Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Goatse.cx So, something happened earlier and apparently it's up to either me or Hobart to bring up these things.

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

Master_Troll Posted:

or communitty bans would work the best

this.

fingerz Posted:

The game has gotten large enough now that a revamp of the game’s punishment system is in order.

the game’s forum ought to be moderated separately from the game itself. The forum has nothing whatsoever to do with the game.

Fingerz

Avatar: 22863 2010-11-15 01:15:51 -0500

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

Master_Troll Posted:

imo remove that power completely from Admins/Banhammer and you and make the other mods have to file “reports” that if enough of them agree on it (like if 5 mods exist, then 2 of them have to agree and whatnot

This is essentially castrating the mods in front of the entire community. If you’re going to take away their individual powers then you’re basically making them into what, hall monitors? That’s laffable at best. The last part of your post there make more sense: Community bans.

Community/mb bans are desperately needed. Halp ET please fix this nao!

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

you have no idea how hard intermod discussion is.

if you have ever seen a bull**** ban since the new mods got promoted it’s because they don’t check for second/third opinions on borderline stuff.

no offense new mods. mod forum is mostly deserted, emails infrequent, gtalk only comes open when i’m poking people myself. you know who you are if you don’t apply to that statement.

And that happens very rarely now. The first few weeks, sure, we had some issues. Now, the number of ‘B.S. Bans’ is extremely low. Public perception for the reason for a ban may not be the exact reason for a ban, of course.

TUBSWEETIE

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

Sergeant Cid Posted:

And that happens very rarely now. The first few weeks, sure, we had some issues. Now, the number of ‘B.S. Bans’ is extremely low. Public perception for the reason for a ban may not be the exact reason for a ban, of course.

true but it still does happen. this is not the place to be mentioning this but i’d like confirmation that certain other mods actually look in the mod forum.

there’s relevant stuff in there sometimes.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

+1 sign for the “Community” and “Game” bans.

It’s actually some thing I’ve been wondering for quite a bit, why would some thing you do on the boards of a game take you out of the game itself?

Catt although

Avatar: 46806 2022-11-29 03:06:42 +0000

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Last Catt Standing

CrinkzPipe Posted:

+1 sign for the “Community” and “Game” bans.

It’s actually some thing I’ve been wondering for quite a bit, why would some thing you do on the boards of a game take you out of the game itself?

It’s been left that way as a deterrent for breaking rules.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Catt although Posted:

It’s been left that way as a deterrent for breaking rules.

Probably this (I don’t know for sure).

If people who enjoyed the game could keep playing it while constantly posting goatse in GD, how is the ban any sort of punishment?

Fingerz

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

MC Banhammer Posted:

If people who enjoyed the game could keep playing it while constantly posting goatse in GD, how is the ban any sort of punishment?

Well, just like now, the MB bans (or “community bans” as Tubs likes to call them Log in to see images!

Master_Troll

Avatar: 58489 2010-05-26 01:29:58 -0400

Level 69 Emo Kid

Lee_Harvey_Oswald is Pinky and I'm Brain

Fingerz Posted:

Well, just like now, the MB bans (or “community bans” as Tubs likes to call them Log in to see images!

ps make this bumociated with character, not account.

Fingerz

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

Master_Troll Posted:

That is a p good idea. Log in to see images!

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

nah posting bans should cross chars, imo. Just only show it on the one that got banned.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Master_Troll Posted:

That’s not likely to happen. It’s not the character who performed the bannable action, it’s the player. There’s no desire to give preferential treatment to people who pay for more alts, especially when they use those alts to violate rules.

Fingerz

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

You know what, let’s forget about that alt part for now and just focus on getting the forum separated from the game. That discussion will eventually derail the entire thread because there are good and valid arguments for both sides of it. Once we get mb bans and whole game bans, then we can talk about how to administer them Log in to see images!

Or, you know, CZ can b/c it’s ultimately up to them.

Nah, whatever type of ban should be bumociated with the whole account. I could just come do the same **** several more times if I wanted, and most people have at least one other alt they could do the same with.

About the selective modding:

*I* have to call selective modding when it definitely exists: UC and I were banned for the lengths we would have normally received (due to histories) on 4/20. Fingers was banned for a few hours even though she had even more bans in her history than I did. How could I possibly view that as fair? I honestly haven’t complained much about any of my other bans. I didn’t start the thread about Hobart’s and my last ban, and I don’t feel like anyone took that thread very seriously. Tubs and MCB could tell, even if Aldo couldn’t.

