Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Goatse.cx So, something happened earlier and apparently it's up to either me or Hobart to bring up these things.

That’s kind of what I meant: Let mods troll users in rp. But I think that it should be specific mods bumigned to rp, as well. If they ban people, it’s not a serious ban, like a few hours. They can edit posts if they want, etc. If they don’t abuse it, most people would just find it funny, and it could get people more inline with the intent of rp.

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

It would also be useful if people only got banned on the side of the board they commited an offense + no ban from the game.

Indiana Jonas

Avatar: 13850 2014-12-19 09:36:26 -0500

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

Hobart Bliggity Posted:

This brings up a good point. Why is it that only things that are annoying to the mods (fake contest spam) are banable, and things that are annoying to the community (who the mods are here to serve) like draginz and kaiser w/e isn’t? The mods are here to keep the forums enjoyable for the community, not themselves.

1337xxxxxxxxxlolololololololololxxxxxxxxx1337 Posted:

That’s kind of what I meant: Let mods troll users in rp. But I think that it should be specific mods bumigned to rp, as well. If they ban people, it’s not a serious ban, like a few hours. They can edit posts if they want, etc. If they don’t abuse it, most people would just find it funny, and it could get people more inline with the intent of rp.

If mods had a bit more left up to their judgement, and were allowed to have fun with their position, I think we’d come to a happy place in RP. You don’t want to be unfairly banned? Don’t post in RP then.

Nicco

Avatar: 24745 2011-07-31 00:34:23 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

ChilePepino Posted:

Seriously, if they want 4channers to feel like home, make the moderating rules like the ones in 4chan

for those not familiar, there are no rules for moderation in 4chan. So the mods will be able to ban dragon spammers and kaiser more often.

You forgot that if we ban people because they broke a rule on flamebate, they won’t be able to play the game itself anymore. 4chan is only an image board and has no other use whatsoever.

Hobart Bliggity Posted:

and things that are annoying to the community (who the mods are here to serve) like draginz and kaiser w/e isn’t? The mods are here to keep the forums enjoyable for the community, not themselves.

Hobart, I would love to ban people who are posting kaisers, dragons, etc. in every thread but unfortunately mods don’t make the rules, we enforce them. Log in to see images!

ChilePepino Posted:

It would also be useful if people only got banned on the side of the board they commited an offense + no ban from the game.

It would depend on the offense, probably, but yeah. For our contest spam thing, we could have just been banned from CD. I honestly didn’t care about that ban because MCB was a pretty good sport and only gave us a week, when our histories warrant a bit more. Log in to see images!

E: We’re asking for rules to actually exist in rp. New rules. More rules. The people on page 1 of the ban leaderboard are requesting more forum rules.

1337xxxxxxxxxlolololololololololxxxxxxxxx1337 edited this message on 07/10/2009 4:45AM

ChilePepino

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Yeah nicco, the reason for my other post. Anyway, that’s just **** talk because I highly doubt anything of this is being taken into some kind of user-interests list.

Indiana Jonas

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

Nicco Posted:

Hobart, I would love to ban people who are posting kaisers, dragons, etc. in every thread but unfortunately mods don’t make the rules, we enforce them. Log in to see images!

And I thought of you and tubs when I thought of a system where what was annoying and banable was left to the discretion of the mods. You guys obviously wouldn’t abuse it, but having a few heavy-handed “get your stupid 4chan **** out of here” mods around would do wonders for the community.

Look at SA. You get banned (lose $10) if you post the word “lulz”. Yes, its a terrible policy, but it sets the tone wonderfully.

Indiana Jonas

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

1337xxxxxxxxxlolololololololololxxxxxxxxx1337 Posted:

E: We’re asking for rules to actually exist in rp. New rules. More rules. The people on page 1 of the ban leaderboard are requesting more forum rules.

Oh God what are we doing? Log in to see images!

ChilePepino

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

hahahahahahhaha

Indiana Jonas

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

If you make Nicco and Tubs Kings of the RP forum and take away all mod power from the other mods (except MCB for major decisions) in the RP forums I promise to never post in CD again.

It will go like this:

Admins have power everywhere.

MCB is the elder statesman, and is the goto for the younger mods.

Tubs and Nicco mod the RP forums at their discretion, within reason of course.

Other mods get to play in CD carebear land.

Make this happen and I’ll never post in CD again (unless I actually have something constructive to say(this won’t happen))

Nicco

Avatar: 24745 2011-07-31 00:34:23 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

Hobart Bliggity Posted:

And I thought of you and tubs when I thought of a system where what was annoying and banable was left to the discretion of the mods. You guys obviously wouldn’t abuse it, but having a few heavy-handed “get your stupid 4chan **** out of here” mods around would do wonders for the community.

Read my last reply to Chile; the people who ‘****’ up RP do actually play the game. If something existed as a community ban I of course would go on a banning spree in RP.

ChilePepino

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Hobart Bliggity Posted:

If you make Nicco and Tubs Kings of the RP forum and take away all mod power from the other mods (except MCB for major decisions) in the RP forums I promise to never post in CD again.

It will go like this:

Admins have power everywhere.

MCB is the elder statesman, and is the goto for the younger mods.

Tubs and Nicco mod the RP forums at their discretion, within reason of course.

Other mods get to play in CD carebear land.

Make this happen and I’ll never post in CD again (unless I actually have something constructive to say(this won’t happen))

This + community-only bans would be the most awesome thing to happen to forumwarz ever.

kittiejenn

Avatar: 18080 2011-11-01 00:29:42 -0400

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 35 Emo Kid

So damn naughty it wraps back around to nice.

