Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Macho Now that my ban is done, can I have an explanation as to why it was given in the first place?

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

ChilePepino Posted:

CD means don’t do anything funny, while RP pretty much means you can post a whole bunch of **** that no one cares about or something that might be funny, just so it can be spammed with kaisers and other ****.

I never considered those mini contests between Hobart and 1337lololol funny in any way. You?

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Aldo_Anything Posted:

I never considered those mini contests between Hobart and 1337lololol funny in any way. You?

So if we post multipul threads in CD, will we get banned for the mods being annoyed by pressing a bumon several times?

Cheins Sanch-
ez

Avatar: 64305 2015-06-13 02:49:05 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 36 Troll

Rex Sacrorum

Aldo_Anything Posted:

I actually do find them enjoyable. I also think you’re being like that guy at the swimming pool that tells me to stop splashing my friends.

Tell me what you think of these:

http://forumwarz.com/discussions/view/20441-contest-for-1-bp-and-your-name-on-my-mammary glands

http://forumwarz.com/discussions/view/38141-contets-for-2-bp

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

Aldo_Anything Posted:

I thought it was funny to see those post on the contest forums. I suppose the mods that had to do something about it wouldn’t think it was that fun though.

Pretty much when someone makes a post in CD, one has to be careful because of the ban-happy people with mod powers. You can get a ban because a mod didn’t like what you did. Which sucks.

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

Hey Cheinz, your impression that mods are mainly there to take away the fun, is awfully wrong – and I think you know that.

Posting dupe threads in CD, even in the contests forum, by the same person(s) in a short period of time is bannable. When one of those contests is also untoxxable, the ice gets even thinner.

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Aldo_Anything Posted:

Hey Cheinz, your impression that mods are mainly there to take away the fun, is awfully wrong – and I think you know that.

Posting dupe threads in CD, even in the contests forum, by the same person(s) in a short period of time is bannable. When one of those contests is also untoxxable, the ice gets even thinner.

How can a contest be untoxxable.

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Also, if they were banned for making so many topics. YOu might as well ban Zombiggy or who ever is hosting the rap contest, pure biased imo.

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

Aldo_Anything Posted:

I found them funny as well.

What about friend contests? Are those not “untoxxable” as well? What if I make a friend contest that says I’ll give out 1 bp when I get the flamebate peen, then reject all the friend requests?

Ardent

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Well, Hobart does sound pretty earnest. Maybe banhammer could apologize?

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

Aldo_Anything Posted:

Depends on what contests you are starting. Most of the ones before your ban were nothing but spam and annoying.

such as?

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

in a constructive vein, can we use this as evidence that the contest forum should no longer appear in active topics?

Perhaps each mod should have a page listing their likes/dislikes, so we can more effectively cater to their particular brand of “humor?”

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

What a pleasant thread to wake up to. I do so love completely fair representation of an issue, showing all pertinent details so an accurate discussion could be had.

Too bad this thread doesn’t fall in that category.

Here’s the things you other guys are missing: They set the whole thing up to bait me into banning someone for something which wasn’t bannable. I fell for it, and they suffered the consequences. That’s the risk you run when you try to troll a mod.

They’re going to deny it, but if you put the pieces I have together, you’ll see that. The pieces you’re missing are the tubmails I got from them. I’m not going to add all the links to the contest threads themselves, as that’s way too much work. (Note: time beteween tubmails and posts are off. There may be a delay in the send, I dunno, will have to ask ET.)

Subject: Plesea verify my contest!

07/01/2009 2:12PM

http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view/35494-v-v-v-v-contest-5bps-someone-somewhere-please-make-a-good-post-v-v-v-v

I sent 5bp to both Nana and Hobart! Please close thanks

Closed, even before I got the tubmail. No problem.

Subject: can you close my contest please

07/01/2009 2:17PM

topic

Closed, no problem.

