Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
News New (and improved) Domination Enhancements Thread

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

Once again… Only if dom endtime is moved to the weekend. I won’t be able to participate in 3 of those 4 dom endtimes, and since there will be players who can do so every week, that will pretty much end my, and most other players chances in this game. In short, it’s a ****ing horrible idea.

Once again… The current time screws over a large number of people too. It’s not all about you.

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

Remove all ridiculous Raiding rules (raid only every 60 hours, raid group size limit, no alts allowed in raid, etc)

Biggest klan wins, a gift to Wechall.

meeeeeeeeee

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

MC Banhammer Posted:

Once again… The current time screws over a large number of people too. It’s not all about you.

I do not plan on sticking around if I can play once every 4 weeks, competing against players who can participate every week. How do you propose to balance this? Do you actually have any information on who can play at what times, as I suspect the majority will be in the same situation as myself.

Also would you ****ing stop playing the selfish card, when there are self evidently problems with this suggestion.

meeeeeeeeee edited this message on 07/07/2009 3:14PM

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

I do not plan on sticking around if I can play once every 4 weeks, competing against players who can participate every week. How do you propose to balance this?

My point is, there are tons of people who can play only once every 4 weeks, or less, NOW, because of the ending time. This suggestion balances it over more people.

It’s not perfect, but it’s way more balanced than what we have now.

Also would you ****ing stop playing the selfish card, when there are self evidently problems with the current system.

MC Banhammer edited this message on 07/07/2009 3:14PM

meeeeeeeeee

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

MC Banhammer Posted:

My point is, there are tons of people who can play only once every 4 weeks, or less, NOW, because of the ending time. This suggestion balances it over more people.

It’s not perfect, but it’s way more balanced than what we have now.

Also would you ****ing stop playing the selfish card, when there are self evidently problems with the current system.

And you think people would actually play once every 4 weeks? That is not going to sustain anyones interest, particularly as they’ll be competing against players who can participate every week.

meeeeeeeeee edited this message on 07/07/2009 3:20PM

Skyman747

Avatar: 115546 2015-08-12 18:58:09 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

DIRTY ****ING fine upstanding member of society woman's genitals

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

- Every week Domination End time rotates 9pm, 3am, 9am, 3pm EST

I would say to try all of these out for a week each, and then whichever one gathers to most traffic to the site we keep. You can’t please everyone, and pleasing the Majority is the next best thing.

meeeeeeeeee

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

2, 3 or 4 dom end times each week. You pick which one you want to participate in a week in advance, so there would be a strategic element in this if you have the flexibility to pick whichever you think may be a quiet one. This would work best if we have a larger playerbase, but if players have the choice when to play that may happen anyway.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Picking a time would be great, but also quite a bit of coding.

Rotating end times could be tried for a month with minimal coding if any (it may just need a manual reset of a counter). Maybe as a mini-season after this season ends, with medals but no peen awarded.

Sneaky27

Avatar: 70951 2010-02-06 21:28:05 -0500

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

<START TRANSMISSION>

The old thread was stale so I’m starting a new one. These changes are proposed changes and will be implemented as time goes on. Please provide feedback.

Raid changes:

– Allow officers to create raids without joining them (for now just ensure you have enough officers to raid)

Remove all ridiculous Raiding rules (raid only every 60 hours, raid group size limit, no alts allowed in raid, etc)

I’m fine with this as long as klan raiding still only offers one scoop per attainment of twelve. This will give klans an advantage, but not insurmountable with proper planning.

Scoop changes

– Martyr 3 times should yield 8 scoops instead of 1

– Add a “Mobsters backroom Wheel of Fortune” option to get Antifreeze scoops

Add a daily scoop earning limit of X (X = 200?)

Add a weekly scoop earning limit of X (X = 1000?)

Remove Antifreeze limit

The martyr change is a good one, and should probably be worth more scoops so that it’s actually enticing. Eight scoops just isn’t enough to make it a viable alternative to continuing even an early streak. Twenty-five might be worth the effort if you hit your one hundred streak mid-week, but only then.

I’m not a fan of artificial caps, but Antifreeze needs one. I did not play when it was a problem, so I do not have the first-hand knowledge of it’s broken nature. I do, however, know how to do basic maths, and I can read leaderboards as well. Uncapped Antifreeze would make Dom impossible for anyone not on the first page or two of the Flezz leaderboard. Having said that, I would like to see the limit raised to something more in line with the other flavors. I would suggest doubling the limit for the next season and see how that works. It might be worth considering only capping the Antifreeze earned through Gamble-Bot, basically allowing the Mobster Antifreeze in addition to the cap.

Other changes

– Every week Domination End time rotates 9pm, 3am, 9am, 3pm EST

– You can’t earn scoops in the last 24 hours of Domination

New Cards

Moar Themes

<END TRANSMISSION>

Dom end time change, new cards and more themes can only add to the strategic element of Dom, and therefor are good changes. The not earning scoops part just makes shields more valuable.

Catt although

Avatar: 46806 2022-11-29 03:06:42 +0000

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Last Catt Standing

MC Banhammer Posted:

Oh, and for the love of goatse, just push this through already:

– Every week Domination End time rotates 9pm, 3am, 9am, 3pm EST

I keep saying this and getting ignored, but I’ll say it again – instead of picking times at random, try and get some ideas from the player base as to what times would work. The 9am time in particular I think would work for a very small percentage of people.