It just sucks that there are SO MANY mods now. Five people could pbum over a post and not even pause at it, and then the sixth sees it and decides it’s trolling. I think bumigning mods to CD or RP or even just certain subforums might be a better use of numbers, but I don’t know how feasible that would be.

kittiejenn edited this message on 07/10/2009 5:53AM

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

bumping a good, important thread

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Nicco Posted:

I beg to differ. Many of the rules have been put in place at the instigation of the mods, or for the convenience of the mods. Speak the hell up.

It is ridiculous that the rules need to be clarified to the point of coming off like a legal dogreat timesent. People doing the rules changes are freaking clueless and seem to think they need to be clarified for the posters, and that has never been the case. The rules have become a pile of stupid clarifications because the mods act like freaking babies half the time and it is the only way to police them. In order to gain any semblance of fairness things have needed to become more and more black and white. Why? Because “poster A” will not get banned for what “poster B” would get banned for posting.

I don’t know, I’m tired and I’ve ranted about all this way too many times in the past already. I’ll tl;dr at you when I wake up if I’m not banned.

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

The only place I have fun on flamebait these days is in klan forums.

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

To start off this post, look at the klan list. Look at all the klans on the first page with a lot of people, klans which have had not one active person in months. You will be hard pressed to find someone with a lot of posts, but that’s what the past was. There were a lot of people and they all got into this game; some left, and some stayed. I can’t help but feel strange when I look at those old threads, made by an entirely different community, people who are long gone, but made for many good funny threads.

Somewhere along the way, we lost sight of what this place was. Both the community and the mods/staff. Look at old CD threads for god’s sake! Before you never walked such a thin line. Non-rp was always a bad name to choose, because it was never really non-rp. People who to rp all the time and it was great and most threads were still p constructive/fun. The rule was more of a non-trolling thing, kind of like: you can rp, just don’t get too crazy and be an bumhole/flame for no reason.

What is this big attention on trolling? Why has the attitude of this community shifted so much emphasis on trolls? They exist as a clbum to parody real trolls, the people who are like: “haha you RESPONDED to that!?!?! TROLLED!!!1!!” We use to MAKE FUN OF THOSE PEOPLE. Most of the so called “trolls” here are humorless, and end up just creating unfunny fighting and everyone being all srs, on top of the other crap in rp. If it’s not funny, what’s the point? How mush entertainment is it to you to see all the kaiser spam and think, “haha he caused someone to ignore him, what a great poster!” Minimal effort reaps no return on the humor. It is probably too late to recover the type of community this place once was, especially with the direction we are heading to. And now we have to try to recover without one of the last people who was really interested in restarting rp, enough that he tried to start a new klan for it.

For the record, Hobart is one of my favorite posters, and I love the stuff he does in CD, I just wish rp threads weren’t so restrictive to actual humor.

Oh and was was right about the moon. It was beautiful. Log in to see images!

cya

Avatar: 146808 2012-12-30 22:05:41 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

I have no idea what happened except for the fact I think that gs49 sent me an amazing tubmail on ponies and now he’s gone.

I am appauled and upset.

Charlie Sheen

Avatar: 51012 2011-07-31 00:40:28 -0400

[Gimmick Alts and R-
ole-Players Local -
Union 352
]

Level 12 Camwhore

Kickflippin' for Jesus cause he took away my alcoholism and drug addictions and genetic woman's genitals fever!

im actor Charlie Sheen hear to talk to you about the importance of RPer Preservation.

remember the indians? dudes who were here first and prayed to wolves and the crow? they were chill to the land and the land was chill back to them. there culture was interestin to a bunch of people and there stories were probably really good and made people laugh or care about important stuff like RPer preservation.

then the indians started to die and nobody knew why. some think it was a giant meteor. i think it was the white man who came over from europe with their stupid ideas. before you knew it most of the indians were dead and they had to live on rezervations and they didn’t take beads as payment anymore.

what im tryin to say is RPer put thought into their posts. i know i did and still do right to this very second. let us take the time to remember NO SRSLY and there brood. let us think about whats funny and clever. some people on this board prolly think there hilarious for postin image spam and makin people angry bu theyll never make people as angry as SG 94 could because SG 94 was in tune with the forums just as the ancient indians were in tune with the earth.

what im tryin to say is if you can’t come up with an original thought maybe you should relax and wait until you do to post.

im actor Charlie Sheen and i talked about RPer preservation.

Chewwy

Avatar: 172315 Sun Apr 19 13:54:17 -0400 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 3 Re-Re

Charlie Sheen Posted:

im actor Charlie Sheen hear to talk to you about the importance of RPer Preservation.

remember the indians? dudes who were here first and prayed to wolves and the crow? they were chill to the land and the land was chill back to them. there culture was interestin to a bunch of people and there stories were probably really good and made people laugh or care about important stuff like RPer preservation.

then the indians started to die and nobody knew why. some think it was a giant meteor. i think it was the white man who came over from europe with their stupid ideas. before you knew it most of the indians were dead and they had to live on rezervations and they didn’t take beads as payment anymore.

what im tryin to say is RPer put thought into their posts. i know i did and still do right to this very second. let us take the time to remember NO SRSLY and there brood. let us think about whats funny and clever. some people on this board prolly think there hilarious for postin image spam and makin people angry bu theyll never make people as angry as SG 94 could because SG 94 was in tune with the forums just as the ancient indians were in tune with the earth.

what im tryin to say is if you can’t come up with an original thought maybe you should relax and wait until you do to post.

im actor Charlie Sheen and i talked about RPer preservation.

i saw yoooou in two half menn and you weree ][ faaantaaaasticcc [/]

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!