman's genitals

No. This would be selective modding to the extreme, not to mention annoying varies from person to person.

The Unknown -
Comic

Avatar: 95506 Tue Dec 09 09:40:49 -0500 2008

[Gimmick Alts and R-
ole-Players Local -
Union 352
]

Level 2 Re-Re

I'M AWESOME APPRECIATE ME PLZ

As much as I like this idea, it’s going to cause so much bumhurt. There’s pretty clearly a popular crowd here. There might not be a clear-cut list of the upper crust, but there are definitely people who are more well liked and liked more universally than others. As soon as some less liked player gets banned for something a more popular player might not have, it’s going to be more trouble than it’s worth.

Skyman747

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

The Unknown Comic Posted:

As soon as some less liked player gets banned for something a more popular player might not have, it’s going to be more trouble than it’s worth.

This too, plus there will be all sorts of people complaining about how a mod didn’t ban for something they think is degrading. More negatives than pluses on this idea imo.

Skyman747 edited this message on 07/10/2009 2:43PM

Indiana Jonas

Avatar: 13850 2014-12-19 09:36:26 -0500

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

I think creating a forums-only ban would be a necessary change in order for this to work. I think what people are missing is that for the most part, the RP forums would remain unchanged. This change in rules would just allow the mods to (temporarily) get rid of the people the vast majority of the community find annoying and dumb. Also, the threat of being banned subjectively might make those people who are just here to annoy think twice about being annoying, or at least find a creative way to be annoying so the mods don’t get disgusted with them. It’s not like bans are going to fly fast and free under the new system, it just gives the mods more power to help the community. And, ultimately, thats what they’re here for.

Skyman747

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Hobart Bliggity Posted:

This change in rules would just allow the mods to (temporarily) get rid of the people the vast majority of the community find annoying and dumb.

Not that the vast majority find annoying, people that the mods find annoying. This is just subjective, and I think that people unsure of their standing with the mods will not post. Like I said earlier, this will cause more trouble than it’s worth.

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

There’s gonna be a warning before the ban, mind you.

Cheins Sanch-
ez

Avatar: 64305 2015-06-13 02:49:05 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 36 Troll

Rex Sacrorum

This is a great idea, but not with the mods we have right now, and not with the way it’s being described.

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

would people be more comfortable in this if it was a consensus based thing? as in, if we were to say, ban nailbomb for ****ting all over the RP forums and ruining the entire day’s worth of active topics, it would only happen if agreed upon by the majority of moderators?

there are 10 of us including bingebot (RIP) so that’s a fairly large number of opinions to weigh.

Indiana Jonas

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

would people be more comfortable in this if it was a consensus based thing? as in, if we were to say, ban nailbomb for ****ting all over the RP forums and ruining the entire day’s worth of active topics, it would only happen if agreed upon by the majority of moderators?

there are 10 of us including bingebot (RIP) so that’s a fairly large number of opinions to weigh.

I’d say one mod to issue the ban and one to approve it is more than enough. Provides for efficient confirmation of deserved bans and quick overturning of bs bans where a mods bias might play in.

CoreyJess

Avatar: 2355 2015-02-10 15:56:06 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Pie cannot hide overwhelming naughtiness!

Hobart Bliggity Posted:

I’d say one mod to issue the ban and one to approve it is more than enough. Provides for efficient confirmation of deserved bans and quick overturning of bs bans where a mods bias might play in.

Wow, HB is full of wisdom today.

Agreed

TUBSWEETIE

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

Hobart Bliggity Posted:

ya i’d never expect like a 7/10 yes requirement but maybe more like 2 seperate yeses that aren’t your own.

w/e one is good too. sometimes finding one active mod is hard enough lol

TUBSWEETIE edited this message on 07/10/2009 4:01PM

Cheins Sanch-
ez

[The Airship]

Level 36 Troll

Rex Sacrorum

I would say that five modvotes are the best way to go. There is much less room for abuse, and only a little more time would be taken up.

Indiana Jonas

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

I think a lot of the people afraid of this are worried the mods will just go on banning sprees. I really can’t see this happening. The entire purpose of this rule would be to help the mods crack down on the obnoxious posters. Regular gibberish and idiocy will still be allowed, and the vast majority of users will never have to deal with this type of ban at all.

Cheins Sanch-
ez

[The Airship]

Level 36 Troll

Rex Sacrorum

I’m not worried about banning sprees I guess, so much as the reaction this could cause. Whenever a kind of rule is set out for something it changes how we see it. I don’t want posting to get worse just because this is the only thing we did about ****spamming.

TUBSWEETIE

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

the vast majority of posters are fine here.

the whole logic behind this is that there are the, what, three people so dedicated to disturbing the rp forums that it’s making no one enjoy them.

to me all these threads are saying “we want the prolific spammers who have taken it upon themselves to make flamebate unfun via absurd spam banned.”

and i support that 100%

really, who or what else does anyone have a problem with. it’s just those few who just **** all over EVERYTHING, ALL THE TIME.

TUBSWEETIE edited this message on 07/10/2009 4:14PM

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

really, who or what else does anyone have a problem with. it’s just those few who just **** all over EVERYTHING, ALL THE TIME.

One time Randy Beaman found a hot dog behind the fridge and was dared to eat it so he did and then he couldn’t stop pooping for 3 years.

‘k bye

_Colin edited this message on 07/10/2009 4:18PM

Cheins Sanch-
ez

[The Airship]

Level 36 Troll

Rex Sacrorum

I think mods should be able to give hour long bans whenever they feel like it, without anybody whining about it. That would kill two birds with one stone.

TUBSWEETIE

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

_Colin Posted:

One time Randy Beaman found a hot dog behind the fridge and was dared to eat it so he did and then he couldn’t stop pooping for 3 years.

‘k bye

e?

cheins, i’d love to give hour long bans but it boots people out of the game entirely. i was actually planning to ban nailbomb and whoever else for an hour or two the next time i saw spam happening but i’ve been distracted with work and it also hasn’t happened

this will be a not-issue with community ban seperation

TUBSWEETIE edited this message on 07/10/2009 4:20PM

Cheins Sanch-
ez

[The Airship]

Level 36 Troll

Rex Sacrorum

Who cares if it boots them out? So they have to log in again, big deal. I may not trust mods with quality control overall, but I think I can trust them to make things more interesting over a short period of time. I don’t see any problem with a two hour ban. You could do it to me right now, and I would have no problem with it.

Please don’t.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!