Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Sex Do you own a Wii?

emohunter

Level 10 Hacker

What's an Emoh Unter

I have a wii and i have this game its a lot of fun i realy like the different shirts you can get and i like driving on the motorcycle or doing weird jobs like carrying coconuts or mowing the lawn and stuf and i think its funny when you save you use the toilet.

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

was Posted:

Then you need to go and buy No More Heroes and it’s sequel when it comes out.

This is imperative.

I will not tolerate dissent.

No More Heroes 2 is awesome.

Oh and only fabulous person boys use the Clbumic controller.

BobTheSqueak-
yWeasel

Avatar: 63475 2010-04-01 02:14:05 -0400

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Picking it up today; this is going to be amazing.

Rad-X

Avatar: 222202 2010-01-20 18:57:34 -0500

[WeChall]

Level 38 Hacker

“Uber Macro”

I bought a Wii when it launched and then sold it 3 months later. Nothing but a gimmicky machine and should have just spent the money on more stuff for my PS3, which is by far better.

King Cold

Avatar: 225310 2010-07-24 07:39:37 -0400

Level 4 Re-Re

holy chanches

BobTheSqueak-
yWeasel

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Rad-X Posted:

I bought a Wii when it launched and then sold it 3 months later. Nothing but a gimmicky machine and should have just spent the money on more stuff for my PS3, which is by far better.

Even if most of the games released for the Wii are horrendous shovelware, the few gems like Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart Wii, and Twilight Princess (I realize the last is out for GameCube as well, but if aiming projectile weapons via infrared sensor is a gimmick, then it’s a gimmick that makes games vastly more enjoyable) entirely validate owning one, at least for me.

The PS3 is the last current-gen system I ended up buying, and I find its library of exclusive titles to be even more lackluster than the Wii’s. I basically just use it as a Blu-Ray player while I play games on my 360 and Wii.

It’s also worth mentioning that the Wii is the first console that’s actually convinced my sister and parents to try video games. I don’t necessarily agree with how focused Nintendo seems to be on the casual gamer demographic, but anything that helps me share my love of gaming with my family can’t be all that bad.

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

BobTheSqueakyWeasel Posted:

I don’t necessarily agree with how focused Nintendo seems to be on the casual gamer demographic, but anything that helps me share my love of gaming with my family can’t be all that bad.

Agreed. That’s something Xbox and PS3 are not capable of, besides Singstar/Lipz/Buzz eventually.From the three consoles, Wii’s exclusive games are way above anything Sony and Microsoft could offer. I do love my Xbox, but usually for single player games like Oblivion, Fallout 3, Star Wars or online matches in Street Fighter IV.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Rad-X Posted:

Because generic games everyone has seen before > innovation.

BobTheSqueak-
yWeasel

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

I give No More Heroes 2 a big thumbs up, and heartily recommend it to those of you who are still sitting on your bumes.

On that note, what is up with gothic lolita bumbumins having catchy fight music?

Drakodan

Avatar: 57623 2010-05-29 20:03:09 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Surfing the Tubes

I have a Wii, but I can’t remember the last time I used it for something other than Guitar Hero.

Something_Wi-
tty

Avatar: 32289 2010-01-24 16:35:06 -0500

[Team Shortbus]

Level 26 Permanoob

OH GOD WHAT THE **** IS THAT MY HEAD JUST GOT DECAPITATED

Not to hijack was’s thread or to make any less of a deal about NMH2 (which I’m buying as soon as they get around to releasing it in Ausfailia Log in to see images!), but I just wanted to share a quick opinion.

Yes, the PS3/360 generally have much, MUCH better single-player games (though the Wii has a good library of fantastic games too and I could name 10 at least off the top of my head, but quality releases are much further between), and naturally online is ****ing WORLDS better. If you want your more typical ‘hardcore’ (jesus **** that’s an elitist term but w/e) games then stick with your PS3/360 for sure.

But the situation is reversed when you have a few buddies over. Good local multiplayer/splitscreen games (especially for 4 players) are much further between (and generally more catered towards people who play lots of games anyway), whereas the Wii is just downright great for parties. Nintendo may be stubborn as hell with online, but they haven’t turned their nose up at local multiplayer like so many developers these days. And they’re actually much better off for it IMO.

Rad-X

[WeChall]

Level 38 Hacker

“Uber Macro”

Something_Witty Posted:

But the situation is reversed when you have a few buddies over. Good local multiplayer/splitscreen games (especially for 4 players) are much further between (and generally more catered towards people who play lots of games anyway), whereas the Wii is just downright great for parties. Nintendo may be stubborn as hell with online, but they haven’t turned their nose up at local multiplayer like so many developers these days. And they’re actually much better off for it IMO.

Yeah that’s all well and good if you’ve got kids and such, but if I’m having a ‘party’, it involves drinking and to be honest I wouldn’t want drunk people near my consoles.

BobTheSqueak-
yWeasel

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

They fixed the controller strap right after the console launched, so the Wii is safe for drunk people now.

Skyman747

Avatar: 115546 2015-08-12 18:58:09 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

DIRTY ****ING fine upstanding member of society woman's genitals

BobTheSqueakyWeasel Posted:

They fixed the controller strap right after the console launched, so the Wii is safe for drunk people now.

It also has it’s special condom so you don’t have to worry about hurting people too badly.

My opinion on the wii is that it’s p. good. Basically what SW said.

mterek

Avatar: 192622 2009-09-24 16:39:01 -0400

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

I don’t own one. Apparently this makes me some ani-mainstream freak.

Something_Wi-
tty

Avatar: 32289 2010-01-24 16:35:06 -0500

[Team Shortbus]

Level 26 Permanoob

OH GOD WHAT THE **** IS THAT MY HEAD JUST GOT DECAPITATED

Rad-X Posted:

Yeah that’s all well and good if you’ve got kids and such, but if I’m having a ‘party’, it involves drinking and to be honest I wouldn’t want drunk people near my consoles.

I’m 22. As are most of my friends. I’m usually one of the drunker ones. I spill beer on my controllers all the time. The bumons are kinda sticky but I usually just tell my friends I whacked off all over them when they ask me about it while they’re using them. The results are often p. good Log in to see images!

But seriously a lot of my friends couldn’t give two ****s about 99% of my PS3 games (yes, even the ‘casual’ games like Modern Warfare 2 that supposedly everyone plays), yet they love Mario and his buddies like an extended digital family. Cracking out a few 4-player rounds of Mario Kart or Smash Bros while everyone’s wasted as good for a laugh if nothing else IMO Log in to see images!

Rad-X

[WeChall]

Level 38 Hacker

“Uber Macro”

mterek Posted:

I don’t own one. Apparently this makes me some ani-mainstream freak.

You and me both then. I seriously doubt there’s anything that will ever make me want to buy one again.

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

Rad-X Posted:

As an entertainment devise the Playstation Three is better than a Wii.

As a gaming device it should be judged game by game.

And when you compare them game by game it soon becomes pointless.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!