Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Sex What's The Point?

Xylon

Avatar: 76994 2010-01-16 02:54:34 -0500

[Kappa Kappa Kappa]

Level 35 Hacker

Posting personal information is fun. Everyone should try it at least once.

The average human is given but twenty-five thousand or so days. In that time we are born, are raised, learn, grow, feel and eventually die. When I stop to consider how many I have already wasted with frivolous pursuits and then consider all the ones I intend to waste in the future. It seems that I am given about seventy years to experience whatever I can. After that, nothing is guaranteed. Rest bumured, no one who you have ever met has been dead longer than an hour, and even still no two people who have survived clinical death given the exact same account.

The more I think about it, I find it depressing. It is Santa Claus all over again, first there is no Santa and now there is no afterlife. If anyone tells me peanut bumer is a delusion, I am flat out going berserk.

But Seriously, What is the point of living to be good or evil when death is an eventuality and short of a few stray pieces of dogreat timesentation? all of us will be dead and forgotten in less than a hundred years.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

If nothing we do matters, the only thing that mattes is what we do.

Also, peanut bumer? P tasty, imo.

iIRZ

[Team Shortbus]

Level 7 Troll

iIRZ is a funny fine upstanding member of society, which is to say that he did WTC and your mom

i said that when i was 14

iIRZ

[Team Shortbus]

Level 7 Troll

iIRZ is a funny fine upstanding member of society, which is to say that he did WTC and your mom

literally those exact words

iIRZ

[Team Shortbus]

Level 7 Troll

please edit your post to include -iirz after the text already there tia

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

Avatar: nanalatinojesus gets you JUSTICE IN YOUR FORUMS's

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

I SHOULD POST MORE BUT I DON'T BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL REALLY LAME

dont worry xylon soon youll realize that good and evil are made up constructs and that smoking is bad too! you are on the road to adulthood – good luck!

-nana

edit: also remember to brush your teeth, your parents werent just trying to mean to you after all LOL! Log in to see images! nanalatinojesus gets you JUSTICE IN YOUR FORUMS edited this message on 06/30/2009 4:27AM

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

Avatar: nanalatinojesus gets you JUSTICE IN YOUR FORUMS's

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

I SHOULD POST MORE BUT I DON'T BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL REALLY LAME

brb gonna go read some Nietzsche then listen to good charlotte’s magnum opus: Life and Death

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

Why does there need to be a particular point to it all? Expecting there to be some grand overarching purpose to human life is practically religious… actually pretty directly religious – if you believe in a god and an afterlife then the purpose of life is to please the former to get into the best version of the latter.

Believing in neither, you get to make up your own purpose. Find something that seems worthwhile, and do it. Some people pump their effort into acgreat timesulating nice stuff, others put it into meeting cool people or doing things that will last after they die, or helping people who need help… there’s all kinds of things you can do that aren’t pointless.

So yeah, in summary it’s kinda daft to expect there to be a single “big important reason” for us to be here, but being alive is a lot more fun than the alternative, and if you can find something you like doing while you’re here then all to the better.

BloodyDemise

Avatar: 121820 2010-06-13 01:05:56 -0400

[Throne of Blood]

Level 60 Emo Kid

“Final Cut Pro”

The point is, do whatever the hell you want while you can. Log in to see images!

Give it another five billion years or so and the Sun is going to pwn the Earth anyway.

FARTFACE-enjoy

Level 23 Troll

“Dick in a Box”

you ought to look into existentialism. hell, existentialism even works with religion (see tolsoy). religion isn’t inherently bad. all religions are not christianity, and tell you the purpose of life is the afterlife. religion is a natural reaction to the the fact that as humans we can imagion a great deal, and the fact that we often imagion more than what there is. it is only because you believed in santa claus for example, that when you find that he isn’t real you feel lose. but what lose was there? you had no santa cluase to loose. if belief in an afterlife brings you peace than by all means believe away. but know that you may be wrong, you may be right but if your wrong than you loose nothing. and if your right there probably isn’t one single corect religion, that would violate logic, so be respectful about it.

but than again lets say there is a god. or gods, doesn’t really matter. at the end of the day there is no solid reason for existing. there is no reason something is inherently better than nothing. and because god(s) thought it would be cool to make some life doesn’t mean life has meaning. even that is an existential choice. just ask lucifarians, or whatever there called. people who believe in the christian god, but believe he is an evil tyrant and that the angel lucifer is a noble freedom fighter. they choose to rebel against the god they claim gave them existance. so therefore meaning still does not come from divine sources, but rather ourself and our own choice.

FARTFACE-enjoy

Level 23 Troll

“Dick in a Box”

oh and i’ve noticed a lot of people (in general not here necesarily) will tell you what life is as they bash religopn for telling you what life is. thats called hypocracy, you know that thing you get ****ed at relgious people for doing? the only thing more obnoxious than a religious person who woun’t listen to facts is an athiest that wount listen to themselfs.

sorry i’m starting to rant….

FARTFACE-RAPE edited this message on 07/10/2009 5:46AM

SNEAKERKITTI-
CAT

Avatar: 189202 Tue Jul 28 20:16:57 -0400 2009

Level 36 Emo Kid

It sucks to admit it, but I'm incredibly obsessed with Fran. Why won't she pay attention to meeee :(

Xylon Posted:

The average human is given but twenty-five thousand or so days. In that time we are born, are raised, learn, grow, feel and eventually die. When I stop to consider how many I have already wasted with frivolous pursuits and then consider all the ones I intend to waste in the future. It seems that I am given about seventy years to experience whatever I can. After that, nothing is guaranteed. Rest bumured, no one who you have ever met has been dead longer than an hour, and even still no two people who have survived clinical death given the exact same account.

The more I think about it, I find it depressing. It is Santa Claus all over again, first there is no Santa and now there is no afterlife. If anyone tells me peanut bumer is a delusion, I am flat out going berserk.

But Seriously, What is the point of living to be good or evil when death is an eventuality and short of a few stray pieces of dogreat timesentation? all of us will be dead and forgotten in less than a hundred years.

some*

pbwhiteboy

Level 19 Hacker

“Buffer Overflower”

if you believe in religion then there is the point that the after life is the reason for this life. that is very valid, doing well in this world and being rewarded in another. but on the other side of the debate (i.e. atheist of agnostic) there may not be anything on the other side. so for atheist like my self Life the universe and everything is all a random creation. no point in it no reason. for myself i think of like as something that should be enjoyed for the length that we can. progress as a people is a plus but in the long run just enjoy your life.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!