Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Gay What's Going On In the Gameplay Tune-Up?

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

So the gameplay tuneup is getting close to wrapping up and please take everything with a grain of salt as ET has said that everything is subject to change.

If you would like to be surprised this is not at all for you, but we’ve seen one too many surprise changes that made old players homicidal in the past and since ET said it could be discussed here is what I think it likely to change. Please note, game wise the only thing you need to read in advance to possibly prevent having a flezz impact is the consumables section.

Consumables:
Consumables decay. I don’t know what the time frame for decay will be, or if it will be the same as on the test server – everything was radically accelerated on the test server. I am personally selling off all my stockpiled consumables, again, this is simply my choice given the information I have, it is possible that I will find that I regret it.

Attacks:
Attacks have sensitivities. There are five – aggression, antisocial, misanthropy, incompetence and narcissism. (Remember that survey thing where ET asked people to name what the forums should be bumociated with, this is the end result.)

Forums will have weakness and strengths to certain sensitivities. This makes the selection of attacks far more important, especially at lower levels.

I believe this will be very cool and make Episode 3 more interesting attack wise.

There will be a way to keep track of which sensitivities each forum has.

Lemon:
Lemon will be based on fans earned rather than speed. Fans earned is based on number of moves taken, damage done and damage received. This is kind of neat from a level cap perspective since you can get a forum to that final hit point and still earn full lemon even if it sits for 10 minutes.

Currently it looks like it really male reproductive organs with the job board, but the job board has been horribly buggy on the test server, so I can’t say for sure.

New forum attacks:
Some forums will be able to do more than just hit your ego. There will be ways to prevent almost all of the special attacks a forum delivers.

duca

Avatar: 127754 2012-12-21 23:37:31 -0500

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 38 Camwhore

Happiness cannot be bought, but Crispers can.

So does this mean that Phase 3 will not occur?

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

duca Posted:

So does this mean that Phase 3 will not occur?

I believe (but don’t hold me to it) that that is correct.

duca

Avatar: 127754 2012-12-21 23:37:31 -0500

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 38 Camwhore

Happiness cannot be bought, but Crispers can.

Nice of them to let us know Log in to see images!

Sarcasm Inc

Avatar: 124937 2010-01-24 16:34:47 -0500

[pizza party]

Level 69 Hacker

Not needed anymore now that we have the SarcMark

duca Posted:

Celerysteve

Avatar: 61989 2011-12-28 11:21:37 -0500

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Right from the moment when I saw Saw, I laughed.

Please change the name of status effect. I guess most people don’t know what “Ad Hominem” means, and that’s about the only thing I can see you’re banking on… but for those of us who do, “Ad Hominem” is a very poor choice. It’s a hard sell to see how the term could possible be construed as a status effect.

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

Any examples for how this consumable decay works, what decays into what?

In general, it a predictable decay into a less potent variety of the same type of consumable (e.g. 5-HTP into Synthol), or something more weird than that?

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

man-man Posted:

Any examples for how this consumable decay works, what decays into what?

In general, it a predictable decay into a less potent variety of the same type of consumable (e.g. 5-HTP into Synthol), or something more weird than that?

Currently, consumables decay into junk. Then the junk decays into different junk. Repeat until hitting an end point.

There’s been at least one spading attempt (by yours truly) but the final results may differ so it’s not going to be published until it’s verified live.

Celerysteve

Avatar: 61989 2011-12-28 11:21:37 -0500

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Right from the moment when I saw Saw, I laughed.

MC Banhammer Posted:

Currently, consumables decay into junk. Then the junk decays into different junk. Repeat until hitting an end point.

There’s been at least one spading attempt (by yours truly) but the final results may differ so it’s not going to be published until it’s verified live.

What is the point of it? How is something like this going to make the game more fun?

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Celerysteve Posted:

What is the point of it? How is something like this going to make the game more fun?

Because it requires you to manage resources.

The goal isn’t necessarily to make the game more fun, it’s to make the game more challenging.

But on the fun side, stocking up on non-expiring consumables is boring.

ghax

Avatar: 80241 Thu Jul 02 20:10:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Camwhore

I love 12 inch fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs in my arse

anyone can go buy 1000 5-HTPs, so that they never have to visit the Drug Store again. Now you’ll actually have to THINK about how many you buy ahead of time. If you buy too many, then they decay. If you don’t buy enough, you may actually *fail* to beat the forum.

Fancy that. An actual challenge Log in to see images!

Fie

Avatar: 152207 2011-11-01 00:46:41 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 47 Camwhore

I want to see some real, live poop.

ghax Posted:

An actual challenge

We’ll see.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

duca Posted:

Sorry, I finally sent out a Tubmail to the Phase 3 participants with the bad news.

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

Evil Trout Posted:

Sorry, I finally sent out a Tubmail to the Phase 3 participants with the bad news.

So does that mean that by random chance they get no peen? Or will you still be giving out the peens despite not letting them participate? (I think most of them have stopped playing anyway, but duca comes to mind.)

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

MC Banhammer Posted:

But on the fun side, stocking up on non-expiring consumables is boring.

Stocking up on expiring consumables is boring also.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

ghax Posted:

anyone can go buy 1000 5-HTPs, so that they never have to visit the Drug Store again. Now you’ll actually have to THINK about how many you buy ahead of time. If you buy too many, then they decay. If you don’t buy enough, you may actually *fail* to beat the forum.

Fancy that. An actual challenge Log in to see images!

No..not really. The roll over on the test server is 4 hours. It would take a couple days to expire in the “real world”. It’s not hard to buy consumables in small amounts.

Like it was said in the test forums, this testing does NOTHING for the level 35s/endgamers. This only really makes it challenging for new people/alts.

CrinkzPipe edited this message on 09/07/2009 3:26PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!