BINGEBOT 2015

Avatar: 38 2010-12-05 22:39:25 -0500

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

Catt although Posted:

I keep saying this and getting ignored, but I’ll say it again – instead of picking times at random, try and get some ideas from the player base as to what times would work. The 9am time in particular I think would work for a very small percentage of people.

I believe the idea here is to support Euro players. As I’ve said before, build first, tweak second. If those times don’t work, perhaps we’d do 9am and 9pm only. The point is that alternating Dom times would accommodate the Euro players.

In the meantime perhaps we should try another Russian Roulette week Log in to see images!

Catt although

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Last Catt Standing

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

I believe the idea here is to support Euro players. As I’ve said before, build first, tweak second. If those times don’t work, perhaps we’d do 9am and 9pm only. The point is that alternating Dom times would accommodate the Euro players.

In the meantime perhaps we should try another Russian Roulette week Log in to see images!

That’s what I was thinking – 9am server time would be 2pm U.K. 3pm Germany, probably not the best times. 4 or 5 hours later would probably be better.

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

Catt although Posted:

That’s what I was thinking – 9am server time would be 2pm U.K. 3pm Germany, probably not the best times. 4 or 5 hours later would probably be better.

Ok I’ve changed the wording so we don’t need to argue semantics.

“Every week Domination End time alternates (to address Euro players)”

Malaise

Avatar: 40838 2011-10-31 23:42:35 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trust me. I know edgy!

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

<START TRANSMISSION>

The old thread was stale so I’m starting a new one. These changes are proposed changes and will be implemented as time goes on. Please provide feedback.

Raid changes:

– Allow officers to create raids without joining them (for now just ensure you have enough officers to raid)

– Remove all ridiculous Raiding rules (raid only every 60 hours, raid group size limit, no alts allowed in raid, etc)

Medal changes:

NEW MEDALS!

Scoop changes

– Add a daily scoop earning limit of X (X = 200?)

– Add a weekly scoop earning limit of X (X = 1000?)

– Pistachio scoops revamp (change the way streaks work)

– Martyr 3 times should yield 8 scoops instead of 1

– Remove Antifreeze limit

Other changes

– Every week Domination End time alternates (to address Euro players)

– You can’t earn scoops in the last 24 hours of Domination

New Cards

Moar Themes

– Add a “Mobsters backroom Wheel of Fortune” option to get Antifreeze scoops

<END TRANSMISSION>

Virtually unlimited raiding plus unlimited antifreeze plus daily caps and weekly caps = every serious player will achieve maximum scoops every week.

Might as well just bumign everyone 1000 scoops at the beginning of the week and let them buy cards and attack/defend as they see fit.

Actually that would be an awesome theme week.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

- Pistachio scoops revamp (change the way streaks work)

An easy Pistachio fix might be to just cut in half the number of scoops you receive (except for the first one).

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

Malaise Posted:

Virtually unlimited raiding plus unlimited antifreeze plus daily caps and weekly caps = every serious player will achieve maximum scoops every week.

Might as well just bumign everyone 1000 scoops at the beginning of the week and let them buy cards and attack/defend as they see fit.

Actually that would be an awesome theme week.

Yes. Is there anything wrong with there being a max? The game is supposed to be about Strategy. AKA: How do you make the most of what you have. It is a by-product of all the holes and exploits in the existing system that makes it more about getting the most scoops possible to survive a barrage of card attacks. I’m proposing that the game be made more into a Strategy game like it was always intended to be. Everyone can get the same max and it’s more about how you choose to use the scoops you’ve earned.

Now go and poke holes in what I’ve just said. Why shouldn’t we do this?

Catt although

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Last Catt Standing

I’m wondering what people think of the idea of actually betting scoops with gamble-bot. It’d be nice if there was actually some incentive to gamble well as opposed to just a lot. Something in the manner of any flavor can be gambled but you’d still get an antifreeze for every two wins.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

Everyone can get the same max and it’s more about how you choose to use the scoops you’ve earned.

Now go and poke holes in what I’ve just said. Why shouldn’t we do this?

Because then it has nothing to do with how you earn the scoops, it just has to do with how you play cards. If that’s the goal, then take away all the work that goes into earning scoops, give everyone 100 in each color at the beginning of the week, and go.

(Not pointing out how there’s not much strategy behind earning scoops now, it’s just the timing that’s the tricky part.)

EDIT: Welcome back, BTW! Nice to see you again Log in to see images! MC Banhammer edited this message on 07/07/2009 5:39PM

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

Euro-friendlier dom ends from time to time would be great. Maybe I could go to college again on Thursdays.

meeeeeeeeee

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

MC Banhammer Posted:

An easy Pistachio fix might be to just cut in half the number of scoops you receive (except for the first one).

That would reduce the number of scoops we receive, but not the fact that you only reach the scoop limit every 4 weeks (or 3.5 if you don’t care about finishing streaks midweek)

Reducing the overall streak length that earns pistachio would reduce the amount of pistachio, and allow players to participate more often. I’d prefer a round number (multiple of 28) so players don’t have to mess around aligning their streaks every time they start again. 28 or 56.

If other flavas are being boosted, it might be necessary to change the scoop increment from 2 to 3 or something

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!