Hobart creates a “guess the secret word” contest. I suggest he send a mod the pbumword. He does:

Subject: contest

07/01/2009 3:31PM

pbumword is frumpy

1337 posts this. If there was any doubt before this, it’s now clear that hobart and 1337 are talking to each other and staging the whole thing. That’s cool, it’s funny, but it means unnecessary work for the mods, so I ask them to move it:

Subject: Re: contest

07/01/2009 3:35PM

pbumword is frumpy

Okay then.

Can you and 1337 please take your games somewhere else, where mods don’t have to clean them up afterwards? Thank you.

Then Hobart thinks I’m stupid:

Subject: why did you tell 1337lol the pbumword?

07/01/2009 3:36PM

anyway contest is closed now thanks.

After that request, Hobart and 1337 do it again. I warn, even though I should have banned then.

Subject: This is not a site rule!

07/01/2009 3:42PM

You cant just randomly decide we’re not allowed to make a contest anymore!!!

Subject: Re: This is not a site rule!

07/01/2009 3:43PM

You cant just randomly decide we’re not allowed to make a contest anymore!!!

I’m not deciding you can’t make contests.

I’m asking you to stop going back-and-forth in a place where mods have to clean up. Take it to Ayn Rands or something.

And after this, Hobart posts yet another contest. At this point I have had to deal with cleaning up these contests a lot, especially after I had asked them nicely to move them somewhere I wouldn’t have to close them, that I immediately banned for the next one. Even though it may have been a legitimate contest (although I expect that 1337 would have eventually supplied the winning picture). So, Hobart, I apologize for banning you for that contest instead of the one I should have banned you for.

CrinkzPipe Posted:

1337lol contest was not toxxable.

He stated that when MCB made a non-gay post he would get the bp. What is, or what isn’t gay is up for the contest starter to decide. The ban was MCB flying off the handle.

As to this, I addressed it in that thread. The requirement was not that I make a non-gay post (not that I have any idea how a post can have a sexual orientation), it was that I not be gay. I’m not. She didn’t pay up, so I banned for toxx.

Those of you who are anti-mod on principle, will see this as another example of mods acting out. Those of you with a normal world view will understand why I did what I did. So further discussion from my part is not really something worth pursuing IMO.

Moral of the story:

The ban rule page Posted:

It is at the discretion of any moderator/administrator to ban a user temporarily or permanently. Don’t make them want to.

Fingerz

Avatar: 22863 2010-11-15 01:15:51 -0500

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

Fortunato Posted:

in a constructive vein, can we use this as evidence that the contest forum should no longer appear in active topics?

I second that Log in to see images!

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

Fortunato Posted:

I disagree. No one ever visits contests in the forum that aren’t on the active topics, and I’d rather not have to buy an advertisement to get any traffic on a contest.

Sure, they’re annoying, but if there was any other real discussion going on in CD they wouldn’t be on Active topics.

Ok, I do have one unresolved issue: Why is closing like 5 threads more work for you than making a 5000 word essay on why your banning decision was correct?

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

1337xxxxxxxxxlolololololololololxxxxxxxxx1337 Posted:

Ok, I do have one unresolved issue: Why is closing like 5 threads more work for you than making a 5000 word essay on why your banning decision was correct?

Hahahaha.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

1337xxxxxxxxxlolololololololololxxxxxxxxx1337 Posted:

LOL!

It’s not. I just didn’t see that you were going to limit it to 5, and then it would have been.

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

MC Banhammer Posted:

As to this, I addressed it in that thread. The requirement was not that I make a non-gay post (not that I have any idea how a post can have a sexual orientation), it was that I not be gay. I’m not. She didn’t pay up, so I banned for toxx.

But What is a gay post and what is not a gay post was up to the contest opener correct? Maybe 1337lol felt like your post was still gay.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

CrinkzPipe Posted:

But What is a gay post and what is not a gay post was up to the contest opener correct? Maybe 1337lol felt like your post was still gay.

Can you read?

Please read the exact requirements of the contest again.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!