Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Macho Petition to make a new kind of ban that only affects flamebate.

Indiana Jonas

Avatar: 13850 2014-12-19 09:36:26 -0500

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

This came up in Was’ thread, but I feel its worth hashing out on its own.

There are awful, annoying, terrible posters in RP, and many of us feel that they keep a lot of the people that actually contribute comedy to this site away. A few mods (not just Nicco) have expressed frustration over not being able to ban these people from the boards without banning them from everything else. I agree that if you really want to play dom or w/e you shouldn’t be excluded from that because you were annoying in flamebate, but I also don’t feel that I should have to put up with your **** just because you might want to play dom too.

I see it this way, I don’t purposely **** up the parts of the game you use, don’t come **** up the parts of the game I use. We have rules against abuse in every other part of the game, and bans that make sense when people break those rules. However, getting banned from everything for being an idiot in flamebate doesn’t seem like an appropriate punishment.

I feel that a separate ban for the boards is needed. It really makes sense to separate gameplay and community bans, if not to keep the boards cleaner and more conducive to entertaining threads, than to highlight the difference in severity between gameplay abuse and forum retardation.

Alfred Nonym-
ous

Avatar: 186767 Sat Jun 27 08:44:33 -0400 2009

Level 33 Hacker

“01001000 01000001 01011000”

seconded

Ardent

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Thirded

Either this, or make bans apply only to characters, and not whole accounts.

Ardent edited this message on 07/10/2009 9:21AM

Ban them to post only in Meme factory.

ANGRY HOBO

Avatar: 49150 Tue Aug 11 01:43:48 -0400 2009

Level 28 Emo Kid

lmbo i gave this account and now its full of people :D bye all this game is ****....................

forumwarz rulles Posted:

MISCELLANEOUS RULES

2) If a moderator is trying to help someone (in IDC, Flamebate, etc.), don’t **** them off. It is at the discretion of any moderator/administrator to ban a user temporarily or permanently. Don’t make them want to.

If a mod wishes he can ban people just for “****ing them off”

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

lord knows it’s happened to me.

Sneaky27

Avatar: 70951 2010-02-06 21:28:05 -0500

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Absolutely not. If you’re a ‘tard and cannot keep from ****-posting all over CD, then you deserve the ban. Can’t play dom for a few days? That’s the consequence of being a ‘tard where the rest of us have to see it.

This debate is exposing people who don’t understand the difference between trolling (artform) and spamming, “**** posting,” and just making a joke.

Necrosaro

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

I think it’s a good idea. Mods can be more liberal with their bans, too, since the consequences aren’t as harsh. Maybe even combine it with the voting system already in place, so posts with enough downvotes are marked for review and a mod can decide if it really is a **** post and ban the poster from posting in flamebate. And, people who make good posts can be rewarded by having more weight when they downvote a post. Good or bad idea?

Fingerz

Avatar: 22863 2010-11-15 01:15:51 -0500

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

Signed Log in to see images!

ofc, you already knew that cause of the other thread but still.

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

Signed, upvoted and tenthded? Then people can walk the line and be jerks without having to fear the hammer. Likely my only good thread was the one I got banned for and I’d try walking the line some more if I could still play…

And were clever…

Nailbomb

Avatar: 136542 Sun Apr 12 01:12:37 -0400 2009

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 69 Troll

the guy that rolled around in **** the most

Lets take this thread for the basic idea of making a ban that only affects flamebate and i like the idea. I would like to see it not affect klan forums though, people use those for DOM.

The rest of it just sounds like the usual whining.

Mod Edit: This part isn’t contributing anything to the thread, and is an obvious attempt to derail a serious discussion. Take it to the appropriate forum if you want to argue that point. – Cid

Indiana Jonas

Avatar: 13850 2014-12-19 09:36:26 -0500

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

Nailbomb Posted:

The rest of it just sounds like the usual whining.

The usual whining you’ve witnessed in 3 months here? Considering the scope of the complaints and the history we’re using to argue our points, I feel it would best serve you to not try bring precedent into this.

Indiana Jonas edited this message on 07/11/2009 1:18AM

Kilroy

Avatar: 62524 Fri Dec 26 00:25:59 -0500 2008

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Yes, yes, agreed.

Nailbomb

Avatar: 136542 Sun Apr 12 01:12:37 -0400 2009

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 69 Troll

the guy that rolled around in **** the most

Hobart Bliggity Posted:

The usual whining you’ve witnessed in 3 months here? Considering the scope of the complaints and the history we’re using to argue our points, I feel it would best serve you to not try bring precedent into this.

and your still not changing by the sounds of it.

AntiRules187

Avatar: 79421 Tue May 26 22:06:20 -0400 2009

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

It's actually an honor to be pranked, it means someone spent real money on you. Sir.

signed.

Amy Rose

Avatar: 169456 Mon May 25 19:27:23 -0400 2009

Level 27 Permanoob

Im realy a lesbien with a male reproductive organ lolololol

Hobart Bliggity Posted:

This came up in Was’ thread, but I feel its worth hashing out on its own.

There are awful, annoying, terrible posters in RP, and many of us feel that they keep a lot of the people that actually contribute comedy to this site away. A few mods (not just Nicco) have expressed frustration over not being able to ban these people from the boards without banning them from everything else. I agree that if you really want to play dom or w/e you shouldn’t be excluded from that because you were annoying in flamebate, but I also don’t feel that I should have to put up with your **** just because you might want to play dom too.

I see it this way, I don’t purposely **** up the parts of the game you use, don’t come **** up the parts of the game I use. We have rules against abuse in every other part of the game, and bans that make sense when people break those rules. However, getting banned from everything for being an idiot in flamebate doesn’t seem like an appropriate punishment.

I feel that a separate ban for the boards is needed. It really makes sense to separate gameplay and community bans, if not to keep the boards cleaner and more conducive to entertaining threads, than to highlight the difference in severity between gameplay abuse and forum retardation.

It’s not a bad idea… I gather that the full ban should be still usable, i.e. for illegal alt users, people trying to hack/crash the site, and serial Flamebate offenders, amirite?

dobnits

Avatar: 58842 2010-01-24 16:19:10 -0500

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

THE LEGENDARY PINK DOBS

Amy Rose Posted:

It’s not a bad idea… I gather that the full ban should be still usable, i.e. for illegal alt users, people trying to hack/crash the site, and serial Flamebate offenders, amirite?

I would bumume so. And I’d be all for it (And using it) if something like this were to happen.

dobnits edited this message on 07/11/2009 2:14AM

BidSquid

Avatar: 121118 Sun Jan 18 02:23:35 -0500 2009

[Honourable Order o-
f Mascots Of Corpo-
rations
]

Level 27 Permanoob

From raw materials, or I'm of my shopping. It is forced I'll in order to enjoy.

This feature can’t come in soon enough.

Fingerz

Avatar: 22863 2010-11-15 01:15:51 -0500

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

I’m kind of bummed that we haven’t heard boo from either ET or JB on this topic yet Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!