Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Web Games Billy vs. SNAKEMAN Contest 2 (Up To 50 BP in Prizes)

SNEAKERKITTI-
CAT

Avatar: 189202 Tue Jul 28 20:16:57 -0400 2009

Level 36 Emo Kid

It sucks to admit it, but I'm incredibly obsessed with Fran. Why won't she pay attention to meeee :(

starwindlancer Posted:

Time for more prizes!

Congrats to Bionic Taffy, BUNNI_RAPE, magic-molester, Kooler221, and bitpixel for being the winners of round 3.

Grats guys. have fun

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

Jesus, in from the start of the first contest and I still haven’t gotten anything. The RNG’s been screwing me over on everything related to my main lately.

Kooler221

[WeChall]

Level 42 Emo Kid

“Tearleader”

Sweet, two-time winner. x]

Poison-Beebl-
ebrox

Level 30 Hacker

“01001000 01000001 01011000”

Done and done.

There are a LOT of “unimplemented” items. what gives?

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Poison-Beeblebrox edited this message on 07/12/2009 7:28PM

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

It’s not the items that are unimplemented, but the descriptions. The wiki is almost mandatory for playing the game.

Bionic Taffy

[Tormenting Evil Kn-
uckles of Satan
]

Level 65 Emo Kid

“Trenchcoat Mafioso”

Yay! Two-timer! I hope I get all 5 BP. Then I’ll only need two more for Episode 2.

SNEAKERKITTI-
CAT

Level 36 Emo Kid

It sucks to admit it, but I'm incredibly obsessed with Fran. Why won't she pay attention to meeee :(

Bionic Taffy Posted:

Yay! Two-timer! I hope I get all 5 BP. Then I’ll only need two more for Episode 2.

I only need 1!!! Log in to see images! SNEAKERKITTICAT edited this message on 07/13/2009 7:32AM

Michiyo

[WeChall]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

SNEAKERKITTI-
CAT

Level 36 Emo Kid

Can my brother participate?

starwindlanc-
er

Level 21 Hacker

“Buffer Overflower”

Hmm. That’s tricky. I’m personally all for getting more people interested in the game, but I also mentioned in the opening post that eligable contestants would be limited to one character per IP.

After thinking about it for a while, I’m willing to compramise (provided, of course, that nobody objects). Your brother can participate, but (to keep things fair) the two of you will share the 5 BP cap on prize awards. Additionally, the two of you will share a “draw ticket”, meaning that the chances of your IP getting a prize is the same as any other IP.

I know it’s a bit harsh (okay, a lot harsh), but it’s the only precident I can set that doesn’t scream “make up family members and enter your alts”.

Edit: See below

starwindlancer edited this message on 07/14/2009 12:33AM

SNEAKERKITTI-
CAT

Level 36 Emo Kid

I have a separate account, if that matters

starwindlanc-
er

Level 21 Hacker

“Buffer Overflower”

Okay. I’ve decided to change one of the rules of the contest. After thinking about it for quite a while, I have decided to change the restrictions on eligible contestants from one eligible character per IP to one eligible character per person.

My reasoning is this. The original purpose of this restriction was because I was trying to get the referral items in the game. Billy vs. SNAKEMAN only counted each IP once when awarding referral points. Furthermore, I was able to verify that players had unique IPs by keeping track how many players hit Chunin before I should have gotten the items and comparing it to how many players hit Chunin before I did get the items.

However, this is no longer the case. The first BvS contest was so successful that I received the last of the referral items on the first day of this contest. As such, my goal shifted from getting referral points to expanding the playerbase. Additionally, as there were no more items to get, I had no way of verifying that all the contestants did indeed have unique IPs anymore. As such, I have been operating on the hope that all contestants would fairly represent themselves.

Looking at the current situation objectively, any players who wanted to be douchbags and pretend their alts were different people could have done so without being caught, while those who were honest about sharing IPs have been excluded. With this change, honest players sharing IPs (such as siblings) will no longer be restricted as severely. Dishonest players, on the other hand, will not gain any ways to cheat that were not technically already open to abuse.

I realize that blindly trusting everyone to be nice and play by the rules isn’t the smartest thing I’ve ever done, especially considering that among the contestants are cheaters and players who have admitted they’re only in this for the BP, but this appears to be the most fair way to balance expanding the playerbase as much as possible with preventing cheaters.

The first post will not be updated, both for Toxx reasons as well as my belief that if you aren’t willing to look through three and a half pages for a post like this, you probably don’t deserve the lesser restriction.

ALL CONTESTANTS THAT SHARE AN IP WITH ANOTHER CONTESTANT MUST DISCLOSE THIS FACT!

This is because I technically still have one method of checking player’s IPs. It’s expensive for my character and very time consuming, so if I have to use it to investigate an abnormally large jump in my student count I will be a very unhappy ninja. Any cheaters I catch like this will no longer be eligible to participate in the contest.

Auro-kun

Level 7 Emo Kid

“Scene Kid”

I am a Chuunin now!

Auro-kun edited this message on 07/17/2009 9:57AM

Vinccent_aow

[Billy vs Snakeman -
Gamers
]

Level 29 Hacker

“1337”

Vinccent_aow edited this message on 07/27/2009 10:00AM

Bigandtasty

Avatar: 67579 Sat Jan 17 15:30:20 -0500 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

I see your strategy paid dividends. Log in to see images!

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

Yeah, for those who haven’t heard, the OP just won the top prize of $501 from the referral lottery that was going on at BvS. Congratulations, now buy us all more BP Log in to see images!

Arcanine

Avatar: 123635 Fri Feb 06 20:39:37 -0500 2009

[Communitalist Comr-
ades
]

Level 54 Hacker

“Logic Bomber”

Yeah, damn it. Congrats on the buckaroonies.

I also won 50 bucks, but that’s nothing compared to what you won. Log in to see images!

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

After discussions with the OP, since this contest results in rewards for him, I’m moving this thread to Ayn Rands (so the BP rewards are still binding) but no peen will be given.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Just leaving this here Log in to see images!

starwindlanc-
er

Level 21 Hacker

“Buffer Overflower”

Bigandtasty Posted:

I see your strategy paid dividends. Log in to see images!Yes. I contacted MC Banhammer about that and he decided that be best course of action was to remove the Big Give peen that I got from the first contest (which was during the BvS contest timeline) and move this thread to Ayn Rands. Hopefully, that makes everything good now.

Sancdar Posted:

Yeah, for those who haven’t heard, the OP just won the top prize of $501 from the referral lottery that was going on at BvS. Congratulations, now buy us all more BP Log in to see images!Earn it first! But this does mean that I’ll probably keep this going beyond the 50BP that I initally claimed I’d be giving out as long as we’re getting new entries.

Arcanine Posted:

Yeah, damn it. Congrats on the buckaroonies.

I also won 50 bucks, but that’s nothing compared to what you won. Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!