If the mods aren’t communicating, then there’s the issue. There are mods that can tell when we’re in here bsing and mods who obviously can’t. I think the mod selection was done poorly in the first place, because people were chosen who didn’t even pay attention to the forum before. Gullible mods don’t do anything except bring down the reputation of the entire team. And why are mods who are off in their own little world instead of trying to maintain consistent guidelines with the others even mods at all? It’s a reason I had no interest in being a mod – I couldn’t commit myself to enforcing rules that I don’t care about in the first place and spending my time having serious discussions about telling people not to do things whether I enjoy what they’re doing or not.

MC Banhammer Posted:

Musing openly to myself: The game itself is about trolling. Not about camwhoring, not about emo-ing, about trolling. That’s why every single character is represented in sTalks as a male troll. So reflecting that in the RP forums would be right in line, wouldn’t it? Honestly, the vast majority of posters there, no matter WHAT clbum their characters are, talk like trolls. So that’s clearly what the majority of the player base wants, right?

I want to reply to this little bit too to say it’s actually really annoying that you have to play as a male troll, even if you picked camwhore. It’s lazy writing that the clbum you pick has nothing to do with the game and it ruins any sense of immersion.

Anyway, yes, I troll in rp because that’s what’s enjoyable. Even if I post on an alt, which is rare, that alt is trolling despite its outward personality/clbum. I should use them more often but I’m lazy. Log in to see images! I guess my bumumption is that FLAMEbate is for FLAMING.

-Spamming is not really trolling. Trolling evokes a response that’s funny. The response to spam of this degree is for everyone to just leave.

-Making a “**** post” as whoever said in another thread isn’t trolling. It doesn’t really even disrupt the thread, as most people just glaze over it. If I say, “im gay” in a thread, that’s a **** post. It doesn’t really cause much reaction, it’s just posting for the sake of posting.

-Making a joke is not trolling unless the joke was offensive to a large number of people (every joke offends someone).

-To troll you can flame people, make stupid arguments, post a shock pic, whatever gets the emotional response you’re going for. Spam can cause this, but it’s used to disrupt a thread that deserves it, not every single thread on the forum. Someone’s taking the game aspect too seriously.

TUBSWEETIE

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MC Banhammer Posted:

the rules can be readjusted once the aspects are separated.

make shockposting in cd much longer.

K this is embarbuming to admit but i’m a longtime member of facepunch studios forums. they are run extremely well imo. people get banned all the time for all kinds of stuff. it’s an instant 7 day ban for posting shock anywhere there.

they also have a refugee camp (jail) where banned people can appeal. they only see the threads they make in there as well as the admin/mod/gold member replies.

i would very much like CZ to steal their system and apply it here.

– seperate flamebate bans from game bans

– flamebate bans turn off all the forums and leave a jail forum

– jail forum only shows the banned person’s posts. they can appeal in there.

– spamming jail extends your ban

– people who buy BP can see the jail maybe (perk of purchasing Log in to see images!)

– rules can be tweaked to fit the changes

– mods can be more ‘don’t **** up this place, jailtime’

– USER BANNED text can be automatically put on posts in red without having to mod edit

– BANEND will show up instead of custom titles.

seriously go kill braincells and see how facepunch is run. it’s really good in terms of a system to emulate here with regards to how they ban people. the mods are nazis there but if you don’t **** around you dont get banned.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

if you don’t **** around you dont get banned.

That’s true here too, you know.

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

what happens if people **** up the jail forum?

The Unknown -
Comic

Avatar: 95506 Tue Dec 09 09:40:49 -0500 2008

[Gimmick Alts and R-
ole-Players Local -
Union 352
]

Level 2 Re-Re

I'M AWESOME APPRECIATE ME PLZ

Let’s not forget I was effected by the 4/20 bans, too, and I’m still waiting for my reparations.

Sneaky27 Posted:

more…Nailbomb spam.

Here’s my problem with most of the “trolling” on this site: it’s so stupid. DKR is pretty lame, but his gimmick was at least fresh at the time and he’s stuck to it like a champ. It gets everyone riled up, we get to see some images of kaisers, it’s his thing. Then you have people like Nailbomb or the Draginz spammers a few months back who can’t think for themselves and have to steal other people’s schticks. Nailbomb has now added necro-posting which I suppose is a little bit better, but it’s still image spam with a common theme and while DKR didn’t invent that it’s obvious Nailbomb got inspired by DKR.

I think people shouldn’t be given bans for being annoying, because let’s face it pretty much everyone on this board is annoying to some degree or another. Ban them for just not being worthwhile. If they can’t come up with an inventive way to be annoying, why not give them a break so they can think up a new gimmick.

TUBSWEETIE

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

Fortunato Posted:

what happens if people **** up the jail forum?

long long bans, permabans, banned from game

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!