Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Pr0n Domination Season End

ghax

Avatar: 80241 Thu Jul 02 20:10:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Camwhore

I love 12 inch fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs in my arse

Inertia Posted:

so you’d like sunday?

snipe. what about the plethora of religious people that go to church?

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

ghax Posted:

snipe. what about the plethora of religious people that go to church?

good point we can’t forget about them (eg. shii)

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

Inertia Posted:

so you’d like sunday?

I’d like it not to be Saturday evening.

Saturday morning, Saturday afternoon, most of Sunday would be less likely to clash with peoples social plans.

And before McB weighs in with another misrepresentation, I’m almost always present on Wednesday, so I’m not just arguing from a selfish POV. We’re looking for a compromise that allows more people to join in.

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

Can’t we just end this season now? It’s been going long enough.

meeeeeeeeee

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

quangntenemy Posted:

Can’t we just end this season now? It’s been going long enough.

Bingebot will have to consult his magic 8 ball again to see if it’s OK.

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

If it ended on Sunday evening by server time, it would still suck for Europe/Asia because it’d be ending early on Monday morning.

Maybe if it was earlier on Sunday (or Saturday) so that it ends at a range of middle-of-the-day times depending on your location.

Sneaky27

Avatar: 70951 2010-02-06 21:28:05 -0500

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

What’s wrong with the oft suggested rotation of ending times? Every week is six hours off of the week before.

dobnits

Avatar: 58842 2010-01-24 16:19:10 -0500

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

THE LEGENDARY PINK DOBS

You know that wouldn’t be too bad of an idea. Rotating it six hours every week, that is. Once it makes a full rotation (28 or 24 weeks if you exclude Sunday due to collisions with forumbuildr) a new season begins.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

dobnits Posted:

You know that wouldn’t be too bad of an idea. Rotating it six hours every week, that is. Once it makes a full rotation (28 or 24 weeks if you exclude Sunday due to collisions with forumbuildr) a new season begins.

That’s a really great idea.

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

ok so, start one week at 9:00 PM wed, next 3:00 AM thu next 9:00 AM thu, next 3:00 PM thu, next 9:00 PM thu and so on?

Uh uhn no way.

Malaise

Avatar: 40838 2011-10-31 23:42:35 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trust me. I know edgy!

I am really tired of this argument coming up again and again. If our goal is to pick a time that works for the most people there is one and only one solution which is to actually find out when the most people can and will play. CZ needs to set up a survey asking people’s preferred time, other workable times, and absolutely unworkable times. That is it.

The idea that we would move it to the preference of whoever posts the most persistently or aggressively annoys me. Possibly the time we have now is the best compromise we’re going to get, possibly there is a much better time/date – the truth is none of us know at this point.

Skyman747

Avatar: 115546 2015-08-12 18:58:09 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

DIRTY ****ING fine upstanding member of society woman's genitals

Malaise Posted:

I am really tired of this argument coming up again and again. If our goal is to pick a time that works for the most people there is one and only one solution which is to actually find out when the most people can and will play. CZ needs to set up a survey asking people’s preferred time, other workable times, and absolutely unworkable times. That is it.

Posted something like this in another thread so I agree completely. The end time shouldn’t alternate so that every other week the minority from one country can sweep medals while everyone else is asleep.

mterek

Avatar: 192622 2009-09-24 16:39:01 -0400

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

I like the rotation idea because everyone is impacted equally. One time might be good for someone for 3 weeks, but horrible for them for another 2 weeks. But since everyone ends up better off or screwed at one point people on USA East or those in Europe don’t always have the advantage for Domination.

Catt although

Avatar: 46806 2022-11-29 03:06:42 +0000

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Last Catt Standing

Malaise Posted:

The idea that we would move it to the preference of whoever posts the most persistently or aggressively annoys me. Possibly the time we have now is the best compromise we’re going to get, possibly there is a much better time/date – the truth is none of us know at this point.

Yep.

Phuquit

Avatar: 164203 2010-11-10 22:19:30 -0500

[pizza party]

Level 69 Troll

Call your Mother. Is it too much to ask

Skyman747 Posted:

Posted something like this in another thread so I agree completely. The end time shouldn’t alternate so that every other week the minority from one country can sweep medals while everyone else is asleep.

As things stand, EVERY week the minority from one country can sweep medals while everyone else is asleep. I guess you’re lucky that you happen to live in that one country. Shouldn’t everyone have the chance to win medals?

A 4-weekly rotating end time would dovetail nicely with streaks. The first 2 weeks of your streak, you’re not going to be very competetive, so you work it that those 2 weeks coincide with the least favourable end times for you. Weeks 3 and 4 when you’ve got a shot at medaling, the round ends at a time that’s convenient for you.

I live in Europe, but my schedule allows me to play at the end of the round, even though it’s in the middle of the night here. So although I personally wouldn’t gain an advantage with a rotating end time, I’m all in favour of broadening the competition by making it more accessible to everyone.

meeeeeeeeee

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Phuquit Posted:

A 4-weekly rotating end time would dovetail nicely with streaks. The first 2 weeks of your streak, you’re not going to be very competetive, so you work it that those 2 weeks coincide with the least favourable end times for you. Weeks 3 and 4 when you’ve got a shot at medaling, the round ends at a time that’s convenient for you.

bumuming you play one alt. If you rotate multiple alts, you’re effectively handed a huge advantage if you can be around at all end times. You can sweep when hardly anyone else is around.

Also dom shouldn’t just be about where you are in your streak. Players should ideally be competitive every week.

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

Every day I see 9 replies to this thread I’m all “sweet, maybe BB posted the season end date!” Then I’m all ”Log in to see images!, no he didn’t”

IF there is to be a change, then a survey would be the best way to figure out how to make the change. Otherwise there is no need to bumume that just because people are shouting about it in forums that that’s the change that is going to happen. I keep reading people freaking out about “Aw ****, BB is doing Russian Roulette now” simply because he made a suggestion in a thread. Then I go around looking for where he said “this WILL be this way” only to find nothing concrete anywhere. Log in to see images!

That being said, it’s a game, and no matter where the end time is, someone will be alienated so there is no perfect solution, though as is people have already worked it into their schedules. People who can’t be there for the end of Dom aren’t excluded from playing or even winning, just not winning in the top brackets and quite frankly that probably makes their lives a fair bit less complicated than our own Log in to see images!

Sneaky27

Avatar: 70951 2010-02-06 21:28:05 -0500

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Phuquit Posted:

As things stand, EVERY week the minority from one country can sweep medals while everyone else is asleep. I guess you’re lucky that you happen to live in that one country. Shouldn’t everyone have the chance to win medals?

How are you so sure that the majority don’t live in the Americas?

Fortunato Posted:

ok so, start one week at 9:00 PM wed, next 3:00 AM thu next 9:00 AM thu, next 3:00 PM thu, next 9:00 PM thu and so on?

Uh uhn no way.

Just wanted to say that this is not what I was talking about. What I meant was to keep dom end on Wednesday, just rotate the time by six hours every week.

wtfmcnuggets

Avatar: 104315 Sat Apr 11 13:02:16 -0400 2009

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 40 Troll

i finally grew a male reproductive organ

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

Spoke with ET, the now rough estimate is 1 month. When I have a firm date I’ll post it. I’m still undecided if we should do double medals Log in to see images!

It’s been almost 3 weeks since this post. I know you said you’d post the end date when you know it, but can we get another estimate? Will the season be ending in roughly one week?

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

can we please not clog up a sticky with dom end nonsense? The stance on them has been made very clear.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!